A Real Friend

The Girl In The Corner

 

You pumped your fists as you exited the hospital doors, "Yes! I'm out at last!" you looked around and saw other people looking at you weird, [Whoops. Maybe I said that a bit too loud.]
 
You shrugged and skipped away... back home because it's the weekend.
 
You walked to your little house. Walked? Yeah. Walked. From one half of the town to the other. And you're used to it because... well.. you are an orphan, aren't you?
 
"Oof!" you accidentally bumped into a young man.
 
You knelt down to help the person up, "I-I'm SOOOO sorry, mister!"
 
The young man looked up and smiled at you, "It's okay."
 
The suddenly your heart stopped. You melted by his charming smile and his flawless face. It was love at first sight.... well, almost.
 
"Hello?" he waved his hand to your face.
 
You shook your head and smiled, "Mian." you helped him up and bowed more than you can count, "I'm so sorry. It was an accident-"
 
He chuckled and held your shoulder. You stiffened by the touch, "It's okay, really. And besides, girl's don't hit that hard."
 
Your jaw almost dropped, you faked a laugh, "Hehe, right~" you said slowly, with a hint of sarcasm. "Well," you bowed again, "Sorry. Again. How can I repay you?" you looked at him. Stiffening, again, by his looks.
 
He gave you his infamous smile, "Well.... you can repay me by....." he thought cutely which made you almost giggle, "Showing me where to go."
 
You blinked, "Mwo?"
 
He nodded, "Yeah. I'm new around here." he let out his hand for a shake, "Hi. I'm Luhan." he smiled cutely.
 
You blushed and shook his hand, "H-hi. I shouldn't talk to strangers..."
 
Luhan chuckled, making his doe eyes turn into moon crescents, "We just met a while ago, though."
 
You chuckled and smiled, almost melting him, "I'm Lee Baekim. How may I help you?"
 
----
 
You and Luhan were now friends and started talking to each other. Your first friend. (The three girly musketeers don't count.)
 
"That's so cool!" you glee happily, "We go to the same school."
 
"I know. I have a friend that goes to that school!" Luhan clapped his hands happily.
 
Your frowned slowly, remembering that everyone hates you at school. Yeah, you didn't tell him that you're an orphan and don't have friends. But he asked.
 
"Sooo.... You're a Lee, right?" Luhan asked, looking at you.
 
You nodded, "Yeah, why?"
 
Luhan sighed, "You must have a nice family." he looked forward.
 
You looked at him then looked at the ground, "Ahaha. Thanks." you said slowly.
 
Luhan looked at you then frowned, "What's wrong?...... oh... family issues?"
 
[I can't tell him the truth... not yet.] You looked at him and smiled weakly, "Yeah. I guess." [No. It's that I never had a family for life. Just for four years.]
 
Luhan tilted his head, " 'I guess?' what does that mean? Tch."
 
You shook your head, "It's nothing you should worry about." [I mean.. seriously. You don't need to know anything.]
 
Luhan nodded, started to worry a little.
 
Before he spoke, you spoke before him, "Here we are!" you said, trying to say it happily. "Here's school... where everyone hates me." you mumbled the last part so Luhan couldn't hear.
 
As expected, he didn't hear and already walked ahead with his jaw dropped, "Wah~"
 
You sighed, "Yeah. I know."
 
Luhan turned around to look at you, "Baekim?"
 
You hummed.
 
"Are you rich?"
 
[Random question. Think, Bae, think!] "Uhh. Then why am I at this school?"
 
Luhan smiled, "I know, just joking with you. It's an all rich school."
 
You nodded, [Yeah, I know. T.M.I that I already knew from my so called 'peers'.] "Well... I should get going. My uh.. my OMMA! Yeah omma... uhh... well.. I don't want to worry her so... see you tomorrow?"
 
Luhan smiled, "No need to question that! Psh! C'mon, Baekim.. we're friend for god damn sake. Bye!" he waved.
 
Tears almost ran down your eyes and you quickly left.
 
Luhan smiled and took out his phone and dialed a number.
 
After a few rings, someone picked up, groaning, "Nae?"
 
Luhan frowned, "What happened to my bubble tea boy?"