Dark Eden 12

Dark Eden

Hello everyone I apologize for the super late update. I went on a trip with my mom, dad and sister, trying to enjoy what's left of our summer. Anyhoot I would have wanted to update sooner but would you believe the resort we stayed in doesn't have wifi or any kind of internet access! Anyway That's all... so here's the update

 

enjoy!


 

 

Taeyeon had an unreadable look on her face as two girls unknown to her sat across from her. Taeyeon felt the bread knife next to her spoon and fork, she placed her hand on the knife's handle and clutched it tight. Some would say she's becoming paranoid but in her case she's only being cautious; after her experience she hardly trusts anyone. The two girls looked at her and they could see that she's scared but at the same time ready to snap. By looking at her eyes; the two girls could tell Taeyeon's been through hell and back again, they could only imagine what she had to endure at the hands of Kang. 

 

 

Taeyeon and the two other girls stare at each other, there is nothing cordial nor friendly between the three of them. There is only tension, Taeyeon for her part felt like a rattlesnake trapped in corner. At any given minute she would strike at any of the two girls if provoked or threatened. The girls stood their ground, unflinching and determined to talk to Taeyeon. The rest of the people that surrounded them were unaware of the tense situation, like the rest of the city only the three of them know of what truly goes on. Only the three of them knew the true colors of the city. For all it's sights and sounds the city of Seoul

 

 

"I'm sorry if we surprised you." said an icy blonde that sat beside a raven haired girl.

 

 

"We overheard your conversation with Ms. Hwang. You might not believe me but we have a score to settle with Kang Ho Dong." Taeyeon didn't know the raven haired girl, but for some reason she could feel that she's serious.

 

 

There's something in the raven haired girl's eyes that told Taeyeon that she's been through her share of pain. Like her this raven haired girl sitting in front of Taeyeon lost a piece of herself. A piece that could never be taken back, lost forever. Taeyeon didn't say anything although she relaxed a little; she eased up and loosened her grip on the bread knife. The look on Taeyeon's face expressed that she was waiting for the raven haired girl to continue talking and that she's more willing to listen.

 

 


 

3 months later…

 

 

 

“Taengoo! Stop flirting with the customers!”

 

 

“For God’s sake! Stop writing your number on their table napkins!”

 

 

“God! Don’t be so uptight! I’m just trying to get some if you know what I mean!” Taeyeon chuckled and naughtily winked at Yuri and Jessica.

 

 

“We know you BYUNTAE!” Yuri and Jessica feigned in disgust at Taeyeon who was trying to hit on the young lady that ordered a cappuccino and a blueberry cheesecake.

 

 

Taeyeon ignored Yuri and Jessica’s icy glares and carried on with her work, just as she was preparing the customer’s order, Seohyun bursts out from the pantry. She was hurriedly running as she slips her arms through the straps of her backpack..

 

 

“I’m late! I’m late! Professor Park is going to kill me!” Seohyun the usual reserved and calm maknae was running around in complete panic as she picked up her research paper.

 

 

“Yah! Kwon Seohyun! Didn’t I tell you that even if late, a lady must never run?” Jessica barked as she placed some food and drinks she was taking along with her to the hospital.

 

 

“Sorry unnie! I’m really late and I hate to get scolded by Professor Park!” Seohyun yelled, this kind of morning madness was normal in the café and the regular customers were used to it.

 

 

“Yeah right Seobaby, you’re just in a hurry to meet that Yonghwa-kid!” Yuri chortled as she prepared another customer’s order of Americano and apple pie.

 

 

“Unnie~!” Seohyun whined with blushing red cheeks.

 

 

“Speaking of the devil, he’s already waiting for you outside Seo!” Yuri spotted Yonghwa who was leaning back on his car.

 

 

Yuri chuckled as Seohyun threw her an I’ll-get-you-later look and hurriedly exited the café. Yuri could only smile as she watched at her youngest sister nervously taking Yonghwa’s hand as the latter helped her get inside his car.

