Chapter Nineteen: Silent Work In North Korea Begins

Kidnapped

// A.N. Guys, I'll be only updating one 'cause I'm sick. Please help me recover :)//

Location: Border of North Korea

Time: 9:36 a.m.
Date: March 14,2012

It was 8:36 in the morning. Everyone was awake, and alert.

Especially the Chinese idols, working undercover in an ice truck.

" Are you sure that the North Korean did not follow us?" Lay asked.

" Yes, Zhang YiXing, I'm sure. I stopped like every mile for the past fifteen miles, and look, that policeman didn't follow us. And, we've been here for two hours, no one followed us. We're safe!" Zhou Mi replied.

" Are you sure, no one's watching us?" Henry asked.

"Mochi, do you see anyone in this parking lot? No. That means we're alone." Zhou Mi replied at his younger brother.

" Excuse me? Mochi?" Victoria said.

" I swear, that sounds so gay." Amber added.

Zhou Mi looked at Henry, who looked at little mad.

" I warned you. Do. Not. Call. Me. Mochi." Henry said, with his eyebrows twitching.

" Okay. Sorry Mochi." Zhou Mi said as he pinched Henry's cheeks.

This made everyone laugh hard. Kris shushed them and said:

" Shh. Keep quiet! Remember how we're working undercover here. We need to keep quiet . Not a single North Korean should see us."

" Yeah. He's right, we should keep quiet. We're at the border. There's any chance we could get caught by the soldiers here. And, I heard that the soldiers here are merciless. They're not like the policeman we met. They're deadly!" Tao whispered.

The rest of the team nodded in agreement, and Lay said, jokingly:

" Is that a story I heard from somewhere?"

" Yah!" Tao said as he started hitting Lay, who was laughing.

" Tao's right. These soldiers are deadly. We can't stay that long here." Amber said, as if to defend Tao.

" Speaking of not staying here, did Teukie-oppa contact you, Geng-oppa?" Victoria asked their leader.

" Nope. No word from him yet." Hankyung replied with a pout.

" I guess you should call him." Zhou Mi suggested.

" I'll try." Hankyung replied as he dialed Leeteuk.

" I'll try calling Suho as well." Kris suggested as he dialed Suho.

" Let's just hope that they answer." Henry mumbled.

After a few minutes of trying, Kris closed his phone.

" I give up. I can't contact Suho."

Hankyung on the other hand, kept his phone in his ear. Hoping that Leeteuk will answer his phone .

Finally, the other line picked up.

" Finally, Teukie-hyung you answered!" Hankyung said as he sighed in relief.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Location: Border of South Korea
Time: 9:34 a.m.
Date: March 14,2012

" Restricted area: Military Only!"

" We're here. Teukie-hyung. We're here." Heechul said as he shook the sleeping leader.

Leeteuk's eyes started to twitch, and eventually, he opened his eyes.

" W-what did you say, Heenim?" Leeteuk asked his nine-day junior.

" We're here. We arrived at the border." Heechul replied as he continued shaking Leeteuk.

" You can stop shaking me now ." Leeteuk said as he got Heechul's hands off him.

" Sorry." Heechul apologized.

Leeteuk looked around the place. It was totally different. It wasn't like Seoul, with a lot of buildings. The border was different. It was found deep in the forest, it looked free, and peaceful, except that it was highly guarded, and that a mile separated the North and the South.

Leeteuk was supposed to step out of the truck when his phone rang. And his ringtone was probably one of the most embarrassing, and annoying ringtones Leeteuk could have because it woke everyone up.

His ringtone was his own voice, saying:

" I love Kang Sora. You just don't know it.I love Kang Sora. You just don't know it.I love Kang Sora. You just don't know it."

Heechul was on the verge of laughing when Leeteuk covered his hand on his mouth.

" Shut up! Do not talk about this to the others." Leeteuk whispered.

Heechul on the other hand was still giggling, and he nodded his head in agreement.

Leeteuk looked at the caller's ID, and he was surprised to know that Hakyung called him.

" Hankyung-ah?" Leeteuk said.

"Finally, Teukie-hyung you answered!" Hankyung said, sounding relieved.

