Daehyun (Again hehe)

ONE SHOT REQUESTS [CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You tossed your bag onto the floor and plopped onto the chair.

"Hi, oppa. How are you feeling today?"

Daehyun looked up from his book and gave you a weak smile. "Same ol', same ol'. How was your classes?"

You let out a deep sigh as you told him about that day's happenings. Missing the bus, failing a pop quiz, having to run 10 laps around the gym just because one student talked back to the teacher, and being partnered up with a really annoying girl who hated you. "The only good thing is that I'm here with you know," you cheekily smiled.

Daehyun chuckled and reached over to ruffle your hair. "Aigoo. My little baby had such a hard day today. If only I could have been there with you," he sighed.

You moved your chair closer to the bed and slipped your hand into his. "Don't worry oppa. Even you couldn't have stopped that pop quiz from coming." You quickly pecked him on the lips and back into your chair. "Besides, there's no used crying over spilled milk right? You should just focus on getting better so that you can come back to college."

He let out a hopeless sigh and gently rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb. "~~~, you know that I'm not-"

"Stop it."

"~~~, listen to me. Stop giving yourself false hope. I'm never going to get out of this hospital-"

"STOP!" you yelled. You pulled your hand away and covered your face as you let your tears flow freely. "Just stop it. You.. You're going to get better. You're coming back to college with me. You can't just a-abandon me like that, oppa," you sobbed.

Daehyun's heart twisted in pain, seeing the hardships she was going through, just because he got stupid cancer. Despite the pain he felt, he pushed himself upright and turned around to face you. He gently pulled you into his embrace and whispered into you ear.

"Shh... Don't cry. I'm sorry. I won't say that ever again. So please don't cry okay?"

You nodded and risked a small sniffle. You pulled away and looked into his eyes. "Promise?"

"Promise," he said. A gentle smile lit your face and you snuggled up next to him in the bed. "Oppa," you called.

"Hmm?"

"Do you really think that you're gonna.. that you're gonna.."

"I don't know. Maybe. It's been 2 years already.. And I only started getting treated half an year ago. We can only hope that I'm wrong," he solemnly said.

You tightened your grip around his waist, until he grunted in pain. *I'm not gonna let you die oppa. I need you.*

-----------

Just like you've been doing ever since Daehyun was admitted into the hospital, you visited everyday after school, until late into the night.

But just like the day he was admitted into the hospital, he's been getting worse. He could barely move anymore.

You were trying to do your math homework but was constantly distracted by the beeping of the heart monitor and Daehyun's heavy breathing. Finally, you put your pencil down and walked over to him, gently slipping your hand into his. "Do you need anything oppa?"

Please log in to read the full chapter