Pain Killer

The Girl In The Corner

Warning: There may be a lot of big reactions at the end.


“She's really back?” Sehun's eyes widened even bigger from before.

 

Kai sighed, “Yes,” he repeated, “She's back.”

 

“Your ex girlfriend is back!?!?” Sehun stood up from his bed, pacing around the room.

 

Kai looked at Sehun in disbelief, He is so stupid sometimes. “No, Seh-”

 

“I can't believe that you actually dated Jessica.” Sehun groans, ruffling his hair, “She's gonna kill you when she finds out about Areum. Remember the promise you made with Jessica before she left to America?”

 

Kai stammered, “Uh y-yeah. I promised her that I'd wait for her....”

 

“And that means Krystal is back! I can't stand Krystal never leaving me alone!” Sehun growled, stomping around his room.

 

Kai's cell phone suddenly rang. Both Sehun and Kai stopped to look at Kai's phone in his hands. The screen said Jessica. Kai then answered the call with a “hello”.

 

Hi, Jong In! I'm back in Korea. I wanted to stop by and see you but your mom said you went to hang out over at Sehun's place. Are you still there?”

 

Kai looked over at Sehun's confused face, “O-oh yeah I'm still there. Are you on your way now?”

 

Yeah. I'm just about five minutes away. So I'll be there soon. Bye!”

 

“Bye.” Kai answered back before ending the call and looking back at Sehun, “She's coming over.”

 

“What!?” Sehun suddenly outbursts, “She can't! Call her and tell her to go back home!”

 

“She's already on her way,” Kai slumps. Great. I thought he knew that Baekim was back but instead he thinks it's my ex Jessica. Oh well.

 

Sehun nervously rubs his sweaty hands together, “What if she brings Krystal over?” Repeating other multiple Krystal related questions.

 

Instead of watching Sehun freak out over a girl, he decides to tell you what happened.

 

I was trying to give give Sehun a hint that you were back, but he thought it was someone else.

 

You replied:

 

Good. Don't tell him. I want to surprise him some time soon. Oh wait, who's the other person?

 

Kai quickly texts back, The Jungs are back from America.

 

Kai sets down his phone as the doorbell rings, meaning Jessica was already here.

 

“.” Sehun whispered before going out of his room. Kai followed behind.

 

As the door opens, a beautiful Jessica walks in. Her skin fair and creamy, her smile bright and happy, and her walk light and elegant.

 

“Hi! I missed you, Kai! And you too Sehun!” Jessica hugs Kai before hugging Sehun.

 

Sehun smiles, “Its nice to see you again.”

 

Your P.O.V: (I'm going by POV's now. Its easier to understand.)

 

I put a small smile on my face as I read the text Kai sent me.

 

He still remembers me. I told him not to.... what's wrong with you Oh Sehun? Even today, and the past, I keep wondering, why you ever loved me?

 

I lay in the bed hotel as I scan through the photo's of Sehun that Kai sends me on “accident”. Kai is a good friend. He will forever be my best friend. But he knows that I think about Sehun, so he purposely sends me photos of Sehun. Kai sends me texts and pictures of how his summer is and what he thinks about: me.

 

I hate it, I hate how Kai has to make me think about Sehun every night and day, thinking to myself “What would Sehun said if I wore this in front of him?” or “How would he react?”. It ing hurts. Yet I love it. I love it how when I close my eyes I imagine Sehun smiling at me in the most beautiful way.

 

A tear escapes through my right eye; I'm happy. I'm happy that he still remembers me, but I hate it. What is this weird feeling?

 

It's called the first step of love”

 

I remember Kai saying to me through the phone. I still wonder how Kai even got to talk to me, we could only send messages..

 

I leave my phone on the bed as I stand up to walk out into the high balcony. Watching the lights of cars pass by beneath me and the lights of rooms and posts as the dark night starts to roll in.

 

Feeling a cold breeze past through me, I shiver and go back inside, closing the windows and locking it. I get in bed, getting ready to go to sleep. My phone vibrates, there's a message for me.