" What do you mean "finally you answered?" You just called me now!" Leeteuk complained.

" I've been trying to call you for the past five minutes." Hankyung said.

" Oh. Sorry about that. By the way, where are you?" Leeteuk asked.

" We're at the border. We're waiting for you." Hankyung replied.

" Oh, we're here too. I'll meet you at the parking lot about ten minutes from now." Leeteuk said.

" Okay. Be safe hyung." Hankyung said as he hung up.

" Let's go." Leeteuk said to Heechul as he steeped out if the truck.

Leeteuk stepped out of the truck, got the bag with the ₩ 1,000,000,000 and opened the storage area, to wake the rest of them up.

Heechul also stepped out of the truck. He made sure that the truck was parked properly and afterwards, he followed Leeteuk, who was opening the storage area.

" Yah! Wake up." Leeteuk said as he opened the truck.

He was surprised to see that they were all awake, staring at him. Some were giggling, especially the girls.

" What?" Leeteuk asked.

" Um. It's just, you love Kang Sora, and you just don't know it." Shindong said as he giggled.

This made the others giggle as well.

" Okay. What are you talking about?" Leeteuk lied.

" Shut up, hyung. We heard your ringtone!"Kangin said.

" It's so freaking loud." Sungmin added with a chuckle.

" I love Kang Sora. You just don't it. I love Kang Sora. You just don't it. I love Kang Sora. You just don't it. " Eunhyuk, and Donghae teased.

" Yah! Shut up!" Leeteuk said as he hit Donghae's shoulder.

" Yeah, we gotta shut up or ahjussi will get mad." Kyuhyun teased.

Leeteuk just smiled and said:

" Very funny, Kyu. Now get out, all of you. Hankyung's on the other side, waiting for us. So, guys let's go."

" Okay, Kang Sora."Ryeowook mumbled.

This made everyone laugh again, but they shut up when Leeteuk looked a little mad.

They knew that Leeteuk was a hard core type of guy when he gets mad, so they immediately shut up and stood up.

Everyone stood up and hopped off the truck. Leeteuk made a head count, and made sure that they were thirty-six, plus eight on the other side.

Everyone looked like students with their backpacks , jeans, worn-out shirts and sneakers. Some of them had their caps on, while the girls had their hair tied up.

" Well, we all look like students here." Leeteuk commented.

" Yeah, Kang--" Jaejoong said, but got interrupted by Yoochun's hand.

" Shut up, Jae. You might get a punch from him."Yoochun whispered to Jaejoong.

" What are we waiting for, hyung?" Junsu asked.

" Let's go." Yunho said as he ran in front of Leeteuk and led the way.

" Slow down, Jung Yunho." Leeteuk said as he chased after him.

The members of SM Town hiked the road , for about five minutes. Most of them were sleepy, especially the EXO boys.

" Yunho-hyung, we're near the border , don't run too fast!" Jonghyun reminded.

" Okay. Okay. I'll slow down." Yunho said as he exaggerated his slow-mo walk.

Key snubbed and he said:

" Okay hyung, now you're just exaggerating ."

Yunho chuckled and he continued his walk. They walked for another five minutes, and finally, they reached the border.

" Yunho-hyung,slow down. We're at the border!" Minho said as he grabbed him by the collar.

" Hey.Hey. Watch the shirt. Changmin gave this to me for my birthday! I need to show him that I still have it." Yunho yelled as he tried to take Minho's hand off him.

" One more thing, hyung. We're so close to the border, so please, don't yell!" Taemin said as he covered Yunho's mouth.

Yunho nodded and he asked:

" Teukie-hyung, how do we enter?"

" Well, it depends. We can't go all together. So, we could do it by pairs." Leeteuk suggested.

The others nodded their heads in agreement, and Yuri said:

" Sica-unnie and I will go first."

" Yuri-ah! Aren't you scared?" Sica asked.

Yuri shook her head, and she turned to Leeteuk and asked him:

" So, oppa? Where are we supposed to go?"

" Okay. You go straight, and once you reach the gate, turn right, the sewer starts there. Just wait for us there. Text me and the next batch will follow you there." Leeteuk replied as he led the SM Family behind a brick wall.

