Chapter Twenty- One: The Hallway

Kidnapped

// Second chapter.//

Location: Smartphone Factories Incorporated

Time: 3:48 a.m.
Date: March 15, 2012

It was 3:50 in the morning. Everyone was asleep, but they left their dreamlands when they heard the dumbwaiter vibrating.

" Ugh. What's up with them and waking us up at the middle of the night?" Onew complained.

" I know! Hey, give us some sleep, will you !" Changmin added.

When the dumbwaiter came to a complete stop, Luhan crawled from his spot towards the dumbwaiter and opened the door.

Apparently, he saw a simple piece  of paper.

" Another note?" D.O. asked.

" I guess." Taeyeon said with her eyes closed.

" Give it to me, Lu." Yesung commanded.

Luhan gave Yesung the paper and afterwards, He read it out loud:

" Looks like your reinforcements are here!
                                              -V1"

" Reinforcements? As in them?" Luna asked.

Yesung just nodded his head. And afterwards, he smiled at his dongsaengs. The rest smiled at him back and they all moved closer to each other, and afterwards, they group hugged.

Heads were leaning on another's shoulders, mouths formed smiles, and encouraging words were being whispered.

" Don't worry, guys, we'll be out in no time." Yesung whispered to his dongsaengs, who were smiling with him as well.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Location: Unknown
Time: 4:20 a.m.
Date: March 15,2012

A man stepped down from a limousine, and he took his phone out, and dialed someone.

" Hello? Is this V1?" the man asked.

" Yes. Hello,sir. Let me guess, you're in Pyongyang?" V1 asked the man.

" Yes. I just needed to see if they are doing fine. After all, I am the oldest." the man said.

" Oh, okay. Well, when will you be meeting us, sir?" V1 asked.

" Um, sometime this week. Don't worry, I'm sure these kids aren't ready to move yet." the man said as he chuckled.

" You bet, sir. Anyway, the hostages are fine. Three guys are injured. The rest are still fine." V1 said.

" Very good. I knew it, I'd always trust you." the man said.

V1 and the man laughed, and afterwards V1 said:

" Um, sir, I spot something, I gotta go."

Afterwards, V1 hung up.

" Okay, good bye." the man said, despite V1 hanging up.

The man hopped back in his limousine and drove away.

" Bring me to Sunny Days, Moony Nights Hotel." the man ordered his driver.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Location: Sunny Days, Moony Nights Hotel/ Dormitory
Time: 4:15 a.m.
Date: March 15,2012

Everyone was asleep at this time, but, Tao was awake. It seemed like something bothered him deeply. That something, was the dark hallway.

Tao jumped up from his double deck, shared with Xiumin.

" I have a bad feeling about that hallway. I need to check it out. No, Huang Zi Tao, you can't do it. No, you have to do it." Tao mumbled to himself, or somehow, he was debating with himself.

Finally, Tao decided to check the dark hallway out, so, he wore his jacket and shoes, and he left the penthouse.

He rode the elevator going down to the ground floor. Once the elevator came to a complete stop, it opened, and it led him to the lobby, and the dark hallway.

He passed through the dark hallway, which went like forever. Tao his phone and used the light coming from it.

He was about to shout "hello", when he heard something.

" Yes. Hello,sir. Let me guess, you're in Pyongyang?" V1 asked.

Tao gasped, because the man sounded like V1.

" Is that V1?" Tao asked himself.

He monved forward, and he saw a man, with a mask. He was wearing a shirt, which said: V1.

" Oh, okay. Well, when will you be meeting us, sir?" V1 asked.

" Why is V1 here?" Tao said, while eavesdropping on V1.

"You bet, sir. Anyway, the hostages are fine. Three guys are injured. The rest are still fine" V1 said.

" Who is he talking to? Who's sir? He's not the leader?" Tao said as he started to step backwards.

Apparently, he stepped on a twig, and the twig broke.

V1 heard it, and he saw Tao.

" Um, sir, I spot something, I gotta go." V1 said as he hung up and chased Tao.

Tao jumped up and ran through the dark hallway and once he spotted the cargo elevator, he pressed the up button.

" Come on, come on! Open!" Tao yelled while banging on the elevator.

He looked at the dark hallway, and he saw V1 chasing him, just ten meters away.

Luckily, the elevator opened and he went inside and closed it just merely a second before V1 was in front of the elevator.

" !! I'll get on you, Chinese, Korean kid!" V1 cursed.

Tao on the other hand, was exhaling deeply, and he rested on the elevator wall.

Once he reached the hallway that led to the penthouse, he ran as fast as he could and he opened the door of the penthouse, slammed it hard and double-locked it.

The slam woke everyone up, and a series of complains were heard throughout the room.

People from the second floor gathered in the ground floor, and from there, they started scolding Tao.

" Yah! Huang Zi Tao! You're ruining our sleeping time!" Kris yelled from his bed.

"You're so annoying!" Sooyoung and Hyoyeon added.

" Yah! What's up with the door slamming!" Yoochun asked.

" And the door locking?" Key asked.

" Yah! Huang Zi Tao, what's wrong?" Victoria asked.

Tao just ignored them and sat at the corner, with his face buried in his palms.

Leeteuk approached EXO's Chinese maknae and asked him:

" Tao, what's wrong?"

Tao sighed, he stood up and said:

" I- I think, V1 is here."

" Of course, V1 is here. That's exactly why we're here in Pyongyang!" Xiumin said with a snub.

" No. V1 is here. Like, here. In the hotel." Tao explained.

There was a lot of jaw-dropping and eye-popping in the penthouse.

" He-he's here?" Jonghyun asked nervously.

