Kim Hyunyoon

You Were The Only One, My Only One.

 

Daehyun’s Point Of View

“Hey, finally you’re awake.” I heard Yongguk hyung’s voice when I opened my eyes.

“Hyung?”

“Yah, are you feeling alright?” Himchan hyung asked.

“I’m fine… Where’s Minhyun? How is she?” I asked, suddenly remembered why am I here.

“She’s fine now. She’s just resting.” Manager hyung said.

“Wah… Uri Daehyunnie just saved his girlfriend.” Youngjae teased.

“Bwo yah…”

“Can we come in?” L asked, knocking the door.

“Hey you guys…” I said, the whole bunch of them come rushing in.

“You’re alright huh.” Kris said.

“Of course! I’m a man!” I said.

“Kids, we need to go for schedule now, Daehyun ah, you rest now until you’re strong enough to do your schedules.” Manager hyung said.

“Arasso, bye hyung.”

“Feeling alright?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah, just a little tired, that’s all… How’s Minhyun? Have you guys seen her yet?”

“Not yet, her family is in there, so we think that it’s the best to let them see her first.”

“Hey you guys.” It was Joon hyung.

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” I asked, sitting up.

“Well, first, thanks Daehyun… For saving my sister.”

“That’s nothing… I just need to.” I said.

“And umm… I have something to tell you guys…”

“What? What is it?” Hyunki asked.

“Well… According to the doctor, Minhyun had a concussion and now she’s in a coma.”

“Coma?”

“Yes, and we’re not sure when can she wake up. If we’re lucky, maybe tomorrow, maybe months, if we’re not, then it’ll be years… Or never…” Joon hyung said.

We kept quiet. No one felt like saying something.

“We must have faith okay? She will wake up, Minhyun is so stubborn, she can’t stay still for long right, guys?” Kris said.

“Yeah, the Minhyun we knew is strong and stubborn. She’ll be alright.” Hanjung said.

“Daehyun?” L called my name.

“Daehyun, are you alright?” Joon hyung started shaking me.

“Can I go see her now?” I asked.

“Come on, let’s go.” Joon hyung said and helped me get out of bed.

“Omma, appa, Daehyun is here.” Minho hyung said.

“Daehyun, come, sit down.” Minhyun’s dad said.

“Thank you Mr. Choi, but I’m fine. You should sit.”

“I insist you sit down.” He said. And I just sat down.

I stared at her; she looks like she is just sleeping peacefully.

“Let’s go out first omma, you haven’t eaten since last night.” Yunho hyung said.

“Yeah, let’s go out too… Give Daehyun his time with Minhyun.” Kris said to the others.

“We’re leaving… You want anything to eat or drink?” Baekhyun asked. I shook my head.

Everyone went out, and there was just me and Minhyun. There was a complete silent, except for the beeping of the machines.

“Minhyun? Wake up please….” I said but there was no answer.

“You promise to stay with me, you can’t leave me.”

I looked at her, she’s not responding. I sighed, I could have protected her, and I could have blocked her and got hit myself… It’s all my fault, I’m sorry Minhyun.


Two months have already passed, Minhyun is still lying in the hospital and I’m feeling so blank without her sitting beside me, nagging at me asking me to do my homework. Teaching me English, sharing lunch boxes…

“Daehyun, why the sad face?” Kris asked.

“I miss Minhyun.” I said.

“Didn’t you visit her yesterday?” L asked.

“Yeah, I did. But what I meant was I miss having her in class.” I said.

“Yeah… Me too.” Hyunki said.

“Should we go and visit her together after school?” Hanjung asked.

“I have schedule.” L said.

“Tomorrow? It’s Saturday tomorrow.” I asked.

“Okay, I’m free tomorrow. You guys?”

“We’re fine. Just be a bit later, we need to practice.” Kris said.

“We’ll meet at the hospital at 3 pm okay?”

“Okay.”

“Daehyun, there’s someone that wanted to meet you.” One of my classmates said.

“Who would want to meet you?” L asked.

“I don’t know… Another fangirl?” I said. I went outside and saw Kim Hyunyoon standing outside.

“Umm… May I help you?” I asked.

“Daehyun ssi… I have something to tell you.” She keep looking at the floor… Is there gold there?

“What? And umm… My eyes are up here Hyunyoon ssi.” I said.

“Daehyun ssi… I like you! I have been your fangirl since you first debut!” She said.

I looked at her as if she was crazy. Almost the whole school knows that I and Minhyun are dating but they just kept quiet. This girl here, doesn’t know that?

“You probably didn’t know this but I’m seeing someone else already.” I said, trying to be polite.

“I know! You’re seeing Minhyun aren’t you? But I believe that I could be a better girlfriend that she is!” She said.

This girl here is uncontrollable. I tried to shake her off but she kept on talking and talking non-stop.

“Give me a chance Daehyun ssi. I know now you like Minhyun but you can still give me a chance. II won’t tell her or anyone else… Please?” She said.

“Yah Kim Hyunyoon! Please just leave our Daehyun alone!” I heard Hanjung saying.

“That’s right! Uri Daehyun is Minhyun’s and forever will be with her.” Hyunki said.

Minhyun’s best friends are really the best. Maybe that’s why they became best friends, the way they talk are the same, the way they shout at people are also the same, just that Minhyun is gentler and Hanjung is more, well… Violent.

“Daehyun, let’s go back in, there’s no need to talk to her.” Hanjung said, pulling me back into the class.

“Daehyun ssi!” I just gave her a weak smile.

“Who’s that that wanted to see you?” L asked.

“Just Kim Hyunyoon.”

“What does she want?” Kris asked.

“Well, she wants Daehyun to cheat on Minhyun.” Hyunki said.

“With?” L asked.

“With her!”  Hanjung replied.

“What? She wants our Daehyun to cheat on Minhyun with her? That’s impossible!” Baekhyun said.

“You guys are the best. No wonder we’re best friends.” I said.

“And yeah, why do you two hate her so much?” Baekhyun asked Hanjung.

“Well, it’s a long story.” Hyunki said.

“Well? Do we need popcorn?” Kris joked and the both of them laughed.

“What so funny?” I asked.

“Well, you see… She almost made me, Hyunki and Minhyun became enemies.” Hanjung said. “She back stabbed us; she spread rumors about us and still trying to become the school’s most famous girl.”

“Well, she almost succeeds, but Minhyun was smart enough to make us realize what she was doing. And we turned our back at Hyunyoon when we get to know what kind of person she is.” Hyunki added.

“And she used to have these braces, which were kinda useless because her teeth are still sticking out.” Hanjung said and we all laughed.

“You guys are so mean!” L said while laughing.

“Well she started it!” Hyunki said.

I laughed so hard that I felt that I’m going to have a six-pack. This is the first time I have laughed so hard ever since Minhyun’s accident. I hope she would hurry up and wake up, I miss her very much…