Dark Eden 8

Dark Eden

First off let me apologize for the unexplained leave of absence. I know it was unannounced and believe me I didn't plan on. However I owe you guys some explanation so please spare me a little time to do so okay?

First off I'm going through a personal crisis right now, I realized no matter how noble my intentions are, my plans just don't seem to come into fruition. Earlier this year I had hopes of going abroad either in the US or Australia but plans don't always work. Well long story short my dear old dad basically dismissed my plans, Part of me understands his reasons but a part of me just feels frustrated. My head's a mess and it's got in the way of the creative process. Anyway I've made other plans and I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping it would work out for me.

 

I'm feeling better now so I finally am able to write again. Sorry if I'm taking up space okay but I just had to explain myself, please don't misunderstand me.

 


 

 

 

Men rushed into the arena as the crowd gasped and wondered who the victor was. The crowd of spectators didn't know and from their point of view they couldn't just tell who won. One of the men who entered the arena crouched next to Sooyoung and Taeyeon, he checked for a pulse and signs of breathing. He placed his finger on Sooyoung's pulse point then gestured one of the other men to bring over a couple of stretchers. He rolled Sooyoung's lifeless body to the side then checked on Taeyeon. He placed his fingers on Taeyeon's pulse point and clearly felt her pulse, it was slightly weak yet he's certain that she's still alive. He raised Taeyeon's hand and gestured to the arena master that Taeyeon lives.

 

 

"Ladies and gentleman, the fight was close but we have a victor! The winner and tournament champion is Kim Taeyeon!" The arena master pronounced Taeyeon as the victor.

 

 

As the crowd cheered wildly at the announcement, the men attending to Taeyeon and Sooyoung took both of them out of the arena in separate stretchers. The men wheeled them away from the arena and into the hallway. As their fate ended cruelly and as life would have it, the hallway forked into two completely different directions. The men that were attending to Taeyeon took her to the infirmary where she received treatment for her broken forearm and other minor injuries sustained during the duel. Sooyoung was taken to a different part of the building, the hallway was dimly lit and a morbid and eerie silence filled the air. As the dim light that illuminated the hallway flickered occasionally, the men that took Sooyoung stopped in front of an ominous metal door. It was the last that the world would ever see Sooyoung, like most of those who were defeated on the arena; Sooyoung’s fate would never be known or spoken of.

 

 


 

The girl that fell on top of Yuri slowly got up, but not before staring at Yuri with awe and admiration. Even if she wanted to, the auburn haired girl just couldn't tear her gaze away from Yuri; her eyes were drawn to Yuri like a moth flying precariously close to an open flame. The girl's eyes traced every feature and outline of Yuri's face, everything about Yuri just enticed her. Her eyes locked themselves with Yuri's brown orbs, something in her eyes made it hard for the auburn haired girl to look away. To her, looking into Yuri's eyes was like stepping into quicksand, the longer she stares, the more that she finds herself sinking deeper. The auburn haired girl's cheeks were tinted with a subtle but noticeable shade of pink which didn't escape Yuri's attention as her face were mere inches away from the blushing girl's face. 

 

 

 

"Uhhmm... hey… Miss? Are you okay?" Yuri asked as she got on her feet.

 

 

 

The auburn haired girl dreamily nodded as she continues to stare at Yuri, the latter felt increasingly awkward as seconds ticked away. Yuri wanted to be elsewhere, if only her natural caring and considerate nature wasn't in the way; she would have run out of the room. Yuri scratched the back of her neck as she waited for the stunned girl to say something… anything… yet the auburn haired girl seems to be lost in a world of her own.

 

 

“Hey? Hello? Are you okay?” Yuri waved her hands in front of the girl but it didn’t seem to work. Yuri’s nose wrinkled and her eyebrows were scrunched together as she sighed in defeat.

 

 

“Hey… Miss… come on! Snap out of it.” Yuri snapped her fingers in front of the girl’s face but still not getting any response. 

 

 

Yuri brought her face closer to the petite girl’s face and continued snapping her fingers at her. As Yuri’s face drew closer towards the shorter girl’s face, Yuri nudged her shoulder gently. The careful nudge and the sound of Yuri’s voice finally brought the shorter girl back to her senses. Seeing that Yuri’s face were dangerously closer with hers, the shorter girl panicked and tried to hide her steadily glowing cheeks.

 

 

“Finally!” With a sense of relief Yuri heaved a sigh. She removed her hands away from the shorter girl and stepped back, creating space between them.

 

 

“You’re not hurt right?”

 

 

“N-no… I’m fine…” the auburn haired girl mumbled as she twiddled her fingers.

 

 

"Really?” Yuri lets out a sigh of relief, for a moment she thought there was something wrong with the girl. “You don't know how relieved I am to hear you're okay.”

 

 

“Y-yeah, I’m okay. Again I’m really sorry I should have paid attention to where I was going.” The auburn haired girl scratched the back of her neck, ever since she realized that Yuri was looking at her, she could barely try and look at Yuri properly.

 

 

“Uhmm… I think you and I… both were careless… so lets just quit apologizing to each other.” Yuri flashes an impish smile at the girl who would have probably spent the next 20 minutes apologizing to her. Yuri then leaned in and whispered “Besides people are starting to stare, we’re in a police station we shouldn’t give them the wrong idea.”

 

 

The auburn haired girl heartily chuckled at what Yuri whispered to her. The girl’s eyes turned into crescents as she cutely giggled, Yuri couldn’t help but laugh along as well.

 

 

“Hey, uhhmm… I’m Soonkyu by the way, Lee Soonkyu.” The auburn haired girl introduced herself and offered to shake Yuri’s hand.

 

 

“It was nice bumping into you Soonkyu-ssi.” Soonkyu giggled once again at the intentional pun while Yuri impishly grinned.

 

 

“I’m Yuri, Kwon Yuri.” Yuri shook Soonkyu’s hand and introduced herself.

 

 

“Yuri-ssi I guess you would believe me if I said that I fell  for you huh?” Soonkyu chortled; Yuri nearly had her stomach twisted into knots at Soonkyu’s witty quip. 

 

 

Yuri glanced at her watch as her phone suddenly rang, she slapped herself in the forehead and realized that she’s already late for work. Yuri reluctantly answered her phone. One of her workers called her up since they don’t have the keys to open the café. Yuri gestured to Soonkyu that she had to take this call, the latter responded with a simple nod and a smile.

 

 

“Yeah, I’ll be there in 20 minutes.”

 

 

“Okay, Bye.” Yuri assured her worker that she’ll be there soon.

 

 

After the call ended, Yuri hurriedly went back to Soonkyu.

 

 

“It was nice meeting you Soonkyu-ssi but I really have to go, I’m already late and my workers are waiting for me to open the café.”

 

 

"I understand, hope to bump into you again Yuri-ssi" Soonkyu's eyes formed into crescents as Yuri chuckled as she thought of how they bumped into each other awhile ago.

 

 

"Well, if you want to bump into me or if you're just hungry, you can find me at Garden of Eden."  Yuri chortled as she placed her hand inside her jean's back pocket.

 

 

"Yeah, I'll do that." Soonkyu nodded, as Yuri slowly walked away while gesturing to her that she was going to take her leave.

 

 

Soonkyu watched Yuri walk away, before she disappeared through the door, Yuri turned around smiled and waved at Soonkyu. The latter returned the smile and waved farewell.

 

 

"Garden of Eden Cafe huh?"  Soonkyu smiled heartily, even if she didn't get a number, at least she knew where to find Yuri.

 


 

-AnDroGeNie-