Dark Eden 24

Dark Eden

 

 

 

Call it coincidence, call it a chance meeting, but clearly Yuri didn’t expect to meet Soonkyu while on her way to her friend Eddie’s garage. she tried her best to stifle her smile; Yuri kept a straight face as Soonkyu continued showing off her eyesmile, her charm slowly rubbing off on Yuri who continued putting up a cold front. Yuri scratched the back of her neck as Soonkyu went closer to her.

 

 

“Yuri ah, I didn’t expect to see you here! Where are you off to?” Soonkyu nearly squealed, her heart nearly swelled twice its size, she could hardly contain her excitement.

 

 

“I didn’t expect to meet you here either; I’m on my way to pick up my bike. How about you?” Yuri had a hard time stifling her chuckle; her usual cold exterior masked the fact that she was enjoying seeing Soonkyu.

 

 

“Uhm, I’m on my way to pick up my car.” Soonkyu answered her excitement flickering as she felt Yuri’s coldness.

 

 

Yuri and Soonkyu began walking side by side; ever so slowly silence became the only interaction between the two. They were headed in the same the direction not just on this one way street that they were on but with the events that would soon unfold before their very eyes.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Their walk was short, the two made their way to Eddie’s Garage, a car and motorcycle repair shop. As Soonkyu and Yuri entered the shop they were greeted by the shop owner.

 

 

“Hey Eddie! Is my bike ready?” Yuri greeted and asked the American shop owner. Yuri spoke English fluently, Soonkyu was surprised to say the very least.

 

 

“Hey Yuri! Yeah she’s all done. By the way who’s the chick? She your girlfriend?” Eddie grinned as Yuri tried to hide her blush from Soonkyu who was somewhat oblivious at what the two were talking about.

 

 

“N-no she’s not! D-don’t get the wrong idea Eddie, I-I just met her along the way!” Yuri kept on stuttering making the shop owner laugh out loud.

 

 

“But, seriously Yuri you guys look good together!” Eddie remarked with a teasing grin, he winked at Soonkyu and left the two alone.

 

 

With Eddie gone, Yuri was left blushing madly and Soonkyu completely wondering what they were talking about.

 

 

“Hey Yuri ah, what were you guys talking about?” Soonkyu asked as she noticed Yuri’s blushing face.

 

 

“Nothing… just some jokes between friends a-haha… haha…” Yuri panicked; Soonkyu’s face was dangerously close to hers. She nervously backed away to create some distance and awkwardly laughed.

 

 

 


 

 

Yuri decided to walk off and look for Eddie, she was evidently blushing and it delighted Soonkyu to no end. It was a different side of Yuri that she managed to get a glimpse of, with a giggle to herself Soonkyu followed Yuri, and the latter awkwardly walked off as she heard Soonkyu giggling. They continued wandering around the huge garage, passing by workstations where workers were fixing some cars. Everywhere you’d look you’d see men and women busily working at car’s engine, changing a car’s rims, hammering out dents, prepping a car for a coat of paint or other odds and ends. Eddie’s garage was just as busy as any other workplace. Just then two girls finally found Eddie going through some papers on his clipboard.

 

 

“Eddie, you said my bike’s all done right?” Yuri asked.

 

 

“Yeah, like I said, she’s all done. You’ll find that she’ll look and purr like she’s fresh from the showroom.” Eddie boasted.

 

 

Soonkyu was surprised, this time by the muscular black man who spoke fluent Korean. She watched as Yuri and the shop owner started talking about cars and motorcycles. Remembering her purpose for coming to the place, Soonkyu decided to finally speak up and ask something.

 

 

“Uhmm… Mr. Eddie… how about my car… is it done?” Her sudden question earned Yuri and Eddie’s attention.

 

 

“Hold on a sec… Ms. Lee right and your car is a red Honda Civic?” Soonkyu nodded as Eddie went through his clipboard.

 

 

“Yep, your car is done too.” Eddie confirmed that Soonkyu’s car has been overhauled.

 

 

“Thank God! My brother and I really need my car for our trip to Incheon!” Sunny lets out a sigh of relief. For her part, Yuri wondered why Sunny would go to Incheon.

 

 

“Well, let me just ask my workers to bring out your car, okay Ms. Lee? Yul, I’ll also have my workers bring out your bike.”

 

 

“Okay, thanks Mr. Eddie”

 

 

“Thanks, Ed” With a simple nod, Eddie left both Soonkyu and Yuri alone as he had to go out and ask his workers to bring out Yuri’s bike and Soonkyu’s car.

 

 

Curiosity killed the cat as what most would say, but what if that curiosity would somehow save the life of the said cat? Out of sheer curiosity and seeing as how Soonkyu is a reporter, Yuri hoped to pry into the reason behind her trip to Incheon.

 

 

“What’s in Incheon?” Yuri asked, her sudden question surprised Soonkyu who was up until minute ago was looking at what was happening around the shop.

 

 

“Why are you going to Incheon, you’re doing another report Soonkyu?” Yuri asked again, which delighted Soonkyu, she previously thought that Yuri wasn’t paying attention to her.