Tao nodded his head.

" How sure are you?" Minho asked.

" Did you see him?" Taemin added.

" How did he look like?" Jaejoong asked.

" Was he tall?" Junsu added.

" Was he white?" Yunho asked.

" Or was he wearing white?" Heechul added.

A series of questions were being asked from everyone:

" Tao, did he hurt you?" -Yoona

" Did you hurt him?" -Yuri

" Are you okay?" - Sunny

" Guys!" Tao yelled.

It got their attention and they all looked at Tao.

" Guys, yes, I'm sure that he's here. I heard him , and I know it's him because of his voice."

" Maybe it could someone else, and maybe it was another person who sounded like V1." Jessica suggested.

" Yeah. What made you sure that it was him?" Hankyung asked.

" I saw it on his shirt, it said V1." Tao replied.

" What was V1 doing?" Seohyun asked.

" He was talking to someone, on his phone." Tao replied.

" Who was he talking to?" Heechul asked.

" I don't know." Tao said.

" What do you mean, you don't know?" Kangin asked, furiously.

" Dude, you should know. Any name you picked perhaps?" Shindong added.

" Um. I did hear him say sir, like a lot of times." Tao mumbled.

" Sir? Like a code name?" Sungmin asked.

" Or sir, as in a boss?" Zhou Mi added.

" Boss." Tao replied.

" So, V1's not the mastermind?" Eunhyuk asked.

" I guess." Tao muttered.

There was a sudden silence, before Donghae said:

" Kyu, did you bring the CD of Onew's shooting?"

Kyuhyun nodded his head.

" Kyu, could you play it?" Donghae requested.

Kyuhyun nodded his head and started to look for the CD.

" Hae, what's with Onew's shooting?" Siwon asked.

" Was there something you remembered from it?" Ryeowook asked.

" Yeah, something, I just remembered it from there." Donghae said.

" Something like what, hyung? Kibum asked.

" Something proving that V1 has a boss?" Henry guessed.

Donghae nodded his head in agreement and he turned to Kyuhyun.

" Here. Onew's shooting." Kyuhyun said as he showed his computer to everyone.

" So, are we supposed to watch this bloody thing all over again?" Amber asked.

" You know I hate blood!" Sulli mumbled.

" Me too, I can't watch." Krystal said as she covered her eyes.

" We're not gonna be watching the blood." Donghae said. " Kyu, skip it to where V1 puts the gun on Onew's head." he ordered.

Kyuhyun followed the order and skipped the CD .

" Here." Kyuhyun said as he focused on the computer.

" I'm sorry, Onew." V1 said as he placed the gun on Onew's head.

" Shut up!" Chanyeol yelled from behind, which made everyone in the room giggle.

" Calm down, we watched this, and Onew-hyung lived." Baekhyun said.

" Come on, shoot, I'm worthless anyway." Onew said, with tears on his eyes.

" Aw. Don't say that, hyung." Chen said.

" You're not worthless. " Kai added.

" Hyung, we saw this already. Shut up." Sehun complained.

" You know, Onew, I like you. You seem so brave. You're not afraid to die." V1 said as he prepared the gun.

The idols seemed to get bored, because people were yawning, some were dozing off, except for Donghae, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun.

" So, how long are we supposed to watch this?" Suho asked Donghae, while yawning.

" Just wait, I know it'll be coming. Onew's on his knees and hands already." Donghae replied.

" I'm sorry Onew, but, this is my job." V1 said as he pulled the gun's slide.

" Stop." Donghae yelled, which made everyone alert.

" What? Why?" Kyuhyun asked.

" Rewind it, a little bit." Donghae commanded.

Kyuhyun did as he was told and while he did this, Donghae  said:

" Listen, carefully."

Kyuhyun played the tape again. And all the idols listened well.

" I'm sorry Onew, but, this is my job."

There were gasps all around the room, and it was short-lived when the smartphone vibrated.

Leeteuk crawled to his double-deck bed and got the phone from his bag.

He read the message out loud:

" Looks like someone knows who I really am.
                                              - V1"


Leeteuk typed his reply:

" Not really. But, we want to know who your boss is."

A few minutes later, V1 replied:

" Trust me, if you know who he is, you'll be mad.
                                               -V1"


" Of course, I'll be mad." Leeteuk said as he typed it. But, unfortunately, the smartphone turned off.

" Damn!" Leetuk cursed.

" What?" Heechul asked.

" The smartphone, it turned off. No more battery." Leeteuk replied.

" Then charge it!" Heechul shot back.

Leeteuk crawled over to his bed and got the charger, he charged the smartphone and he set it aside.

" Tao, where did you see V1?" Hankyung asked.

" Um. The dark hallway, behind the lobby." Tao replied.

" The hallway? As in, the hallway where you were spacing out?" Kris asked.

Tao nodded his head.

" I knew it. Something was always suspicious about that hallway." Xiumin said.

" That's why. We have to start moving." Tao suggested, afterwards, he turned to Leeteuk. " What do you think should we do, hyung?" Tao asked.

Leeteuk sighed, and afterwards, he said:

" Tall and martial arts guys, come with me tomorrow, to the hallway. The rest stay here."

The rest nodded their heads in agreement. Whether they liked it or not, they had to listen to Leeteuk, because he was the leader, and, he was the wisest, of them all.

" Guys, get some sleep. " Leeteuk commanded, as he slumped on his bed, and closed his eyes.

The rest of them followed Leeteuk and closed their eyes as well. Afterwards, each of them dozed off to their own dreamlands. They seemed safe and sound. But to Leeteuk,they were not safe. They could be in danger.