the beginning.

Pursuit of Happiness.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one.

Note: This entire story is not in anyones Point Of View.

the beginning.

“Im so tired.” Jonghyun complained as he slammed his lunch on a table in the school cafeteria. “Its only the first day Jonghyun.” Kibum, who liked to be called Key reminded Jonghyun with a diva tone as he mumbled on his sandwich.  It was the first day of their second semester, they were only just half way through finishing another year of school. “It’s the first day and Ive already received an assignment for every subject Ive had so far. What is this? Hell?” Jonghyun questioned everyone on the table, but they all ignored him, except his little sister Yuri—she always cared about him, listened to his problems and complaints, then supported him with kind words. He did the same when Yuri wasn’t in a very good mood. He was the only person who could make her smile brightly when she was sad. They were the perfect siblings. “Its okay Jjong, you’ll be fine. I’ll help you!” Yuri smiled at Jonghyun, who was still very grumpy. “You’ll help me? God Yuri you’re a lifesaver, this is why you’re the best sister ever!” Jonghyun said with a sigh of relief. Yuri just stared at him and let out a small giggle.

Jonghyun hated school, he hated homework and assignments, he only went because he had no other choice and plus, Yuri would get mad at him if he didn’t go. But most of the time he skipped classes with Onew, who was one of his best friends.
 Jonghyun knew, as soon as Yuri told him that she would help him, she would end up doing all the work and he would treat her a nice meal in return, this happened all the time. He smirked and took a bite of his lunch and watched all the girls in the cafeteria staring at him. He never dated them, he just liked them clinging around him, it made him feel superior.

“Guys did you hear the shocking news?” Key asked everyone on the table, and they all listened up. “What shocking news?” Taeyeon asked curiously. “Jessica Jung broke up with Lee Donghae in the holidays.” He announced. “Yeah of course we knew, its all around school. And you do realise that me and Onew are really close to Jessica right..” Taeyeon spoke. “Yeah its been spreading around school really quickly.” Yuri said. “Isn’t Lee Donghae like, really popular or something?” Taemin questioned. Taemin had only just started senior school. Their school had a junior and a senior school and Taemin had finally grown up and moved onto the senior part of his high school life and he was still getting used to the new atmosphere. “Yeah he’s like the most popular guy in the school.” Key roughly explained. Jonghyun silently placed his sandwich back onto his tray and stared at Key. “What?” Key asked, rolling his eyes. “How come I wasn’t notified on this?” Jonghyun asked furiously. He had no idea that the famous Lee Donghae and his girlfriend Jessica Jung had broken up and he was usually one of the first people to receive gossip so he was shocked. “Maybe you were concentrating too much on your classes Jjong.” Onew joked and everyone laughed. “This isn’t funny, explain everything about this.” Jonghyun said seriously. “Jessica Jung dumped him during the holidays but nobody knows why. Taeyeon noona do you know anything?” Key asked. “No she didn’t tell me.” She replied. “Has Donghae told anyone? Or that Jessica girl?” Jonghyun spoke. “No, none of them have said anything about it.” Yuri replied.  

The conversation on this topic had ended just like that.

But Jonghyun of course, couldn’t end it like that. He wanted to know why they had broken up. And he wanted to be the first person to know the truth behind the breakup and so he decided to make a plan, get closer to Jessica Jung because he knew that Lee Donghae wouldn’t tell him. Jonghyun grabbed his sandwich and started eating again, thinking of a plan.

“Here have this Taeng.” Onew said as he fed Taeyeon a cookie. Yuri, Key and Taemin looked at the two with a disgusted look on their faces. “Can you two just URGH.” Key said the last word very loudly and leaned his head on the table. “What he means is that you guys just need to date already.” Yuri corrected. “Its just feeding, we’re bestfriends. This is what we do Yul.” Onew said cooly. She rolled her eyes and looked opposite the table. She watched Jonghyun, sitting there munching on his sandwich not listening to what anyone was saying. Yuri knew it, and so she spoke up. “Jonghyun.” “What..” Jonghyun murmured. “It’s the first day. You will not cause any trouble.” She said firmly. “Yuri Im not gonna do anything! I promise!” He said. Yuri sighed and nodded.


The bell had rung and everyone in the cafeteria was rushing to go to their next lesson, especially Key; who liked getting a good seat in class.

Key had arrived in the classroom to see Choi Sooyoung, already sitting in his usual seat. He gritted his teeth and glared at her, then built up the confidence to walk up to her. “That’s my seat.” He said. “There is no my seat your seat here.” Sooyoung replied without looking at him. “Fine then.” Key frowned and sat down right next to her and started getting his books out. Sooyoung stared at him angrily while Key ignored her. “Um, excuse me?!” She spoke up. “What.” Key asked. “There are heaps of other seats over there, why are you sitting here?!” She questioned. “Because its my seat.” He replied. “Oh my god.” She spoke quietly. “Well, this is my seat too so Im not moving.” “Fine.” Key said, facing the teacher as class started to begin.


Yuri, luckily had a free period but it was by herself. So she decided to go out to the oval and start some assignments on the stands. As she entered her eyes immediately made its way to the boys playing soccer. It had already been 5 minutes since the bell rang and most of the boys were already sweating. She sat on the 3rd row of the stand and watched the view. Yuri loved sports as well, it was an entertaining hobby, it made her feel better and relieve stress. She got her books out of her bag and started writing up a plan for her assignment.
5 minutes had passed and she was already distracted by the sound of the coach’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter