Dark Eden 14

Dark Eden

 

 

 

“Sica, you don’t need to go down from here, we’re going to need you to be our eyes on this one.” Taeyeon asked Jessica not to leave the rooftop. She continued preparing her poisoned darts, smoke bombs and 2 blocks of C4 that was enough to blow up anything from a car to a large container truck.

 

 

“Yeah Sica, we can’t afford to run blind on this one, you did get that special scope you’ve been talking about right?” Yuri asked as she double checked her defender pistol before cocking the weapon and putting in back into the holster that was strapped around her left leg.

 

 

“Yeah, I did. But are you sure you don’t need me to do anything else?” Jessica worriedly asked.

 

 

“Yeah, we’re sure, just stay here and be our eyes. You can provide us cover fire if needed but please don’t do anything reckless. I can’t forgive myself and I’m sure Yoona would never forgive me if something bad happens to you.” Yuri grabbed hold of Jessica by the shoulders and hugged her momentarily.

 

 

Jessica could only nod and return Yuri’s hug, Yuri has been Jessica’s best friend for a very long time. Yuri did always protect her and more so after Jessica became a very big part in Yoona’s life. The hug the two best friends shared didn’t last long as they knew that they had to start their mission. Yuri glanced at Taeyeon and saw the latter pulling up her mask that concealed the bridge of her nose, lips and her chin. Taeyeon also pulled up her hoodie and was ready to get down from the rooftop. She was clad in a black shirt, skinny jeans and combat boots and wore body armor underneath her black hoodie. The three of them actually wore body armor and they were all wearing black. Yuri had a long black leather coat that had a tapered waist. She also wore a black skinny jeans and black high heeled boots. Similarly Yuri and Jessica also had masks like Taeyeon’s. Jessica wore a black leather jacket over her body armor, black overalls and black combat boots, Jessica also hid her bright blonde hair by wearing a black cap. Like Yuri and Taeyeon she was covered in black from head to toe.


 

“Check your gear, double check the frequency of your radio and Yuri check your Night vision goggles.” Taeyeon reminded Yuri and Jessica. The three of them their radio’s and set them on the same frequency.

 

 

“Let’s go over the plan before heading out okay?” Jessica quipped as she held her 50 cal. Barrett sniper rifle with a special scope mount.

 

 

“Right” Taeyeon agreed and went over with the two other girls her plan for the mission.

 

 

“I will cut the power and Yuri will cause a diversion and attack them head on. I will slip in unnoticed and plant the explosives to destroy those container trucks. Once the explosives are planted; Yuri and I will have 15 minutes to exit the warehouse.”

 


 

 

Yuri and Jessica agreed and got ready to move out and execute the plan. Jessica found a perfect spot to stalk and snipe. She got on a prone position and aimed her rifle towards the warehouse. She pressed a button on her scope and as she looked through her rifle’s scope, she could see through the warehouse’s walls and everyone inside the warehouse would appear as a distinct red silhouette. Taeyeon and Yuri carefully climbed down the fire exit of the building and carefully sneaked inside the warehouse. The warehouse’s roll up door is still open and Yuri could see inside the dimly lit warehouse.

 

 

“Taengoo… are you in position?” Yuri asked over her earpiece.

 

 

“Affirmative. Standing by and ready to cut the power.” Taeyeon responded. She went behind the back of the warehouse and found the fuse box.

 

 

“On my mark.” Yuri puts on her Night vision goggles and radioed in as she s towards the warehouse door.

 

 

“3

 

 

 2

 

 

 1

 

 

 Go!”

 

 

The lights suddenly went out, the armed men that guarded the warehouse panicked. A commotion went on as some of the armed men were ordered to check the power. Yuri made a surprising entry as she pulled out her pistol and shot 2 unsuspecting men who were standing guard. The sound coming from Yuri’s gun alerted the other guards stationed inside the warehouse. They were directed towards the direction of the noise and some actually saw the flashes of light caused by the muzzle fire of Yuri’s pistol. In their attempt to get rid of an unwanted intruder, some of the guards scattered around the warehouse open fired at Yuri’s direction. A hail of bullets flew towards Yuri’s direction. But the darkness that blanketed inside the warehouse protected Yuri. The guards were firing blind with no obvious target in sight they were simply reacting to flashes of light and noise made by Yuri. Yuri had the advantage, with her Night vision goggles; Yuri who clutched her katana with her other hand quickly killed another guard by slashing him across the stomach.

 

 

“Aaaahhhh!!!!” the poor man let’s out a deathly howl, his voice scared the other guards stiff as some foolishly tried to marshal the other guards.

 

 

“Get your together!” A guard barked as he heard the whimpers and groans of the scared men.

 

 

“Get the ing lights back on!” Another frightened man yelled while clutching his machine gun. His hands trembled as he stared into nothing but the darl abyss.

