Dark Eden 29

Dark Eden

 

 

Yuri and Jessica were frozen, unable to say anything as Seohyun slowly stepped inside her unnie's room. Thoughts were playing inside of her head, among other things she had questions, plenty of questions that have been unanswered for awhile now.

 

"Unnies please tell me. What's going on?" there was plenty of hurt in Seohyun's eyes which made Yuri and Jessica feel guilty.

 

Slowly but surely the atmosphere in the room became heavy, it was too much for Tiffany, she decided to excuse herself and look for Taeyeon who stormed out earlier.

 

"Uhhmm... Guys I'll just step out and look for TaeTae." Tiffany informed the girls before carefully leaving the room.

 

Tiffany left without even bothering for any response.

 


 

 

"Seo..." Yuri could barely look at her in the eye. How Yuri wished she could escape this moment but she physically couldn't, her weakened state not only made sure to stop her from doing so but also the fact that Soonkyu was snuggling next to her made it almost impossible.

 

 

"Unnies I know you've all been keeping secrets from me. Whenever I ask about Yoona unnie's accident you wouldn't give me a straight answer. Whenever you, Sica and Taengoo unnie suddenly leave and I would ask about it, I barely get any answers from you guys. It's bad enough that I could smell gunpowder or see cuts and scrapes on your bodies but you guys wouldn't even tell me anything. Unnies please, please tell me what's going on!"

 

The usual reserved, collected and mature Kwon is slowly breaking down in front of Yuri and Jessica's eyes. This was something they collectively feared but this wasn't what they feared the most. Yuri and Jessica exchanged knowing looks, they began to debate amongst themselves of what they were about to reveal to Seohyun. They knew this day would come yet they never were prepared to deal with the ramification of what they are about reveal to Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun, please understand it wasn’t our intention to keep secrets from you especially about what happened to Yoona and what me, Sica and Taengoo have been up to. We just didn’t want you to be involved in what we’re doing. Believe me if things were only as simple as what we could’ve hoped for in the first place then we wouldn’t have to keep you in the dark.”

 

“U-unnie? I don’t understand…” Seohyun asked as she still didn’t understand. Her questioning look only told of evident confusion.

 

Yuri sighed loudly and cleared .

 

“Seo, that night when Yoona was run over by that black car, it happened because that car was in a hurry. Before Yoona was rundown, that car came from a nearby apartment building. Those people in that black car killed two families and abducted two people. One of those that got abducted was Taeyeon.” Seohyun didn’t what to think, she couldn’t utter word and her hands were already trembling and slowly clenching into a fist.

 

Seeing how Seohyun had become troubled by what Yuri has so far revealed. Jessica sat down beside the youngest Kwon and gave her the folder containing everything that Seohyun wanted to know. She read the file, her fingers trembling as she flipped through the pages. Tears slowly escaped her sad eyes as she finally came across the identity of the person behind it all.

 

“Unnie… this is a joke right? He can’t be… this means that Yonghwa’s dad…” Seohyun finally broke down as her tears freely cascaded down her cheeks.

 

Seo… I’m sorry.” Yuri could barely say anything, the only thing she could do is cry.

 

The revelation was too much, everything Seohyun learned broke her heart even more. Unable to handle everything, Seohyun left Yuri’s room and ran out of the house in tears, without any purpose or destination in mind. The startling revelation bore down on her and it only saddened her to no end.

 

 


 

 

Soonkyu woke up, to the sound of sobs and whimpers. Slowly she opened her eyes and a teardrop fell unto her cheek but she realized it wasn’t hers. Slowly, Soonkyu looked up beside her and saw Yuri crying with her back against the headboard. Soonkyu became alarmed of the sight in front of her eyes; she carefully sat up and wrapped her arms around Yuri.

 

“Y-Yuri what’s wrong?” Soonkyu asked as she chased away the tears from Yuri’s face.

 

Soonkyu wasn’t greeted with a response only a hug and Yuri’s head nestling against her bosom. Soonkyu glanced around the room and saw Jessica unexplainably perplexed.

 

“S-Sica what happened?”

 

“Seohyun… she just learned about what we do…” Jessica stood up from where she was seated and began walking out of the room.

 

“Sica where are you going?” Soonkyu asked

 

“Seohyun ran out of the house, I’m going to look for her.” Her hands were already on the doorknob, with a twist and a tug Jessica stepped through the door.

 

Before disappearing and closing the door, she glanced back at Soonkyu.

 

“Take care of Yuri while I’m gone.” Jessica said with a grateful smile yet behind that smile Soonkyu could see how she was worried about Seohyun.