" Okay. Piece of cake. Let's go, Sica-unnie." Yuri said as she dragged Jessica going to the gate.

Yuri and Jessica crept on the side
until they reached the gate. There were three soldiers inside, so, Yuri and Jessica ran fast and hid near the wall of the sewer.

" We're here. Finally." Jessica said, with a tone of relief.

" Yeah. I have to text Teukie-oppa." Yuri replied as she took her cellphone out and texted Leeteuk.

Leeteuk, on the other hand was assigning who was going next.

" Xiumin and Chen, you guys are going next." Leeteuk whispered to them behind the brick wall they were all hiding at.

Xiumin and Chen nodded their heads and afterwards, Leeteuk's phone vibrated.

It was a text from Yuri:

" Oppa, we're here. When going here, please creep down and run while going to the sewer, because three soldiers are on the gate."

" Okay, Xiumin, Chen, you're up. Be careful." Leeteuk said.

Xiumin and Chen stood up and crept going to the gate and to the sewer. They met Yuri and Jessica and they texted Leeteuk.

A few minutes passed, Eunhyuk and Donghae arrived. Afterwards, Siwon and Heechul followed. More people kept on following until they were all complete.

" Are we all here?" Leeteuk asked.

" Yeah. We're all here." Sunny replied.

" Okay, Suho, lead the way. Leeteuk said as he grabbed Suho.

" Okay, so we go straight." Suho said as he walked into the smelly sewer.

" Oh God! It's smells so bad in here." Tiffany complained.

" Duh! This is pee and human ! Of course it'll smell bad!" Hyoyeon yelled.

" Well, it's better than climbing that mountain, and crossing that river and trekking all the way." Sooyoung said.

" Nah. I'd rather trek and cross the river than--" Yoona said, but got cut off by someone pulling her.

" Unnie! Watch where you're going! You almost stepped on that huge pile of poo." Seohyun yelled as she pulled Yoona away from the poo.

This made everyone giggle. And their giggles echoed throughout the entire sewer line.

A few minutes , the idols had a strange feeling. The feeling of being lost.

" Suho-oppa? Do you actually know where we're going?" Krystal asked.

" Yeah. Of course, I memorized the way a lot of times. I think you were there." Suho said as he continued walking.

" Um, oppa, I think Sica-unnie was with you. Not me." Krystal said.

" Oh, yeah.Oh, I remember, Sulli! You were in the conference room, you should remember the way." Suho said as he looked for Sulli.

" Oppa, that was like two days ago, I think I forgot already." Sulli replied with a pout.

Suho scratched his head, and afterwards, he just continued walking, hoping to find the way.

" Hyung, didn't you print a hard-copy or anything?" Kai asked.

" Or at least saved it in your phone?" Sehun added.

" I forgot to." Suho replied without looking at his dongsaengs.

" What do we do now?" Chen asked.

" Will we be stuck here or something?" Baekhyun said as he sat down.

" No, we gotta find a way. Suho-hyung or someone in here has to remember." Chanyeol said as he pulled Baekhyun off the floor.

" I can't remember anything. Sica-noona, Teukie-hyung, Jonghyun-hyung, Yunho-hyung, you guys gotta remember something." Suho asked.

" I can't remember anything!" Yunho mumbled.

" Me either." Jessica muttered.

" Same here." Jonghyun added.

" Suho-ssi, you have to remember at least something." Xiumin whispered.

Suho was silent for a few moments, and it also made the SM Family silent.

The SM Family leaned on the smelly, brick walls of the sewer. They were physically and mentally exhausted, especially Leeteuk .

" Someone has to remember here." Leeteuk said.

He looked at the SM Family, and saw them speechless, dumbfounded, and clueless. He turned to EXO, DBSK, Girls' Generation, SHINee and Suoer Junior, but, it seemed like no one knew at all. It meant that they were back to square one.

" So, does this mean--?" Leeteuk asked his family when Kyuhyun interrupted him.

" Wait!" Kyuhyun yelled.

The SM Family looked at Kyuhyun, like he was their new hope.

" What Kyu?" Leeteuk asked he ran and shook the maknae.