 

 

As Yuri killed the helpless men inside the warehouse, Taeyeon was on her way to the warehouse’ backdoor. She heard the door suddenly creak open and hid behind a crate. Her black clothes blended seamlessly with the dark back alley. The two unsuspecting men who were on their way to the fuse box didn’t notice Taeyeon’s presence. Taeyeon also wore a pair of Night vision goggles; she stealthily stalked the clueless men. Taeyeon flicked her wrists and a pair of blades quickly slid out from her wrists. As Taeyeon came within striking distance of the two clueless men, she quickly s her blades at the back of their necks. With the two men taken cared of, Taeyeon sneaked inside the warehouse through the backdoor.

 


 

 

“! What’s taking those morons so long? We need some light over here!” There’s mass panic inside the warehouse, men armed to the teeth screamed helplessly as they couldn’t see in the dark.

 

 

“Yul, I’m inside…” Taeyeon informed in a hushed voice.

 

 

“Roger that.” Yuri replied.

 

 

Yuri went on a tear! She killed every single enemy she could find as she shot or slashed men left and right. Bodies quickly littered inside the warehouse, Yuri covered every inch of the warehouse and got the attention of the fear stricken guards. With Yuri’s help, Taeyeon easily made her way towards the two container vans that were filled with illegal drugs. Taeyeon took out her explosives and planted one on each of the vans after setting the timer.

 

 

“Yul, the party favors are now delivered. I’m on my way out now.” Taeyeon headed back to where she came from and easily sneaked out of the building completely unnoticed.

 

 

“Copy that. I’ll hold them in for a couple more minutes.” Yuri replied.

 

 

Yuri continued keeping the guards busy. Just then more guards appeared inside the warehouse. Jessica who has been keeping an eye on things saw everything going on inside the warehouse. Her sniper rifle has been equipped with a special scope that can see through walls, anyone who is alive inside the warehouse became visible through her scope. Those who were inside the warehouse appeared as bright red silhouettes due to their body heat. Jessica could also tell who she’s aiming at, she could clearly distinguish Yuri from the rest of the people inside the warehouse. The walls of the warehouse weren’t thick and there weren’t any rooms that could obstruct the trajectory of Jessica’s bullets if in case she needs to fire a shot.

 

 

“Yul, you better make an exit, more guards are coming your way.” Jessica informed Yuri, from her vantage point she could see what’s going on inside the warehouse.

 

 

“Sica, let ‘em have it! I’m gonna start exiting the warehouse.” Yuri instructed over the radio as she managed to buy herself some time.

 

 

Yuri could tell that she’s attracting more and more attention, though still in darkness; the sound of her gun and the flashes of light that appear every time she fired her pistol led them to her position. Yuri continued taking down every armed men she could kill, however she also noticed that she’s slowly getting pelted by bullets. It was becoming hard for her to get near her enemies. Yuri hid herself and took out enemies with her pistol but every shot she fired led her enemies to her position.

 


 

 

Jessica could see that Yuri’s getting pinned down by enemy fire, she wasted no time and cycled a round inside the chamber of her 50 caliber sniper rifle. The large round packed a punch and would easily punch through the warehouse’ walls and still have enough kinetic energy to melt through the enemies flesh like a hot knife on butter. Jessica locked her crosshair on one of the guards that were firing away at Yuri’s current position.

 

 

Jessica’s finger was on the trigger, as her finger tightened and curled on the trigger, the hammer struck the chambered round and sent the spent 50 cal. Casing falling to the ground with a clanking sound as the projectile zoomed out of Jessica’s rifle. The projectile punched a hole on the warehouse wall the size of a basketball then zoomed straight into a guard’s head. His head popped like a watermelon as the bullet obliterated his skull.

 

 

“Yul, I got your back! Get your out of there, you’ve got 4 minutes to exit the warehouse and get to safety!” Jessica yelled as she took aim at another enemy.

 

 

The enemies grew more scared as they heard the noise of Jessica’s rifle. They were absolutely gripped by fear as they could faintly see their comrade’s head burst like a water balloon. They were scared beyond measure and the headless corpse of their comrade sent some of them cowering away. Jessica wasted no time and fired one shot after the other. Each shot hitting her mark. One of her targets was split in half while the other lost an entire arm as the 50 cal. Bullet found his shoulder. As the enemies panicked and blindly run for cover, Yuri had the opportunity to slip out of the warehouse.

 

 

"Thanks Sica! I owe you one!"

 

Yuri’s exit proved to be right in the nick of time; as she's gone a safe distance away from the warehouse; loud and thundering blasts reverberated within the building. Soon after the dark sky around the warehouse had a distinct shade of red and orange as the warehouse became consumed by a fiery inferno.

 


 

 

Hey hey hey! Here's my update and hope you guys enjoyed the action packed update! ^_^

 

Thanks for taking time to read, subscribe and comment. I really appreciate it! Much love to my readers and subscribers especially to RavingJenny and AdorkableGirl. I might not know you girls on a personal level but you are my muses. Your support inspires me!

 

-AnDroGeNie-