Friends?

The Girl In The Corner

 

You looked at your reflection in the mirror and smiled, [Smile, Baekim. Today will be a good day... right?] a tear fell out of your eyes and you wiped it, "Why am I crying? I did nothing wrong, right?" you looked at your crying reflection. [Today. You are a pretty girl.. right?] More tears fell out of your eyes.
 
You laughed at your soaked face, "Why are you crying, Lee Baekim? Today you are a happy person." your voice broke down, "You will feel that you are happy and that you've always had good friends that will always stay by your side.... right?" You wiped all of your tears and looked at your reflection again to see if you had red eyes. You laughed loudly, "Why are you over-reacting, Bae?"
 
Last night you had the dream you had when you were 10, right now you are 18.
 
Dream flashback:
 
"Omma, Omma!" you smiled and laughed as you pointed out your first solved puzzle of a bear and tugging your omma's shirt. "I finished it!"
 
Your omma smiled weakly, "That's great, sweetie."
 
A question came to your head and you flattened out the puzzle to make it look better, "Omma? When is my birthday?"
 
"Hmm.." your omma thought, "April 12."
 
"Yay! It's coming up soon! Omma, Omma! I'm almost 6!" You jumped on her lap.
 
Your omma smiled and kissed your temple, "I know sweetie.... I love you. I love you so much." She mumbled as she kissed your temple.
 
"Omma," you squealed, "I'm going to stay with you forever!"
 
Your omma forced a smile, "Yes, darling. Forever."
 
"Forever and ever?" you held out your pinkie.
 
"Forever and ever." she whispered as you both made a pinkie promise. She sniffled and forced a smile again.
 
You giggled into her chest and heard keys jangling at the door.
 
"Appa!" you ran out of your mothers arms and hugged your father as he closed the door behind him.
 
Instead of your appa doing anything, he opened the door again and held your hand, "Sweetie, let's go."
 
"Eodiga?" you questioned as your appa dragged you into the car.
 
Your omma stood there, trying to reach out to you as tears fell on her face.
 
He didn't say anything but kept driving to know where you knew.
 
A few minutes past and you were getting tired. "Appa~?" you whined, rubbing your eyes.
 
"Shut up and don't say a word." You father said coldly.
 
"Mwo?" since you were still young, you couldn't register everything you heard into your brain.
 
Before he spoke again. The car stopped and your appa walked to your side of the car and dragged you out into a field.
 
"Appa, where are we?" you looked around. You turned around and saw the door of the car close and your appa driving in reverse. "Appa!" you yelled and ran for the car. He didn't look back as you tried to run to the car. You stopped in tears and watched the back of the car drive away.
 
"Appa? Don't you love me?"
 
Dram flashback gone:
 
You held your tears as you kept replaying the dream in your head while walking to school.
 
Sehun's car passed around the corner and saw the familiar girl, "Isn't that that orphan ?" he mumbled to himself.
 
"Huh?" What?"
 
Sehun shook his head, "Aniya. It's nothing."
 
"You better."
 
You were waiting for school to start. You sat on a lonely bench reading a book that you never liked.
 
"Hey!" you looked up and saw the three familiar girls sitting next to you.
 
"C'mon! Talk to us. You know. We've thought about it for a while and now we really feel bad for you. Can we be your friend?"
 
"Yeah. Let's be friends."
 
[Friends?] you thought as you looked at their girly smiles. [What's a friend?]