 

As soon as the door closed shut, Soonkyu then turned her attention to Yuri who continued to cry inconsolably. It broke her heart seeing this side of Yuri, the typical headstrong and tough Yuri who didn’t seem to smile a lot; was a carefully crafted mask that hid her weak side. One could say that Yuri’s greatest strength and weakness are her younger siblings; Yoona and Seohyun. Soonkyu in part understood her but the thought also saddened her as she is reminded of the sibling she had recently lost. Soonkyu fought back her tears, she had to be strong for Yuri and with that thought in mind, she held Yuri tight and soothingly rubbed her back while whispering that “everything will be alright, so stop crying Yuri ah.”

 

 


 

 

Tiffany looked for Taeyeon; she went to Taeyeon’s room and found it empty. She frowned and immediately left the room and went on to look for the shorter girl. Tiffany checked the living room, kitchen and foyer and still found no sign of her. Slowly growing perplexed and worried about her lover, Tiffany decided to step outside of the house and to her intense surprise she saw Taeyeon sitting at a bench in the garden.

 

“Hey…” Tiffany greeted as she went over to Taeyeon and laid her hands on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“…” Taeyeon said nothing, her shoulders heaving up and down from time to time told Tiffany that she’s still crying and deeply shaken up by what she’s learned.

 

Taeyeon remained quiet, she gave no response to Tiffany and seeing how she simply continued crying, Tiffany joined her on the bench and silently accompanies her until she stopped crying.

 

“You know, I hated myself for killing her…” Taeyeon’s voice pierced the silent atmosphere between her and Tiffany. The latter was surprised and looked at Taeyeon.

 

“At that time I thought maybe there would still be a way for both of us to get out alive but we had no choice… either one of us dies or we both die.” Taeyeon shifts her gaze and looks gloomily at the stars

 

“I thought I killed her… and now this happens… she’s alive and somehow working with Kang Ho Dong. I don’t know if I should be happy that she’s alive or get angry because she’s with the man who had us fighting for our lives.” Tiffany could see the evident despair and helplessness in Taeyeon’s face.

 

It broke her heart seeing Taeyeon like this, Tiffany then hugged Taeyeon fiercely and as their bodies melded into one, Taeyeon pours out all her tears us she desperately hugged Tiffany.

 

 


 

 

Jessica wandered the streets in her yellow BMW Z4, she went around the city and visited one by one Seohyun’s favorite haunts. She went to every single place where Seohyun would usually go to. From the coffee shop right across the University to the Specialty shop that sells Sgt. Keroro merchandise. Every single time Jessica was disappointed, every single time she hoped that Seohyun would be in one of those places but she wasn’t there.

 

Defeated and dejected, Jessica leaned back on the driver seat; she picked up her phone and called someone up.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry to call at this time of the night but I just want to tell you that Seohyun’s runaway from the house.”

 

“W-what?! W-what happened, why did she do that?” The startled and worried voice at the other end of the call responded and bombarded Jessica with questions.

 

“Look, we don’t have time for 21 questions. I called because I couldn’t find her. I know that you know where Seohyun would run to when she’s upset so please, look for her.”

 

“I-I understand… Thanks for telling me Jessica ssi.”

 

“No problem, just find her okay?”

 

Just as the call ended, a call came in, startling Jessica in the process.

 

 

 


 

 

Nobody knew where she went to, nobody except the person who took her to the place where she’s currently at.

 

Seohyun’s tears freely trailed down her cheeks as the strong night wind blew against her face carrying with it some of her tears. She’s now sitting on one of the steel girders that have been stacked together at the top most floor of an abandoned construction site overlooking the city Seoul. This construction site is a few kilometers away from the city and the location where it stood on had enough elevation to offer a good view of city.

 

“I thought I’d find you here…” Seohyun didn’t bother to look for she knew his voice and she knew he’d be the only one to find her.

 

He sighed when Seohyun didn’t seem to fuss or even bother to look at him. He was about sit next to her when she abruptly stood up.

 

“Seo… why are we like this? What’s happening to us? Is this because of who I am?” He desperately asked as he gripped Seohyun’s cold hand.

 

Immediately she wrenched her hand free until her hands slipped through his fingers. His face told of evident defeat as he stared longingly at Seohyun’s back.

 

“I’m sorry if I lied to you Seo, it wasn’t my intention to fool you but I—” Before he could say anything else Seohyun turned to look at him with her tears still streaming down her face.

 

“It’s not about who you are, it’s about what your father has done to my family, Yonghwa.”

 

“M-my father? W-what does he got to do with this?” Yonghwa asked with evident surprise.