 

 


 

 

“Here you go Jenny and don’t forget our date tonight okay?” Taeyeon winked at the blushing young lady as she handed her order.

 

 

“Here’s my number…” The blushing girl named Jenny slid Taeyeon a piece of paper.

 

 

Taeyeon smiled and watched as the girl headed towards a nearby table with a flushed face and a smile from ear to ear.

 

 

“RavingJenny eh? Looks like I’m getting some tonight! Kekeke” Taeyeon smirked at her thought. Just then another customer came towards Taeyeon as she stood behind the counter with a mischievous smile.

 

 

“Hey stop daydreaming you ByunTae you’ve got another customer” Yuri nudged the dork as she placed the tray containing an Americano and a slice of apple pie.

 


”Yeah yeah… I’m on it~”

 

 

“Welcome to Garden of— wait! Tiffany?!”

 

 


 

 

“Americano and apple pie for AdorkableGirl” Yuri called out the customer, shuffled towards the counter, she couldn’t help but nervously take the tray, the young girl gulped a lump down as Yuri looked at her.

 

 

“Uhmm… t-thanks…” the girl tried to pick the tray but her hands starts to tremble.

 

 

Yuri saw that the girl was having a hard time steadying her shaking hands. Yuri quickly went out of the counter and took the tray from the girl’s trembling hands and carried it to her table. Yuri accompanied the girl as she carried the tray to her table.

 

 

“I’ll carry these for you okay?” the nervous girl could only meekly nod and hide her blushing face.

 

 

“Here you go miss, enjoy!” Yuri smiled and politely bowed after placing the mug of Americano and the apple pie on the table. She walked away leaving the girl blushing madly. The girl was all giddy as she remembered Yuri smiling at her.

 

 

From a table across the café a girl has been staring at Yuri, she’s been frequently coming to the café for the past 3 months. She has been staring at Yuri but has been reluctant to talk to her, and after awhile she began to doubt if Yuri still recognizes her. She was fan-girling for a moment but soon the joy that was on her place was replaced with a pout as she sat back down on her chair.

 

 

“I wonder if you still recognize me Yuwree~” she mumbled to herself.

 

 


 

 

“Yul, Tae, I’ll be going to the hospital okay?”

 

 

“Yeah, take care Sica~!” Yuri chirped as she waved farewell to Jessica.

 

 

“Yeah and say hi to your seobang for me okay?” Taeyeon playfully teased Jessica to which the Ice Princess returned with an icy glare.

 

 

Jessica left for the hospital to visit her seobang; Yoona, not much has changed since the accident. Yoona is still in a coma, though it was hard for Jessica; she remained strong and believed that Yoona will soon wake up. There wasn’t a single day that Jessica failed to spend time with Yoona. Jessica left the café with a bag of food and drinks and a smile on her face as she puts on her sunglasses and entered her car.

 

 

“Seobang~ chu~” Jessica greeted Yoona with a peck on her lips. Jessica placed the food she brought with her on the table and sat at the chair next to Yoona’s bed.

 

 

It’s been three months and Yoona’s condition gradually got better. The doctors observed a significant improvement on Yoona’s condition. They noted that her ghostly pale skin is now more radiant and healthy. Her once brown colored hair returned to it's natural black color as her hair grew longer. Most of the injuries she sustained have now healed, there were no scars or blemishes on her body and most of the broken bones and fractures she go from the accident have started to heal as well. Her overall condition led doctors to believe that Yoona would soon wake up. These observations from Yoona’s doctors brought plenty of hope for her sisters and especially Jessica.

 

 

“Seobang~ mianhe, I won’t be spending the night with you. Yuri, Taeyeon and I are going on our first mission tonight.”

 


 

 

A special cameo appearance for my dear susbscribers RavingJenny and AdorkableGirl thanks for cheering me on with your comments! Really appreciate it!

 

Thanks everyone and don't forget to comment, read and subscribe!

 

-AnDroGeNie-