Yuri's past.

Pursuit of Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter four

Yuri's past.

Yuri had changed over the past few years. She was a bright, cheerful person before but now she was more quiet and shy. One incident had changed her, Jonghyun blamed himself but Yuri never did.
 A couple years back Yuri had a boyfriend, who she loved a lot. They were a cute couple, he was the sweetest boy and the nicest but that all got ruined after that one night.
It was dark, around 8pm. Yuri was walking home by herself after her small part-time job. She had asked Jonghyun to wait outside the house because she hated walking in the dark. She had one more street to walk to and she would be home. But this wasn’t an ordinary street that had houses surrounding by the sides. It was a tiny little street with garbage dumps, sometimes it would be filled with drunk people. Yuri took a deep breath and started walking through, until she was stopped by someone, who happened to be her boyfriend. She didn’t know that he was drunk, so she greeted him cheerfully; but he didn’t. He was with a friend, and as soon as he had started speaking, Yuri knew that he was drunk. He always told her that he hated alcohol and couldn’t drink it, but obviously that was a lie. She was threatened to follow him but she refused.  She was threatened again, saying that he would force on her and she got extremely scared. Yuri refused again and tried to walk to her own way, but her drunk boyfriend stopped her, by telling her that he was currently cheating on her; that she was ugly and only used her. It broke and tore her heart into pieces, she thought he was perfect for him. Yuri held her tears back and slapped his face, but he got angry at her and started abusing her.
Meanwhile Jonghyun, who was worried walked up to the small street saw Yuri getting abused. He immediately made them ran away but Yuri was already brokenhearted and hurt.


After that memory Jonghyun would always take girls home at night if they were alone.
“So why were you with Jessica Jung?” Yuri questioned her brother. “We’re friends now. She’s actually nice to be around.” Jonghyun explained. “Oh, that’s nice.” She murmured. “Did Key take you home?” He asked back. “Yeah, by the way do you have Sooyoung’s number? Key needs it apparently.” She said. “I swear he has a thing for her. But no, I don’t have her number, funny.. I should have all the girls at our schools numbers.” He murmured.


The week had gone by quickly and it was already Friday. Onew and Taeyeon walked in the school together as they were greeted by Luna, who was a junior, Taemin’s age. She was a cute dongsaeng to both Onew and Taeyeon but sometimes she was very clingy. “Hey oppa! Hey unnie!” Luna said, grabbing onto their arms. “Hey Luna.” Onew greeted with a tired voice which made Taeyeon giggle. Before Luna could start another conversation, the bell for the first class had rung and Taeyeon was already heading to her maths class. “Onew oppa could you take me to my first class? I don’t know where it is.” Luna said cutely. Onew sighed and stared at Luna. “Fine, what class do you have…” Onew asked roughly, snatching her timetable off her hands. Onew loved Luna as a cute dongsaeng like Taemin, but she got very, very annoying at times. She would sit with him and his group, always causing Jonghyun to frown. Today, Onew was planning to skip his first lesson so he decided to take newbie Luna to her first lesson.

Once he sent her off, he headed to the rooftop for fresh air. He needed some thinking time, about his studies, family, friends, work… Taeyeon. He had realised that he was too deeply in love with her and couldn’t help but smile whenever he saw her. She made him smile even if he was in the worst mood. Her presence was very addicting and strange when she wasn’t with him. He climbed sets of stairs and opened the door to the rooftop, where he found Jonghyun—who had obviously skipped his lesson, again.
Onew restlessly sat down next to him, scar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter