Chapter Eight: We Thought You Died, Lee Jinki

Kidnapped

// A.N. Guys! I am so sorry about freaking you out with Onew. Kinda funny cause I was listening to In Your Eyes, then I thought of him. So, sorry! Anyway, the next chapter.//

Location: Unknown
Time: 8:40 a.m.
Date: March 11,2012

The dumbwaiter made loud and creaky sounds again. Judging by the rattles of the spoons on the steel casserole, the seven hostages knew that they were having porridge again.

" Ugh! Porridge again?" Taeyeon complained.

" You might as well give us real food!" Changmin yelled as he approached the dumbwaiter.

Changmin took the casserole with his shaky hands, and almost dropped it. Luckily, Yesung was behind him.

" Thanks hyung." Changmin said.

" Don't mention it. Go wake Luna and the others up. I'll take care if this" Yesung replied.

Changmin woke Luna up. Luna bounced off quickly as she smelled porridge.

Luhan and D.O. Woke up right away as well.

It was clear that these hostages were desperate enough to eat.

Changmin approached Onew, who was leaning on the wall.

" Onew-ssi. Are you daydreaming again?" Changmin asked as he shook Onew.

Onew did not respond .

" Yah! Food's here." Changmin said, as he gave Onew a slight push.

Onew still did not respond.

" Yah! Onew-ssi! Wake up! Wake up!" Changmin said as he took Onew and let him lie on his lap.

" Yah! Onew! Wake up!" Changmin said.

This caught the attention of the other five hostages, and they approached Changmin.

" Onew-ssi. Wake up." Changmin pleaded, with tears in his eyes.

" Why isn't he waking up?" Luna asked.

" I don't know?" Changmin replied, as he was crying harder.

" Hyung's dead? That can't be possible !" Luhan said as he covered D.O.'s eyes .

" He can't be dead. I don't want to die." D.O. said, as he cried , much harder than Changmin.

" Who killed him?" Taeyeon asked.

Yesung knelt beside Onew and grabbed his wrist . He felt for a pulse, but sadly, he couldn't feel any.

" Why doesn't he have a freaking pulse?" Yesung said as he continued to look a pulse .

" But he isn't hard, or pale." Luna said, as she held onto Onew.

" He's alive. I know it." Taeyeon said.

" I guess he is." Luhan added, and he kicked Onew's neck.

This made Onew twitch and slowly open his eyes.

" Onew-ssi!" Changmin said as he hugged his dongsaeng.

" What happened?" Onew asked.

" We thought you died." Taeyeon replied.

" D-died?" Onew asked.

" Yeah. You wouldn't respond to any of us. We tried hitting you, screaming at your ear, but you wouldn't wake up, hyung." D.O. replied as he wiped his tears.

" You should be thankful that I kicked your neck ." Luhan Added.

" We were so scared about you, Onew." Taeyeon said.

" We thought we lost you, Lee Jinki." Yesung added, as he helped Onew up.

Together, they approached the table, and ate their almost cold porridge.

While they were eating :

" What really happened, Onew?" Changmin asked.

" I don't know, I just remembered being pricked by some substance , somewhere here in my neck." Onew replied, while taking in a spoonful of porridge .

" What exactly did you feel?" Yesung asked.

" Well, it felt like stones. Big, hard stones that clogged up all together."  Onew replied.

Changmin and Yesung exchanged worried looks, and then they ew around.

" Yah! What are you doing?" Onew panicked .

" Oh my God! What's that?!?" Luna screamed.

" Omo. Onew! There's a bruise on your neck!" Taeyeon said.

D.O. looked at Luhan and said :

" Maybe he got it when you kicked him?"

" What! I didn't do that! Look it's clear enough, it trails on his veins." Luhan said as he traced the blackish- bluish vein behind Onew's neck.

" Judging by the color, I think the masked man used Brotine Seven." Changmin guessed.

" Um. Excuse me, oppa, how the hell do you know all these stuff? And what does Brotine Six- Seven , whatever drug your using do?" Taeyeon asked.

" Well, for once, I'm interested on being a spy. So, I research on drugs. Brotine Seven, causes temporary paralysis, unconsciousness and it decreases blood pressure, heart rate and breathing rate." Changmin explained.

" Okay, Mr. Spy." Taeyeon said.

" So, why did Onew- hyung wake up when I kicked him?" Luhan asked.

" Well, its effect wears off after thirty minutes. And, you probably kicked the vein, which made him wake up." Changmin replied.

" Okay." D.O. said.

" Well, we're glad you're fine, now." Yesung added.

" Yeah. I guess I am too." Onew replied as he smiled , and continued eating.

After a few minutes, they deposited their dirty utensils back to the dumbwaiter and they rested on the wall nearest to the dumbwaiter.

Not long after, the masked man, entered the room. He was bringing a video camera, and be stood in front of the seven hostages.

" Well, how was breakfast?" he asked

" Whatever."  Changmin rudely replied.

" Well, I'll stop beating around the bush. So, where's Onew?" the man asked.

Onew stood up and asked:

" Why?"

" Just come with me."

Onew obediently followed the man, looked at his friends and mouthed with a faint smile:

" I'll be back."

The door shut and all they could do was wait.

Five minutes passed. Luhan and D.O. were on the side, praying or just mumbling.

Luna had her eyes shut. So did Taeyeon .

Yesung kept his ear on the wall. While Changmin waited by the door.

Another five minutes of worry, curiosity and pain passed. There were frowns on their faces , tears on the sides of their eyes, and bags under it.

All those pain and sorrow worsened when they heard one loud bang.

A gunshot to be exact.

" Onew-hyung!!" Luhan said as he banged the metallic door with his hands.

" Oppa!"  Luna said as she cried.

" Onew-ssi. Please, you can't die. " Changmin said.

" We thought we lost you today! We can't lose you again." Yesung said, with tears on his small, chinky eyes.

The six remaining hostages just cried and cried. They comforted each other , and wiped each others tears.

And they thought, Lee Jinki is dead.