Coincidence?

Pursuit of Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven.

Coincidence?

The night had gone by and it was the next morning. Jonghyun was nervously waiting for Jessica outside her house, for their 'hang out'. Jonghyun had never hung out with just one girl, except his sister. Things felt different when Jessica was in his prescence, he felt like he needed to impress and satisfy her. Jessica had finally opened up her door with a big smile on her face. "Hey Jonghyun!" She greeted, awkwardly giving him a light hug. Jonghyun secretly blushed but managed to somehow hide it. "Hey. Are you ready to go?" He asked. Jessica nodded as she already started walking towards Jonghyun's car. Jonghyun stared at Jessica's outfit. She was wearing a simple floral dress with a plain white cardigan, but she seemed to pull that outfit off very well. He wanted to tell her that she looked beautiful, but then things might get awkward between the two, so he decided not to comment on her outfit. 
"So where are we going?" Jessica asked, as she buckled in her seatbelt. "Well.. Its nothing amazing but you'll see." He replied with a smile. The car drove away to a place Jessica had never seen in her life, she looked around, there were many kids on the playground and just running around a beautiful atmosphere. Jonghyun parked the car in front of a small park, that was surrounded by beautiful flower trees making a straight path. "We're here." Jonghyun announced and they both got out of the car. "Ive never been here before.. Its so beautiful." Jessica gasped. "Yuri and I used to come here when we were little kids, its more of a place I go by myself, when I have bad days. But Im sharing it with you now. You should be honoured, you're the first person to see this place." Jonghyun chuckled. "I am honoured." She smiled and started walking. "These blossoms are so beautiful." She whispered, picking one up. "You're more beautiful." Jonghyun accidently blurted out. "Pardon?" "Nothing." He said, realising that he had just said that without knowing. "Oh my god there's a lake!" Jessica yelled like a little kid. "And a cafe, which we're going to go in." He pointed out. Jessica had a huge smile on her face. "This is actually so amazing! I love places like this!" She exclaimed. Jonghyun let out a small laugh. "Well what are you waiting for? Lets go in." 


Onew and Taeyeon were shopping, actually Taeyeon was shopping and Onew was following her. "So why exactly do you need to buy a dress Taengoo?" Onew asked, trying not to make it sound like a complaint. "Because of my mum's birthday dinner! Oh and, she wants you to come." Taeyeon said. "Me?" Onew confirmed. "Yes you silly!" She laughed and walked inside a shop. "Why me?" He asked, following her. "Because you are my best friend and my parents know you well...?" She answered back. "Then I should buy some clothes too!" Onew exclaimed. "Since it looks like its going to be all formal." He muttered. "Yeah, we're going to a really expensive restaurant so you better look good! But you dont need to spend your money for it." She said. "Well, Im going to. I work anyways." He spoke. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and gave up protesting. 
A long hour of searching Taeyeon picked out a beautiful dress that she actually liked and went in the change rooms to try it on. Onew was waiting outside, in a bored state, playing games on his phone. "Onew are you ready?" Taeyeon asked. "Yeah come out." He responded, putting his phone away. Taeyeon stepped out of the change room with a nervous smile. Onew's heart started beating faster and faster as his eyes were directly looking at Taeyeon. She looked perfect. Her blonde hair was flowing down to her shoulders and the purple dress fit her perfectly, not too short but not too long. "You look gorgeous." Onew smiled, without knowing. Taeyeon felt herself blush but her make up was covering it up. "So do you reckon I should buy this?" She asked. Onew nodded.


"Yuri~~" Key barged into her house, calling her name loudly. "Oh hey oppa." Yuri greeted. "Do you wanna hang out today?" He asked. "Onew hyung is with Taeyeon noona, as usual.. Jonghyuns on his... 'date' Taemin's busy catching up with his assignments. What are you up to today?" He questioned. "Well I was planning to do something on my own.. But you could come if you want" Yuri murmured. "What were you going to do?" Key asked. "I was going to visit mum's grave." She replied. Key froze, not knowing what to say. "Without Jonghyun? You cant drive though and its so far away.." He said. "I was going to catch a bus." She answered back. "Well.. I could take you there if you want. Like, accompany you I mean." He offered. "That would be very generous of you oppa." She smiled. Key understood how Yuri wanted to visit her mother so much. He knew the story, since he was so close to the siblings.
Yuri and Jonghyun's mother had passed away from a heart disease when they were young. Just as soon as Jonghyun turned eigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter