Birthdays

You Were The Only One, My Only One.

"So how’s practice going?" Kris asked me.

"Not bad, just that dancing for 4 hours straight sure is killing." I said.

"Yeah, I totally understand you." Baekhyun said.

"Minhyun ah, if you really succeed, don't forget us arraso? You must bring us back stage every time!" Hyunki said.

"Arraso!" I said and laughed.

"So, tomorrow is Daehyun's birthday, are you guys planning anything?" L asked.

"I don't know, speaking of Daehyun where’s that guy?" Kris asked.

"He's shooting a CF, so he won't be coming to school." I said.

"Ah... Lucky guy!" Hanjung said.

"Why don't we throw a surprise party for him?" Baekhyun said.

"Yeah! Great idea! Where and when?" I asked.

"Maybe we should all go to his company and celebrate there?" L asked.

"Can we?" Hyunki asked and looked at me.

"Don't ask me... Ask their CEO." I said.

"You know their CEO." Everyone said.

"Fine! I'll call him now." I said and called the CEO. He agreed to have a surprise party for Daehyun tomorrow and we're allowed to use the practice room. We planned everything and we bought the stuff we need after school. Luckily tomorrow is Saturday, we could decorate the practice room, and only Daehyun's sunbaes, manager and members knew about our plan.

"But noona, what if Daehyun hyung accidentally went inside?" Zelo whispered to me.

"That's you guys' job. Keep Jung Daehyun out of the practice room tomorrow. Bring him out somewhere, anywhere, and bring him back at 7pm." I said to Youngjae.

"Okay! No problem." Youngjae said.

"Hey are you guys talking about me behind my back?" Daehyun suddenly appeared.

"Yeah, yeah we are." We said with a sarcasm tone to make him believe we're not.

"Fine..." He said and sat down beside me.

"Chagi, do you know what day is tomorrow?" He asked and looked at me.

"Tomorrow? Wait, let me think. Ah! Tomorrow is Saturday and I need to go see Minho oppa!" I lied.

"Oh... I see..." He seemed disappointed

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing..." He answered. And I winked to the others…

“Hyung, tomorrow let’s go out.” Zelo said to Yongguk oppa.

“Where to?” Yongguk oppa asked. They are such natural actors.

“Oh oh! I know! Let’s go to that place where we used to play paintball.” Jongup said and everyone stared at him. “What? Bad idea?”

“No, in fact, I want to play paintball!” Daehyun said.

“Perfect!” I whispered.

The next day, the 8 of us- Kris, Baekhyun, L, Hanjung, Hyunki, Joon oppa, Yunho oppa and I went to Daehyun’s practice room early in the morning. We’re lucky that Daehyun’s members are smart enough to move out early.

“Oppa, does appa know you two are here?” I asked Yunho oppa.

“Don’t be crazy Minhyun… Of course he doesn’t!” He answered.

“Okay then… Let’s get to work! Hwaiting!”

Kris, Baekhyun and L hanged all the banners and balloons while Hanjung, Hyunki and I went shopping for snacks and the most important one-cake! Yunho oppa and Joon oppa cleaned the floor and blow the balloons.

“Is everything done?” I asked.

“Almost. Just need more balloons and we’re done.” Joon oppa said.

I received a text from Himchan oppa saying that they’re already on their way back and asked hows our progress. I replied him and all of us discussed on what we should do next.

“So, all the B.A.P members will come in first, leaving Daehyun alone with the manager. Then when he comes up, we’ll turned off the lights and then when he starts to freak out, we’ll shout Happy Birthday Jung Daehyun! and Minhyun can give him a birthday kiss.” Kris said.

“Kris!”

“What? It’s normal to receive a kiss on his birthday!” Baekhyun said.

“I’m not going to do that.” I said.

“Sorry we’re late!” Hyosung unnie said.

“Unnie! You’re here!”

“How can we help out?” Jieun unnie asked.

“Just help us set out the table a little bit and we’re done.” Hanjung said.

“Shhh! Listen!” L said suddenly.

There were sounds of car door slamming. And heavy running footsteps up the stairs. The door blast open and 5 people came in.

“Noona! Hurry up!” Zelo said and we all hide.

“Hey guys? Where are you?” Daehyun asked and L turned off the lights.

“Blackout? Not again…” He said and sighed loudly. “Guys! Come out now! It’s not fun!”

We kept quiet but Zelo who is hiding behind me couldn’t stop shaking from holding his laugh. I gave him a nudge and he stopped.

“Guys?” He asked again and started to head out to the exit.

“Happy Birthday Jung Daehyun!” All of us said and I bought out the cake with candles lit up.

“What? What is this?” Daehyun seemed shocked.

“Happy Birthday chagiyah…” I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I… I thought you have forgotten about it!”

“How could I forgot my own boyfriend’s birthday?” I said.

“Ooooohhhh!” The others started teasing.

“Hurry up, I hungry!” Joon oppa said.

“Okay, okay!” I said and all of us laughed.


Daehyun’s Point Of View

That’s weird. Minhyun never forgets stuff, even small little stuff. But how could she forget my birthday? I can’t blame her though, she’s been through so much and it’s not weird for her to forget these little things.

What are even weird are my members wanted to go out and play paintball tomorrow, on my birthday. They knew I liked playing paintball but they hated it, since it hurts a lot when you’ve got hit.

“Hyung, are we really going to play paintball?” I asked our manager.

“Yeah, we are really going.” He replied.

“But why are we going out so early?’ I asked.

“Because there won’t be many people there early in the morning.” Yongguk hyung told me.

We played paintball for quite a long time and Zelo keeps checking his phone so he got distracted and was eliminated. After hours of playing, we finally went back. When we reached the practice room, manager hyung asked me to wait for him for a while. The others ran into the building and disappeared.

“Hey guys? Where are you?” I went inside and asked, but the lights suddenly went off.

“Blackout? Not again…” I sighed. “Guys! Come out now! It’s not fun!”

There was no reply; maybe they’re at the roof?

“Guys?” I asked again, no reply so I turned and wanted to go out.

“Happy Birthday Jung Daehyun!” I turned back and was shocked to see everyone here.

I was so happy; I thought they have forgotten my birthday! But they didn’t! And Minhyun even gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me she will never forget my birthday.

After the party, Minhyun and I went up to the roof, it was already dark and there were stars all over the sky.

“Promise me something.” I said to her.

“What?”

“Even one day, if, you went to America, or Europe or anywhere else, promise you wouldn’t forget me.”

“Daehyun ah, of course I won’t forget you. I think of you every day, how can I possibly forget you?” She said.

“Minhyun… Promise?”

“I promise.” She said and we both lied down on the floor and her head, resting on my chest makes me felt that I am at the top of the world now.