Lucky

The Girl In The Corner

AYA! thousands of water bottles being thrown at me like Justin Beiber get hit with one bottle of a million knives. I'm so sorry for the “way too long” update. I am really busy with other stuff “that is only my concern” and really stressed out. I gained like... 5 pounds almost. So please bear with me. But I know that this chapter will cover it up. ;)

 

WARNING!! ALL READERS MUST READ: This is the last chapter and it is very long so you must read it well.

 

 

The very next day:

 

Kai rested his head in his palms and kept staring between Luhan and Sehun.

 

This is crazy. He knows where she lives and likes her a lot with no confession whatsoever. And he doesn't know where she lives and like her a lot and confessed. They both like her. But the thing is.... them two boys are best friends..

 

Kai groaned and rubbed his head, “Too much to think.. this isn't good for my head.”

 

“What's wrong, Jong In?” Luhan, giving his bubble tea to Sehun, asked.

 

“There's too much for me in my head.” Kai put his forehead on the table.

 

“Something bothering you? Did you get rejected by a hot girl again?” Sehun joked.

 

“. No hot girl never rejects me.” Kai mumbled.

 

“Only once though..” Sehun smirked.

 

“Hey,” Kai's head jerked up, “She's y but a who has never had a boyfriend! Of course she would reject me!”

 

“I think a cupid bow hit me just now.” “He was just preparing to kill you.” Sehun mocked.

 

“HAHAHAHA!!! REALLY!?!?! SHE SAID THAT!!!!” Luhan burst out laughing uncontrollably.

 

Kai watched Luhan with fire in his eyes.

 

Kai smirked for revenge, “Hey, Sehun? Did you tell Luhan yet?”

 

Luhan's head jerked up and looked at Sehun, “Tell me what?”

 

Sehun glared at Kai as Kai spoke calmly, “Sehun deeply confessed to a girl.”

 

“Mwo? Really? Who?” Luhan got interested and waited for more.

 

“No one you need to know.” Sehun said calmly.

 

“Well what happened?” Luhan asked.

 

“He confessed and BOOM! Got rejected~!” Kai mocked.

 

“Aw... better luck next time, Sehunnie.” Luhan patted Sehun's back in comfort.

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

Kai went back to the “Milk” store and bought two of them. Why did he buy two of them?

 

**

 

Kai observed the house over ten times... until the door opened.

 

“Oh-... Well hello there, Mister. Are you here for anything?” A nice old lady asked.

 

“Oh uh... I was wondering if-”

 

“Ahjimma does this-...”

 

You and Kai met eyes.

 

- - - -

 

You sighed, “So.. I guess you know where I live now. How?”

 

Kai spoke calmly, “I was wandering the streets and saw you entering your house.” He looked around to see boxes filled with stuff and the walls looking empty, “Are you moving?”

 

“Umm..” You looked around as well, “Something like that. But... keep this a secret.”

 

“I will. When are you moving?”

 

“Tomorrow morning.”

 

Kai pulled out his two milk drinks and handed one to you, “Have it.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It's for you.”

 

“O-oh..” you blushed, “No like you has ever offered me a drink before.. I can't even imagine you handing me a filled water bottle when I'm dying of thirst.”

 

Kai sighed, “Oh..”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“No it's fine.” Kai hesitated, “Hey uh... now that I think of it..” Kai fiddled with his fingers, “Do you want to be my friend?”

 

“Wh-what?”

 

“Never mind.. forget I said that-”

 

“Sure. Although I can never imagine you becoming friends with a broke, ugly, orphan.”

 

“Hey, don't say that! You may think that I'm all bossy and cocky and whatever bad I am but really... I'm really nice and warm hearted.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“You're not ugly, you may be broke but you've got a strong heart, even as an orphan.” Kai confessed.

 

“If I'm not ugly then what am I?” You raised a brow.