 

I pick up my phone to receive a message from Kai.

 

Hey~ are you sleeping yet?

 

I smile, “Almost,” I say to myself.

 

No. Why?

 

He replies quickly:

 

I'm in front of the hotel I dropped you off at. You should let me in. I need to talk to you about something.

 

I furrow my eyebrows, “What's wrong now? I thought he was at Sehun's place.” Getting up from the bed, I put on my slippers and go out into the hallway. I get stares from strangers passing by, and some looks from guys that stare at me. Yes, it must be uncommon for a girl coming out only wearing a tank top and shorts on with slipper.

 

I go to the lobby to see Kai waiting for me at the front desk and the front desk lady staring at him deeply, as if Kai had not known that he had also hit her with his love arrows.

 

“Jong In.” I call out his name. He shifts his head from the floor to me and smiles weirdly. Was he drinking?

 

He walks to be in an unusual way, “Hey, Baekim~. How have you been?”

 

“Fine,” I reply, I get even more stares, I don't people to misunderstand me as him being my boyfriend or something.

 

I look at the girl sitting at the front desk, “Can I take my friend to my room?”

 

A hint of hope glitters in her eyes as she hears me call him my friend and she nods with a smile, “Go ahead.”

 

I drag the drunk man up to my hotel room, but Kai stops and stays put in front of my door. There was no one around with us.

 

I open the door, waiting for him to come in, but he shakes his head, “I'm fine. We can talk like this right here.”

 

I sigh, feeling bad for my best friend. Who caused him to be drunk like this? I'd never even seen him drunk, but it sure is weird. And in the inside, he looks y. “What do you want to talk about? Were you drinking?” Another stupid question, of course I know he drank. I can smell it.

 

Kai frowned, looking at the floor, “I went to the club with Jessica and Sehun today a while ago,” Kai looked up at me, a sad smile. I know something happened. “Bae,” his usual nickname for me, he got a bit jealous when I told him that that was the nickname Luhan called me, “I just found out something today.” He bites his lip, holding down his anger and tears.

 

I straighten myself from leaning against the door frame, waiting for his answer, “What happened?”

 

Kai sniffles, “I saw Areum cheating on me, Bae. I saw her with another man on the street when I dropped you off. And when I was at the the club, I saw her there with another man. He looked like a stud too! I never knew,” Kai exhaled loudly, “I never knew how much of a-” he stops. I know he can't say it.

 

“How much of a she is?” I finish for him a while later.

 

Kai glares at me as if I just betrayed him, “Don't say that about her.”

 

“You're my best friend, Kai. And she cheated on you. So of course I can say that.” Just like what all best friends do, right? Tell them each others secrets, but not all. Stick up for them, even though they'll know they'll be the ones in pain instead.

 

“But I love her still.” Kai's fists ball up.

 

“If you saw her with two guys, then of course she's a cheater. A , a . I dunno her so I can't really judge her. But you know one way or another, that you have to let her go.” I explain. I can't bare to see Kai hurt, or cry. I never have.

 

“Then help me, I love her but I hate her. I'm in your position now!” Kai stares straight at me, his watered eyes looking right in my eyes.

 

“Yes, you are in my position now. I don't know how to help you. It's something you need to figure out yourself. And plus, you're drunk so you might end up doing something crazy.”

 

Kai looks at me another time, “I think I know what I can do?”

 

I look at him in hope, “Like what? Break up with her?”

 

“No,” Kai answers as he oddly smirks at me, “I can kiss you.” and before I could react to anything, Kai comes inside and kisses me roughly, but gradually getting more passionate. I'm in shock but I can't move or react; my best friend had just kissed me. But as he slides his warm hands around me neck and waist, I can't help but kiss back. He breaths heavily through the kisses, “You can ease my pain, Baekim. You can.”

 


Author's Note;

So how was it? Sorry for updating just NOW. Man it felt like forever!
I fet bad and wanted to write. So damn! Intense ending!! But just wait until the next update.
Who knows, it might be even better. Mwahahaha!!