Graduation

You Were The Only One, My Only One.

I sit down at my place. This is the spot that I have been for the past few years. We have been using this class since I transferred here. After 3 years sitting at this place, I’m finally graduating. I glanced at the table next to mine. It has been empty for the first two years as I don’t want anyone to sit there. I was the nerdy transfer student. I wouldn’t even talk even if you asked me a question; I would just nod or shake my head.

 But I still have my two friends with me, Hanjung and Hyunki.  I have known Hanjung since elementary school and Hyunki since middle school. They are the ones that accepted the facts that I am very weird. They made me felt happier at school by telling me silly jokes and stick to me like glue. But, back then, I was too anti-social to even talk, I would only talk to Hanjung and Hyunki  so there’s just the three of us.

But everything changes after this person came into my life. That’s right, that person is Jung Daehyun. He talks so much and keeps on asking questions. Oh yeah, not forgetting L, Kris and Baekhyun too. Those 4 people just made me go crazy with all their talking and questions. I smiled to myself and sighed loudly.

“Hey, so here you are! Everybody is waiting for you at the hall.” I heard someone said.

“Ah, Daehyun…” I turned and saw him leaning at the door.

“What are you thinking about? You sure sighed loudly.” He said and sat down at his place.

“Nah, just thinking of some stuff.” I said.

“What stuff? Mind to tell me?” He said.

“Yes, I mind.” I said and smiled.

“Come on.”

“I was just thinking of all the times we used to have fun at school and now we’re graduating.”  I said.

“I was always wondering, how did you become friends with Hanjung and Hyunki? You guys’ styles are totally different.” He said.

“But our personalities are almost the same.” I said.

“True… But still… Tell me the story.” He said.

“Well… It all started at elementary school, I was having a hard time at my school. All the kids there just won’t talk to me. All, except this kid, Hanjung.” I said.

“How? What did she do?”

“Well, she came up to me and said ‘You’re weird. But I like you! Can we be friends?’ to me. And I just stared at her, thinking she must be nuts to talk to me.” I said.

“Were you really that weird in elementary school?” He asked.

“I don’t know, maybe?” I said.

“Well, I did not say yes or no to her but she just stuck to me like super glue. We had lunch together, go for P.E together and sometimes when she forgets her homework, I would always do it for her.” I said.

“What? You did her homework?” He asked.

“She’s my friend. Plus, I write stuff very fast.” I said.

“Ah…”

“Anyway, she changed to another school when we’re in middle school. And I was alone again. I was sad and angry at first; I thought how could she abandon me like that and I became the quiet person again. Until I met Hyunki, she too was a very weird person like me. She was seated next to me in class as she was a transfer student and only the place next to me is empty. I don’t talk to her at first but she keep on talking and talking and I gave in. I started talking to her and found out that we are pretty much in common.” I said.

“Ah… That explains why the two of you are so weird at times.” Daehyun smiled.

“The two of us came to this high school and I found out that Hanjung is studying here too. I was so happy that time and when it’s time to see the placing of classes, the three of us are together. I introduced Hyunki to Hanjung and we became the best friends.”

“But why is this place empty when I first came here?” Daehyun asked, patting his table.

“Because I told them to leave it empty. You know, I was that kind of person that wanted some personal space. Then you came. Gawd, you’re so noisy!” I said and poke his waist.

“Hey! But I’ve made you become someone that talks a lot!” He said.

“True… So I said, talking virus can spread.” I said and we both laughed.

“Minhyun, past, the nerdy weird girl. Present, Jung Daehyun’s girlfriend and the next Asia’s idol.” He said.

“Shut up!” I said and gave him a punch.

“What? You’re blushing!” He said.

“I am not!” I said and he started teasing me more and more.

“What are the two of you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the hall?” It’s the discipline teacher.

“Ah… We’re sorry!” The both of us said and stood up. We walk past the teacher with a funny face, trying to hold in our laughter and burst out laughing after we pass the teacher.

“Aishh… Kids these days… Dating at such young age.” We heard the discipline teacher said to himself.

“Aishh, kids these days... Dating at such young age.” Daehyun said and imitated the teacher’s voice.

“Stop it you!” I said and we laughed louder.

“Where have the two of you been? The ceremony is about to start!” Kris said as soon as we enter the hall.

“Kris, you shouldn’t ask!” Baekhyun said and gave him a nudge.

“Oh… right…”

“What? We did nothing of what you guys are thinking now!” I said.

“You sure? You’re blushing now you know.” L said.

“Shh! It’s starting already!” Hyunki said and the all of us sat down at the same row.

“Today, is the day that you shall be graduating from this school.” The principle said.

“No Sherlock.” Daehyun said.

“I’m so curious yeah!” Baekhyun started singing softly.
(Lyrics of SHINee’s Sherlock)

“Shh!” I said and smiled.

“When is this going to end? I’m falling asleep…” Hanjung said.

“Here, have this.” Baekhyun said and gave her a sweet.

“I want one too…” Daehyun said.

“Oops… That was the last one.” Baekhyun said.

“Jeez Baekkie…” Daehyun said and poke him.

“Yah Jung Daehyun… Shh…” I said and kick his leg.

“And now, giving out the awards.” The principle said.

“Awards? What kind of awards?” Kris asked.

I shrug.

“The best female student is…. Choi Minhyun. She is our top scorer at every single exam!”

The hell? I didn’t even do anything! But I sure saw someone with a sour expression sitting in her chair.

“And now, for her to give a speech.” What? I am not prepared!

“Umm… I want to thank the school for giving me this award as the best female student. And uhh…” I looked at Daehyun.

He just gave me smile and waved to me. I look at my other friends; they too were smiling at me.

“And I want to thank my friends, especially Hanjung, Hyunki, L, Kris, Baekhyun and Daehyun… They are the ones that had helped me on my journey as a high school student. Not forgetting all the teachers and my other classmates. And lastly, to my family. Without them, I won’t be here.” I said. “And uhh… Thank you..?”

Everyone applauded and I can see my friends smiled happily, especially Daehyun.

“Thank you Miss Choi, now for our best male student…”

“Hey you… You’re the best.” Daehyun said as I went back to my seat.

“Yeah… Thank us by treating us lunch!” L said.

“You guys!”

“Did you guys see Kim Hyunyoon’s expression? It was priceless!” Hanjung said.

“I saw! I should have taken a picture!” Kris said and we laughed.

“Give it up for Jung Daehyun!” The principle said.

“What?” We were shocked.

“Go Daehyun!” Someone said.

“What for?” Daehyun asked.

“You got the Special Achievement Awards!” The guy behind said.

“What? What award is that?” I asked.

“Just go up!” L said and gave him a push.

The six of us laughed when we saw Daehyun going up the stage awkwardly. This is not the Daehyun of B.A.P we always see on stage that is full of charisma. This is just Jung Daehyun, a normal high school student. Girls started shouting when Daehyun go up the stage.

“Daehyun! You’re so cool!” Some girls shouted.

“Daehyun! You’re so handsome!” Others would shout.

“Yah, Jung Daehyun!” Is what the six of us would shout.