 

“Well,” Kai starts blushing, “Actually when I first saw you it was like love at first sight. But now I don't like you so don't take it serious!”

 

You stood there, staring at him before bursting out laughing, “Really!? You are so weird. Hahahaha!”

 

“That's not funny! That's serious!”

 

“Wait just a second! I need to repeat what you said. You liked me before!?!? Bwahahaha!”

 

“I heard Sehun confess to you.”

 

You stopped laughing and faced Kai, “What?”

 

“I was there... in the Library. And I saw you two.”

 

You groaned, “I was suppose to forget that memory but you're making it come back.”

 

“You'll never forget it. I never forgot my first kiss.” Kai smirked.

 

You blushed as you thought back of your first kiss with Sehun.

 

“You must be either hot or cold because your red all over.” Kai smirked, again.

 

“H-huh? Oh. Well.... I didn't expect it!” You hit Kai with a nearby pillow, “I didn't know what was gonna happen because my heart was beating so fast!”

 

“So you like him?” Kai caught you red-handed.

 

“N-no I don't.”

 

“I know you do. I knew it beforehand.”

 

Kai walked into the practice room and saw you sleeping there, “Oh? What is she doing here alone?”

 

He walked up to you and his heart started pounding a bit, “Yah, Oprhan--... Baekim?”

 

You groaned in your sleep, “Just a while longer Sehun, I'm too tired.”

 

You better move. I gotta practice.” Kai said impatiently.

 

Then you started giggling, “Sehun-ah. You're cute. I think I like you.”

 

“What!? I sleep talk!?” You hollered.

 

“I dunno. Since you live alone how are you even suppose to know. All you said that he was cute and that you liked him.” Kai shrugged.

 

You smirked, “Did I hurt your heart?”

 

Kai glared at you, “No.”

 

“Sure. Sure. Whatevah.” You mocked.

 

* * * * * * *

 

“Sup, Kai! Oh did you hear that the orphan- left? Is she scared or something?” Baekhyun sneered.

 

Kai quietly glared at Baekhyun for calling his friend a , “No. She had no money to pay for her school intuition. That's why she left.”

 

“Of course. She's broke.” Baekhyun sneered again. “But wait- how do you know? There's rumors going around saying that she's going to marry an American in America.”

 

“You really believe in those ?” Kai scoffed.

 

Don't believe in every rumor you hear. Usually the rumors spreaders are all of the jokesters, people who think they are cool, popular people, and bullies.”

 

“Kinda.” Baek shrugged. “Except for the one rumor where I was gay with Chanyeol and was sleeping around with Lee Sooman. I mean- are you ing kidding me!?!? I'm not gay! I don't sleep with old men!”

 

Kai laughed, “But it's really funny. Just imagine you and Sooman... but wait- who tops?”

 

Baek hit Kai, “Kai! No! Just don't!”

 

Kai rubbed the spot where Baekhyun hit, “Jeez, kid. I was just joking. But seriously.. whenever you're bored.. you should think of that once a while.”

 

“Hey, I'm gonna go to class now.” Baek started walking away.

 

“Hey,” Baek turned around to look at Kai, “Don't believe in every rumor you hear.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Sure.” (sorry. Baekhyuns name is too long to spell to I call him Baek)

 

Kai took out his phone and saw that he received a text from you:

 

Hey, I was walking outside and saw one of your puppies.

 

Kai's eyes widened and furiously typed:

 

What happened to my babies!?!?!

 

You replied:

 

Calm down! I was just trying to say that one of your poodles look like a puppy I saw while passing by. The owner was like “Areum, Areum. Come here, girl.” I think Areum is a beautiful name. Kai find a girl that has the name of Areum. Then that's when I won't call you a player anymore. ;P

 

Kai growled and texted back:

 

I will! Just so you won't have to keep calling me “Kkamjong-player”

 

“Hey!” Sehun peeked over but Kai put his phone away in an instant. “What you doing? Texting someone?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“A girl?