" I think, I remember." Kyuhyun replied.

" Kyu. You have to remember. Come on, Kyu." Leeteuk encouraged.

The SM Family also encouraged Kyuhyun, in the softest voice they can.

" Oppa. Try to remember."

" Come on, Kyu!"

" Game Kyu, you can do it!"

" Just remember, Kyu."

Kyuhyun sighed, stood up and smiled.

" Follow me." Kyuhyun said as he started walking.

Everyone sighed and a number of " Thank you Kyu" 's were heard echoing throughout the entire sewer line.

" Okay. I guess this is follow the leader." Suho said as he dragged Kyuhyun to the front of the line.

" Okay, I remember. We still  go straight. I think for about 500 meters."  Kyuhyun said as he continued walking.

The idols continued walking down the sewer. Most of them complained, because the deeper into the sewer they went, the more it smelled like human crap.

They walked for five more minutes until they reached a two-way area.

" We turn right." Kyuhyun said as he turned right. The rest followed him.

" We turn left." Kyuhyun added as they turned left.

This made Suho jump up and say:

" We turn right, then left again! I remember!"

Xiumin looked at Suho and said:

" Too late, Kim Joon Myun."

Suho snubbed and he continued walking. Xiumin just giggled at him and walked as well.

The idols turned right, then turned left again. And they went straight for another 500 meters.

" Kyu, I thought you forgot." Leeteuk asked the maknae.

" I forgot, but I remembered. Just the irony of it, hyung." Kyuhyun replied with a wink.

Leeteuk giggled at the maknae and they continued walking.

Eventually, they saw the light.

" I can see the light! God, are you there?" Siwon said.

" Okay, Siwon." Heechul scoffed.
" Hankyung-ah? Are you there?" Leeteuk yelled.

Leeteuk's voice echoed throughout the sewer line until it came to complete silence.

" Hankyung-ah!"l

" Teukie-hyung?" another voice echoed.

" Hankyung-ah?" Leeteuk asked.

" It's me, Kris!" Kris replied.

" Oh, Kris! Good thing we found you." Chen yelled from behind.

" Teukie-hyung,hurry. We're not safe here. " Kris said.

Leeteuk and the others hurried up, and they went out of the sewer, and hugged their members.

Once the Koreans and Chinese idols reunited, a lot of questions were thrown from everyone.

" Oh My God! Kris, you're safe."

" Did someone hurt you?"

" Unnie, are you fine?"

" Did you use your Kung Fu skills?"

"Are you sure, you guys are fine?"

" Hyung, did something happen?"

The reunion did not last long when Lay reacted to the smell.

" Oh, Gosh.  You guys smell like human ." Lay said.

" And pee." Tao added.

" We went through a sewer. What would you expect?" Jaejoong replied.

" Well, you guys gotta spray whatever to take the crappy smell of your bodies or the ice truck's gonna stink." Amber said as she chuckled.

" Exactly why I brought this." Victoria said as she took her cologne  out from her bag.

" Woah. What is that?" Leeteuk asked he backed off.

" Chill." Victoria said as she started spraying the cologne on their clothes.

She sprayed some on everyone's clothes until everyone smelled good again.

" Okay, now, we can hug!" Henry said as charged towards Leeteuk and hugged him tight.

" Hi Mochi." Leeteuk said as he hugged Henry.

" Wha-- you too? Please don't call me Mochi." Henry said as he pulled back from the hug.

" I told you, Mochi is a cute name." Zhou Mi said as placed an arm around Henry and hugged Leeteuk.

Everyone was giggling and they hugged each other. After a few minutes of intense hugging, Hankyung stepped out of the truck and said:

" Hate to stop the reunion, but , could we get in the truck? We're at the freaking border.

They giggled and stopped the hugging when Leeteuk said:

" Okay, let's listen to the Chinaman. Let's get in the truck!"

Everyone entered the truck, still giggling over Henry being "Mochi."
They even on that until he became mad, but they didn't really care.

Hankyung hopped on the driver's seat and he started the engine.

Afterwards, the entire SM Family drove back to the city of Pyongyang, to find the other hostages.