 

 

“Oh! Uhmm… yeah kind of… Well my brother got a tip from his sources saying that a ship loaded with illegal drugs would be coming in a few nights from now.” Just as Yuri expected Soonkyu was hot on the trail of a shipment of drugs. She was certain that this shipment of drugs belong to Kang and his drug trafficking syndicate.

 

 

 

Yuri and Soonkyu were about to talk some more when Eddie reappeared and told them they could drive their respective vehicles out of the garage.

 

 

 


 

 

“Hey Ed! Thanks for everything!” Yuri excitedly exclaimed as she got on her bike.

 

 

“No problem Yul and do take it easy with your bike okay?” Yuri snickered and nodded, she knew that Eddie and his workers worked real hard on her bike. She wasn’t the type of driver who took it easy, she did always push her bike to the limit, Yuri’s brash and aggressive nature eventually took it’s toll on her bike.

 

 

“Uhmm… Thanks a lot, Mr. Eddie.” Soonkyu gratefully bowed, her politeness made the muscular man chuckle.

 

 

“Don’t sweat it Ms. Lee.” The shop owner casually replied as he watched Soonkyu get inside her car.

 

 

Yuri and Soonkyu drove out of Eddie’s garage in their respective vehicles. They drove down that one way street but soon took different directions as Yuri had to go to the café and Soonkyu had to go and report at the KSB TV station.

 

 

 


 

 

Elsewhere…

 

 

Junhyeon exited Hyoyeon’s room, he has yet again forced himself on the poor woman. As always he left Hyoyeon in tears with wounds and bruises all over her body, he was never the gentle type of person. Just as Junhyeon went through the door, he was greeted by Summer. Her eyes momentarily displayed intense anger as she caught in her ears the muffled sobs and whimpers of her lover. Summer could only grit her teeth and ball her hands into a fist, she wanted to kill him but she can’t… not yet… not while Hyoyeon still had that deathtrap around her wrist. Junhyeon didn’t dare to breathe a word; he had an arrogant smirk as he walked past the obviously flaring Summer.

 

 

Summer was about to enter Hyoyeon’s room when Junhyeon suddenly spoke up.

 

 

“Summer, Mr. Kang asks you and Hyoyeon to see him at his office; he’s expecting both of you there before lunch.” Summer didn’t acknowledge him neither did Junhyeon wait for any reply. He went on his way and headed to the Kang Group Tower where Kang Ho Dong waited for him to arrive.

 

 

Summer entered the room and what greeted her was Hyoyeon, completely underneath the messy white sheets. Her lips were bruised and bleeding as Junhyeon had slapped her around. Her arms started to bruise as Junhyeon roughly held her arms as he violated her. Everywhere that Summer’s eyes laid, she would find a bruise or a scrape on Hyoyeon’s fragile body.

 

 

“Hyoyeon…” Summer’s voice trailed as she inched her way towards her lover, who was hugging her knees.

 

 

“S-Summer…” Hyoyeon briefly looked up, her tears flowed freely as she caught sight of Summer. The latter worriedly looked at her as she made her way towards her.

 

 

“Summer! Summer!” Hyoyeon repeatedly cried as she gingerly got up from the bed.

 

 

Summer welcomed Hyoyeon with a very warm hug, the latter was simply broken and she needed her like a fragile flower needs the radiant sun. Hyoyeon continued to cry in Summer’s arms, the tall girl could barely do anything except let Hyoyeon cry and try to ease the pain by holding her in her arms. Summer could only grit her teeth as she thought of what Junhyeon did to Hyoyeon; in truth today is only one of the several times that she has found Hyoyeon in this similar situation and state. Every single time she cursed herself and wanted to kill Kim Juhyeon but she knew that Junhyeon’s death wouldn’t bring any good for as long as they didn’t have the remote. Hyoyeon and Summer knew very well that there was nothing that they could do until they manage to get their hands on the remote that controls the bracelet on Hyoyeon’s wrist.

 

 

 


 

 

Hyoyeon and Summer drove to the Kang Group Tower, Summer would hold Hyoyeon’s hand as the latter still felt vulnerable and unwell. The KG Tower was but a short drive from the secret facility and not sooner than 20 minutes later, the two of them arrived at their destination.

 

 

“Sir, Dr. Kim Hyoyeon and Summer are here.” Kang Ho Dong’s assistant Jaeseok informed as Hyoyeon and Summer entered the office.

 

 

“Dr. Kim! Summer! please have a seat.” Kang Ho Dong offered, his back turned against them as he was staring outside the huge glass window. He looked into the distant horizon with a glass of whiskey in his hand and was biting down on a cigar.

 

 

“Sir, you sent for us?” Hyoyeon asked as she and Summer sat down on the chair in front of Kang Ho Dong’s glass desk.

 

 

“Yes! I have a mission for you and Summer. Call it a trial by fire so to speak.” Kang Ho Dong’s office stood at the very top of the Kang Group Tower. He gazed one last time at the bustling city surrounding his empire before turning his attention to his guests.

 

 

“What would you have us do, sir?” Summer asked this time. Kang Ho Dong smirked and took a sip of his liquor.

 

 

He proceeded to sit behind his desk and further explain in detail the task which he would give Hyoyeon and Summer.

 


-AnDroGeNie-