Graduation (final chapter)

Pursuit of Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirtyfour (final chapter)

Graduation.

Two weeks had passed after the prom, school was finished one week ago and exam finals for the seniors were held the week after. Jessica, Onew and Taeyeon were extremely busy studying for their huge exams that was going to be a big part of their future. During exams week, the three students did not see anyone from the group except themselves and their siblings. It had been a huge week for them and today, was their graduation. 

The last time he talked to Jessica was a week ago, just before her exam week started. He thought he was being a distraction to her so he decided not to contact her, but it was driving him crazy. Jonghyun and Yuri were sitting on the dining table, having their breakfast. "So we're going tonight right?" Yuri asked. "Exams week has finished right.. Then why isnt she calling me Yul? Maybe she's sick? Or just catching up on some sleep? Or having some sister time with baby Jung?" Jonghyun muttered. "Yes we are going tonight Yuri. Would have been a nice answer." Yuri murmured. "Sorry what were you saying?" Jonghyun finally paid attention. Yuri sighed. "She will call you dont worry, she's probably.. I dont know. Anyway, we're going to their graduation tonight yeah? Which means that you'll see her!" She said excitedly. "Yeah but thats tonight, tonight is in like 7 hours.." Jonghyun spoke with disappointment. "Oh my god oppa seriousl---" The sound of the doorbell interrupted their conversation. "I'll go and get it." Yuri stood up and walked towards the door. Jonghyun continued eating his breakfast, assuming that it was a post delivery or something. 
Yuri gasped when she saw the person standing at their door, it was Jessica. She looked quite different from usual, her hair became a darker brown and it was beautifully curled. She wore a pair of leggings with an oversized jumper. "Hey Yuri." She greeted with a smile on her face. "Its about time! How was your exam?" Yuri questioned as she gave Jessica a hug. "It was.. alright I guess.." Jessica murmured. "Anyway was I interrupting something? Is Jonghyun home?" She asked. "He's been dying, like literally dying." Yuri whispered. "Go ahead, he's having breakfast." Jessica giggled. "Thanks." She patted Yuri's shoulder and walked in the house. Jonghyun was playing with his food, because he wasn't hungry at all. "Yah!" He suddenly heard a girly voice, a very familar voice. "Yul, now Im hearing Jessica's voice.." Jonghyun muttered with a frown and looked up, expecting Yuri but instead it was Jessica. Jonghyun dropped his fork and he stood up immediately. Jessica smiled, it had been a week since they contacted eachother, it had been 2 weeks since they actually saw eachother. Jessica ran across the room and jumped of Jonghyun, causing it hard for him to breathe. "I missed you so much." She whispered as she jumped off his embrace. "Come on come on!" Jonghyun said and leaded her into his room. "Yuri we're just going to be in my room!" He shouted. 
Jonghyun and Jessica sat on his bed and faced eachother. "How were the exams? Was it hard? Do you think I'll fail next year? You look so tired,  have you had enough sleep? I called Krystal like 300 times and asked about you I didnt want to be distracting.. God I missed you so much did you miss me? And and... Why are you wearing my jumper, I've been looking for that for ages!" Jonghyun spoke. Jessica laughed. "So many questions.. Okay, well.. yes I'm wearing your jumper" She replied. "Why? Do you need more clothes? I should take you shopping! Or I could have lent you the best quality jumper I have.." Jonghyun murmured. Jessica laughed again. "No I stole it from you the day after prom. I've been wearing it at home like every day and no you dont need to take me shopping I have heaps of clothes!" She exclaimed. "Then why are you wearing my jumper? Like not that it looks bad, you look amazing by the way did you dye your hair?" "Yes I did wow you noticed! But.. this is embarassing to say but um.. I wore your jumper because it smells like you." She giggled. "You're so adorable." Jonghyun smiled and hugged her tightly. "You dont understand how much I missed you!" "Its only been 2 weeks Jjong!" Jonghyun broke off the hug. "2 weeks is like 200 years!" He frowned. "Well I missed you too." She said and abruptly kissed his lips lightly. "By the way, are you coming tonight? To my graduation?" She questioned. "Of course I am." Jonghyun replied and kissed her back, they were interrupted by Yuri opening the door. "Oh sorry!" She yelled. Jonghyun and Jessica awkwardly broke apart and watched Yuri. "Yes Yuri?" Jonghyun asked. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm going over to Minho's." She said. "Okay have fun I'll pick you up later." Yuri nodded and farewelled Jessica. 


Yuri had never seen her brother look so happy, it made her smile. His happiness was her happiness. She smiled without knowing while she was driving over to her boyfriend's. Minho and Yuri had gotten even more closer after prom, they were more natural with skinship-- which she actually enjoyed. Eventually she parked her car in front of his house. She walked  up to the door and pressed on the doorbell. She knew that it was open, they always left it open but barging in wasn't respectful. 
Minho and Sooyoung were eating their breakfast on the couch while watching TV. "This is the funny part." Minho said. The two cousins both started giggling until the doorbell rung. "Go open the door." Minho said. "No you go open the door." Sooyoung spoke back. "Sooyoung you're closer." "I made you breakfast today." Sooyoung pointed out. Minho took a deep sigh. "Fine.." He murmured and walked up to the door. The door swung open and he saw Yuri, looking beautiful as always. "Hey." She said with a small grin. "Well this is a surprise! Sorry I look like a homeless person right now..." He murmured, staring at his pyjamas. Yuri giggled. "You still look hot with bed hair. Can I come in?" She asked. Minho nodded. "Oh hey Yuri!" Sooyoung said casually. "Do you want some food?" Minho kindly asked. "No thanks." She replied. "Well do you wanna go into my room?" He suggested. "No lets stay here. Sooyoung seems to be amused with what she's watching." Yuri spoke. "Its so funny! come sit here." Minho patted a spot next to him on the couch. Yuri sat down as Minho naturally put his arm around her shoulders. 


"Hey Jonghyun did I tell you that my parents are here from America?" Jessica asked casually. "WHAT" Jonghyun yelled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter