Debut

You Were The Only One, My Only One.

Japan was fun, but nothing could be more fun than being back at home.

“Ah never thought I’ll say this but I missed the practice room.” Minhyun said while flopping onto the couch in the practice room.

“You’ll regret you ever said this unnie.”

“Whatever.”

“Girls, the company had made their decision; you are debuting in three months.” Their manager came into the practice room and said.

The six of them immediately shot up and went to their manager.

“Are you serious?” Minhyun asked.

“Yeah. See, here’s the schedule that was already planned. The songs demo had been recorded, the dance are already done, all you guys need to do now is to learn the new song and dance, film the teasers and music video and you’ll be ready to debut.”

“Three months is too short! We need more time!”   Bora said and started to panic.

Everyone was excited about debuting in three months’ time, practicing time was getting longer and meals were always skipped by those six girls.

“Whoa, you guys look like zombies.” Youngjae said while entering the practice room one afternoon.

“Chill out you all. Don’t stress yourself so much.” Himchan added.

“Where’s your leader?” Daehyun asked, glancing around.

“Toilet.” Chaeri said, her eyes not able to open now, she was falling asleep slowly.

 The B.A.P members looked at the girls that are falling asleep one by one. They are worried about their hobaes and they think that if they keep this up, they might get sick sooner or later.

“Hey guys, I have an idea.” Himchan said, gathering the other 5 members around.

“What is it?” Yongguk asked.

“Let’s go discuss in the meeting room.” Himchan replied and they walked to the meeting room.

“What’s your idea hyung?” Zelo asked, constantly blinking his eye.

“Junhong stop that.” Daehyun said and slapped his thigh.

“Oww!”

“Shhh quiet you two. See here’s my plan. We ask the six of them out to the cinema, but we don’t really go because we might get caught by either the paparazzi or fans.”

“Your point is?” Youngjae looked at Himchan with a blank expression.

“My point is, we decorate the practice room like it’s the movie theater. Then we ask them out.” Himchan said.

“Huh?” Everyone thought that Himchan was going crazy.

According to Himchan’s plan, they’ll ask the six girls out for a movie, saying that they’ll be going out to the theater. But in reality, they’ll just decorate the practice room to make it look like it is the theater, with popcorns and tickets. Then they’ll use a projector to show the movie on the black screen they got back in the dorm.

“So, want to go out tonight? Go catch a movie?” Daehyun asked Minhyun.

“We don’t have time Daehyun ah. Besides, I don’t think our manager would agree.”

“Come on, we should hang out before you guys debut, we won’t have the chance anymore after you debut.” Daehyun said while pouting.

“Fine… But manager…”

“Everything will be settled.” Daehyun said and smiled.

After the girls went back to their dorm, the B.A.P members started to carry on with their plan. The moved the couch to the middle of the practice room and place a table in front of it. Yongguk went and download his favorite war movies and Zelo and Jongup went to get some popcorn. Youngjae and Daehyun went to make some ‘tickets’ for the movie and Himchan just nags at them.

They said to meet at the company’s front door at midnight to catch the midnight show. The six of them hid behind the building and waited for the other six. They saw them arrived, wearing all black with caps begin waving like maniacs to attract their attention.

Himchan and Zelo walked into the company’s front door, waving their hands, asking the others to follow them.

“What are they doing?” Hanbi asked.

The others just shrugged and pulled them inside the building.

“Aren’t we going to the cinema?” Minhyun asked.

“We are in the cinema.” Daehyun replied.

“We are in the company.” Hyojin said.

“Shhh, let’s just go check what movie are they playing.” Youngjae said and lead the way.

They have already put up a few ‘posters’ of what it seems like the movies that are showing now. They even put up a board showing the show times.

“Which one shall we watch?” Zelo asked.

Daehyun gave him a smack at the back of his head. “You babo, we only have one movie.”

“I’ll go get our tickets.” Himchan said and the six confused girls looked at him as if he was crazy.

“And I’ll go get popcorn.” Jongup said.

They even made up a booth and make their manager stand inside there, giving out tickets and popcorn. The six girls looked at each other, wondering what had happened to the guys.

“Did they become like this because of the stress?” Hyojin asked.

“Beats me. Maybe they really are aliens, so they’re doing stuff like these.” Hanbi replied.

The even have Mnager Kang to stand outside the practice room holding a puncher to punch a hole at their so called ‘ticket’. The girls are still quite confused when they saw the practice room decorated like a cinema. Youngjae went and turn off the lights, while Yongguk put on the movie.

