Each Other

The Girl In The Corner

 

Light hit Sehun's eyes. Sehun stirred and opened his eyes. He looked around, [I'm back.. at the hospital.]
 
He saw someone with their back turned to him. He lifted himself with his arms and groaned in pain.
 
The person turned around and weakly smiled, "How are you feeling?"
 
Sehun put his head back and sighed before looking again, "What happened to your face?"
 
You looked at your feet.
 
"And why are you wearing hospital clothes?" Sehun questioned.
 
"I-.... It's nothing. There's water on the desk for you."
 
Sehun took the the water, "Your face got paler and skinnier. What happened?"
 
You shook your head, "Your mother ans sister should be coming soon. I heard." you bowed before leaving his room. You closed the door and went to your room next door. You lay in your bed and lifted your sleeve to see your bandaged arm.
 
Flashback:
 
The doctor smiled, "You just had an infection which caused you to go unconscious. We gave you and injection to stop the infection and bandaged the wound so it won't get infected anymore. Just two more weeks and you can tale it off. Take a rest after the medicine." 
 
You looked over and saw the medicine bottle with your name on it. You took the medicine.
 
Before the doctor left the room you stopped him, "Can I ask you something?"
 
The doctor turned around and smiled, "What is it?"
 
You looked at his name tag, "Dr. Siwon, What about Sehun?"
 
"Sehun? Oh, your boyfriend," your eyes widen but you kept quiet, "He has side effects like what I told you before. So he's going through one while he sleeps. We don't know what the effect is but when he wakes up we'll test him."
 
You nodded, "So.. is he going to be okay?"
 
"It depends." Dr. Siwon sighed, "He hasn't woken up yet. But we think when he wakes up he'll be fine first then the effect will start. But he'll have to stay in the hospital for a few days. I'll contact his mom." he left the room.
 
You lay there, not tired from the medicine. You stood up and went out of the room to check on Sehun next door.
 
You closed the door quietly and walked over to his bed. You stared at his face, [Why is he so pretty when sleeping?] your heart beat ran faster without you knowing.
 
The door opened and you turned around to see a nurse. You bowed, "Annyeosayo."
 
The nurse smiled, "Hello. What bring you here?"
 
You looked at her tag, "Mian, Nurse Soo Young."
 
She chuckled, "You worried about your boyfriend."
 
"He's not-"
 
"Can you bring a glass of water?" she asked.
 
"Nae." you left to grab a glass of water and came back and put it on the desk next to him.
 
"I'll be going. When he wakes up his parents will be here." she smiled before leaving.
 
You stood there, feet away from the bed and staring at his chest heaving up and down slowly. Breathing out of his mouth and grinding his teeth make you giggle.
 
You heard him shuffle on the bed so you turned your back to him and closed your eyes. [Keep sleeping. Kep sleeping.] you prayed.
 
Flash back gone:
 
You put your sleeve back down and heard muffled noises next door in Sehun's room. You put your ear to the wall and listened carefully.
 
"Oppa, gwenchana?" Jessica said, worried.
 
Mrs. Oh sighed and stood next to the bed, "I talked the your doctor, you're going to have to stay here for a while until your head is fully healed."
 
"I'm fine." Sehun said. Then he heard high pitched buzzing in his ear. He hit his ears and shook his head. The buzzing went away.
 
[What the was that?] Sehun asked himself.
 
"Sehun? What's wrong?" His mom looked at him worried.
 
Sehun looked up and saw his mom talking to him. "What?" he couldn't hear himself. {What the?]
 
"Sehun?" Jessica looked at him, "Can you hear me?"
 
Sehun looked at them mouthing things he couldn't understand. "I-.." [What am I saying? I can't hear anything.]
 
Sehun saw his mom say something to him before rushing put the room, leaving Jessica.
 
The doctor came in with a few nurses behind and rushing.
 
Dr. Siwon waved his hand at Sehun.
 
Sehun shrugged as he saw the doctor mouthing something to him.
 
Dr. Siwon gave a note pad to Sehun, it said, "Can you hear me?"
 
Sehun wrote back, "I can't hear anything. Not even myself. I can only hear myself in my head. But I can see clearly. Perfect vision"
 
The doctor nodded and talked with Mrs. Oh.
 
Jessica heard as well and looked at Sehun, [This is all her doing.] Jessica got mad. [Where is she?]
 
You took your ear off the wall as you heard everything. [He can't hear. He can see but can't hear.] You put your head in your hands, "It's all my fault."
 
----
 
Everything went quiet. Mrs. Oh and Jessica left the hospital with treats for him.
 
You still were in the hospital. You grew more worried about Sehun. "Aish. I can't take it anymore." you stood up and went to Sehun's room.
 
You closed the door and turned around, regretting it a little.
 
Sehun saw you and waved to you with a smile girls would die for.
 
You melted a little but focused on that he can't hear. You waved back without saying anything. There was a moment of silence. You took the note pad on the table and took it.
 
You wrote something and gave it to him, "I heard what happened."
 
Sehun wrote back, "Yeah. It ."
 
"So now what?" you wrote.
 
"I'm going to stay here for a while."
 
You wrote, "What about the deal. I'm going out today."
 
"Oh.."
 
"It's okay."
 
"Why?"
 
You smiled, "We have each other."
 
Sehun's heart melted a little, "What do you mean 'each other'?"
 
"Since we made the deal, we have each other to trust on a little." you smiled at each other.