The Awkwardness Over Dinner

You Were The Only One, My Only One.

" Thanks for sending me home. Wanna come in?" I asked Daehyun.

" Naw, don't want to bother you. Go in then." He said smiling. Suddenly the door flung open even before I can open it.

" CHOI MINHYUN! WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? STAYING OUT FOR SO LONG WITHOUT EVEN A PHONE CALL! I'M WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!" Omma shouted at me without noticing Daehyun was standing behind me. I can hear that guy trying to muffle out his laugh.

" I was... I.." Oh no.. How am I suppose to explain?

" Annyeonghasseyo Mrs Choi. I'm Jung Daehyun. Minhyun's classmate." Phew! Daehyun to the rescue!

" Oh I didn't you're there. How nice of you to bring Minhyun home. Come in, come in." Omma said.

" It's okay Mrs Choi. I don't want to bother you having your dinner." Daehyun said.

" Omma! Who's that?" I can hear Joon oppa's voice, shouting from the kitchen.

" It's Minhyun's classmate." Omma replied.

" Classmate? Why don' tyou invite her in and have dinner with us?" Joon oppa asked.

" Yes, yes, come have dinner with us." Omma said.

" Well, if you insist." Daehyun said and went inside the house. Leaving me standing outside, still figuring what just happened. I snap out of it and went inside,

" Oh, I thought it was a girl. Anyway, nice to meet you. I'm Minhyun's oppa, Joon." Offering a handshake.

" And I'm Yunho." Said Yunho oppa, offering a handshake too.

" Nice to meet you, I'm Jung Daehyun." Daehyun said and shook their hands.

" Oh I see we have a guest. Who's this?" Appa asked as he sat down by the dining table.

" Good evening Mr Choi, I'm Minhyun's classmate, Jung Daehyun." Daehyun said, standing up.

" Ah classmate. Sit down sit down." Appa said. "So, Daehyun, tell us about yourself." 

Oh no... If appa knew about Daehyun....

" Well I just transferred here today. And everyone I've met seemed so friendly."

" So, how's Minhyun in class?" Why must appa ask about this?

" Even though I've just been here for a day, but I can see that Minhyun is very hardworking. If I haven't pulled her out of the library just now, she'll probably still be at the library now, studying." Daehyun said, gave my leg a kick under the table and gave me a wink.

Oh my... He just lied... Gosh...

" Well if she wants to be sucessful she'll have to work harder and pass the entrance exams for the "International Youth" competition." Appa said.

" Appa, we've talked about this, don't push Minhyun too much." Yunho oppa said.

" Don't you worry Mr Choi, I'm sure Minhyun is capable of doing wonders that we won't even know!" Daehyun said, smiling.

I smiled back. Thanks Daehyun.


" Wonderful dinner Mrs Choi. The kimchi was the best! Here let me help you with the dishes." Daehyun said.

" Omo. You don't have to, I'll ask Minhyun to do it." Omma said. " Plus, you're our guest."

" No worries. Just let Minhyun help me a little and I'll be fine." He said.

" If you really want to. Minhyun ah, help him okay? Don't let him do everything." Omma said walking out from the kitchen.

" You're really going to wash it?" I looked at Daehyun.

" Yup! Why don't you help me with the soap?" 

" Nope you do it yourself. You're the one who said you want to do it!" 

" Oh come on. Help please?" He said and playfully splashed some water on me.

" Oh no you didn't!" 

The two of us continue to play with water until Yunho oppa went in the kitchen and told us off. We're both giggling when he went back outside.

We spent an hour just by doing the dishes and playing with water. We're both soaking wet that we have to stand under the ceiling fan to let it dry off.

" Daehyun ah..."

" Hmm?"

" Being with you is so fun! Thanks for today!"