Zico

ONE SHOT REQUESTS [CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Oppa! Are you free today?" Seokmi asked excitedly over the phone. 

"Um. Sorry babe. My schedule's kinda tight. Hey, I gotta go. I'll call you later, okay? Love you."

Seokmi frowned, and ended the call with a small 'I love you, too.' She let out a soft sigh as she stared at her phone screen, then decided to try her luck with Taeil. After the third ring, he promptly picked up.

"Oppa, are you doing anything today?" she asked tentatively.

"Yeah... Oppa's a bit busy today. Why? Is something up?"

"No... Just wondering. Well, I wouldn't want to bother you. Bye oppa." She dejectedly hung up and plopped down on her bed. For the past few days she hadn't been able to spend anytime with them at all. After school they would immediately run off somewhere, leaving her to go home by herself.

Especially Zico. Usually he would always stick to her like glue, making sure that she was happy and safe. He was supposed to be her boyfriend but it seemed as if he was avoiding her like the plague. He would be all fidgety whenever they were together, and he couldn't look her in the eyes.

She curled up into a ball and held tightly onto her phone. She just hoped that she wouldn't have to be alone tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Unnie, unnie, unnie! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" Seokmi groaned and as she reluctantly opened her eyes. Her little sister Seokyoung donned a bright smile on her face as she continued to jump around on her bed. 

"Leave me alone, Seokyung," she grumbled as she tried to push her away.

"Unnniieee!!! You have to wake up! Mommy and daddy bought a cake for you! I want to eat it right now!!" she yelled. Seokmi pulled her covers over her head, hoping that Seokyung would just leave her alone... but of course she wouldn't. "Up, up, up! UNNIE!!!" she shrieked.

Fed up with her whining, Seokmi shot up and glared at her sister. "I'm up, okay? Are you happy?"

She giggled innocently and gave Seokmi a tight hug around the waist. "Happy birthday unnie." A small smile graced Seokmi's lips as her heart warmed at her sister's sweet words. Seokyung pulled away and dragged her sister out of bed and down the stairs into their kitchen.

"Mommy! I brought Seokmi unnie! Let's eat the cake please!" she begged. Her mother stopped what she was doing to give her oldest daughter a big hug. 

"Happy 17th birthday sweetheart! Are you doing anything with Jiho today?" her mother asked, a suspicious smile on her face.

Seokmi fiddled with her thumbs as she looked down onto the floor. "Not that I know of.. He hasn't called or anything." Her mother gently patted her head and gave her a light kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sure he'll come around. Now let's eat breakfast. I'm sure you're hungry." Before Seokyung could say anything, she wagged her finger at her and said, "Cake come's later."

 

"Did Zico oppa get you anything unnie?" Seokyung asked. Seokmi frowned and shook her head as she checked her phone for the thousandth time that day. "Why not?? Isn't he supposed to be your boyfriend?" Seokmi sighed, not in the mood to answer. "Maybe he doesn't like you anymore, unnie," Seokyung blurted.

Seokmi froze as she played with the idea. Did Zico really not like her anymore? If he didn't, then everything falls into place. How he was always 'busy', cutting their phone calls short

Please log in to read the full chapter