“What are you guys up to?” Minhyun asked when Daehyun sat down beside her.

“Well, we see that you guys are a little stressed out because of your debut, so we decided to help you guys relax. We wanted to go to a real cinema but we think that it might be a little impossible to go out so we did this.”

“Huh, you guys are quite creative you know.” Minhyun said and gave him a poke.

“It was all my idea!” Himchan said and chuckled.

“Shhh!” Yongguk and Youngjae shush him.

“Gee fine.”

Minhyun leaned her head on Daehyun’s shoulders and grabbed his hand.

“Thank you.” She said.


The day has come. Everyone was walking around in a fast pace, doing some last checkups for everything to be fine. The stage crew is making sure everything on stage works, the hall crew was making sure that the sound can be heard at every corner of the stadium.

In the waiting room there are 12 people that are feeling excited and just couldn’t stay in one place. One will constantly go to the bathroom to wash his face, the other would keep paing up and down the room. Some were already exhausted over the excitement and were sleeping while some were just staring into blank.

“Another 5 more hours. Chill.” Daehyun said and gave Minhyun a nudge.

“Yeah…”

“10 more minutes to rehearsal.” Someone from the door shouted.

“See you when I get back.” Minhyun said, getting off the chair.

“It’s just rehearsal. Save some spirit for the showcase okay?”

She turned and smiled.

The rehearsal went smooth and everything that was needed to be adjusted was done. 5 hours just passed like that and it’s time for the showcase.

The girls were having their hair and make-up done, outfits were already placed in the dressing room and everything needs to be quick.

“Hurry up unnie!” Chaeri said.

“Okay okay.”

The microphones were attached and the last sound check was done. They were ready in their position and everything started.

“Did you see the number of people out there? This is unbelievable!” Bora said while they were changing their outfits.

“So this is how it felt like, to have fans cheering for you.” Hanbi said.

“I’m fine. It’s just a performance, everything will be fine.” They heard someone mumbling at the side.

“Hyojin, you okay?” Minhyun asked.

“I’m fine. Having a little mental breakdown but yeah, everything’s fine.” She said.

 The others smiled at her statement.

“This is the just the beginning of our journey.” Minhyun said.

“Yeah…”

“Let’s do a hwaiting shall we?” Bora asked.

“1,2,3 hwaiting!”


“What are you doing here?” Daehyun asked Minhyun who is still standing on the stage.

The showcase ended and everyone has gone back. The stadium is now empty, the only persons there are Daehyun and Minhyun on the stage.

“Trying hard to remember every single moment on stage.” She said.

“You’ll have more stages later on.” Daehyun said, walking around the stage. “This is the exact same stage as B.A.P’s showcase.”

“Really?”

“Yeah… Hey, wanna go grab something to eat?” Daehyun asked.

“It’s 12am in the morning. Besides, where can we go?”

“I know just the place.” Daehyun said and dragged Minhyun to the waiting room to change out of her performance outfit.

He then drags her out to a roadside stall near the Hangang River and sat down. The stall sells tteokbokki and Daehyun seems to know the owner.

“Ahjumma! I’m here again!” He said.

“Aigoo… And you bought your girlfriend!” She said happily. Minhyun smiled.

“Just give me two servings of your delicious tteokbokki!” Daehyun said.

“Why did you drag me here?” Minhyun asked.

“No reason.” Daehyun said and begin tapping on the table with his fingers.

“No reason?” She asked again.

“Yeah. I just want to celebrate with you.” He said.

“There’s something right? Something you want to tell me?” She asked.

“Babo, you really did forget huh.” He asked.

“What? What?”

“It’s our two years anniversary. How could you forget?” Daehyun said and pouted.

Minhyun gave her forehead a tight slap and apologized to Daehyun.

“I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! I forgot about it aish! I’ll make it up to you.” She said.

“There you’ve said it, no turning back when I ask for cheesecake.” He said.

“Here’s your tteokbokki and since it’s your anniversary, here, ahjumma will give you a bottle of free soju.” Ahjumma said, placing the soju on the table.

“Thank you ahjumma!” Daehyun said and begin eating.

“Daehyun ah, thank you.” Minhyun said suddenly.

“Thank you?”

“For always being by my side.” She said and smiled.

“I will always be by your side because you are mine, my only one.”