 

“....yep.”

 

“You got a girlfriend now?” Sehun's eyes widen a bit.

 

“Yep. I have a “girl” friend now.”

 

Sehun chuckled lowly, “Wow. You seem pretty happy.”

 

“I am. Unlike you.”

 

Sehun's smile faded, “Yeah.”

 

“Hey I gotta go to class now!” Kai starts running off, “Hey! Go and find a girl that has the name of “Areum”! Thanks!”

 

Sehun cocked his head to the side, “But I thought he had a girlfriend.”

 

* * * *

 

“Hey, Luhan? Waiting for your ride?” Sehun asked as he looked around to see Luhan's car not there.

 

“No. I'm gonna go to Myungdong to take pictures. Wanna join?” Luhan said cheerfully.

 

“Sure. I can take you there if you-”

 

“Let's just walk! Kaja!” Luhan grabbed Sehun's arm and walked off.

 

“B-but my driver is waiting for me.” Sehun pointed.

 

“Call him later!”

 

 

“Wah! It's so pretty. I must take this.” Luhan set his camera ready and a click was heard.

 

“Are you just gonna take everything you think is pretty?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yep. That's what I always do.”

 

“Then what if you only had to take one beautiful picture, what would you take?” Sehun asked.

 

BOOM! Thunder rolled in and it starts pouring buckets of rain.

 

“! Why is the rain like this?” Sehun looks at his already soaking wet uniform. They both run to a nearby alley to find a place to stay after they pass the alley.

 

“I would take a picture of Baekim!” Luhan yelled as runs across the alley. He turns back around to see Sehun standing there with his head down, “Sehun?” Luhan walks up to Sehun.

 

Sehun looks up at Luhan, “Why?”

 

“Because she's beautiful. She makes me smile. She's beautiful in my eyes.”

 

Thwack! Luhan goes tumbling down on the cold, wet ground.

 

Sehun's fist balls up even harder, “No! She's only beautiful in my eyes!”

 

Luhan stands up and throws a punch to Sehun's face, “You can't take her away from me!”

 

Sehun scoffs and throws another punch to Luhan, “I can! You can't stop me!”

 

Another punch. “Don't touch her!”

 

“No you don't touch her!” Sehun screamed.

 

Luhan throws an uppercut to Sehun. Sehun coughs and throws a punch to Luhan's right cheek.

 

“She's mine!

 

“No she's mine!”

 

“I already confessed to her!”

 

“......what-”

 

“I told her I loved her! I told her she had me! But in the end.. she left me!” Sehun threw Luhan against the wall and pulled on the collar of his shirt, “Why!? Why did she leave me!? Was it because she loves you instead?!”

 

Luhan hung his head low and stayed quiet.

 

“Tell me! DID SHE!?” Sehun threw another punch to Luhan.

 

This time Luhan pulled on Sehun's collar and pushed him against the wall.

 

Sehun groaned in pain.

 

“How am I suppose to know!? I like her but I don't know if she likes me!”

 

“Well I like her too!”

 

Sehun and Luhan stood there. The only sound was the rain pattering hard on everything and the heavy breaths of Luhan and Sehun.

 

“Go.”

 

“.........What?”

 

Luhan let go of Sehun's collar and backed away, “Go and get her.”

 

Sehun couldn't believe it. Luhan is just gonna let go of her like this. But he was just getting started. Sehun doesn't even know if you like him back and yet he is given a chance to find out.

 

“What are you still doing here!? Go!” Luhan yelled.

 

Sehun jumped from his thoughts and left out of the alley and started running. He would've called his driver but his phone would've already been dead from the water.

 

“Wait, Sehun!” Sehun turned around to see Luhan running to him, “Across from me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“She lives across from me. That's why I moved there.” Luhan said, out of breath.

 

“Thanks.” Sehun and Luhan hugged before taking off again. Sehun's heart races impatiently.

 

Finally... will this be my lucky day?