Chapter Eighteen: China Line vs. The North Korean

Kidnapped

// A.N. I was so excited, so I decided to post the next chapter.//

Location: Pyongyang National Road
Time: 5:43 a.m.
Date: March 14,2012

"Border of North Korea: 25 kilometers."

Henry sighed when he finally saw that sign. He pulled over the ice truck he was driving for the past hour.

" Zhou Mi-gege, your shift."

" Could you just drive for me, Mochi?" Zhou Mi asked, in aegyo mode.

" No, and please don't call me Mochi." Henry said as he shook Zhou Mi and made him stand up.

" Come on, Mochi, please drive for me." Zhou Mi begged.

" No, gege." Henry said as he sat down and closed his eyes.

 Zhou Mi had no other choice but to get up and start driving . He hopped into the driver's seat, and stepped on the gas pedal.

He was going over sixty kilometers per hour. To keep himself distracted he just spoke to himself.

" If Huang Zi Tao did it, you can Zhou Mi. You can do this. Your handsome face can do it. Your muscular body can do it. You can do it, Zhou Mi."

He started talking to himself, and he even laughed at his own jokes, that were actually not funny.

Zhou Mi was approaching a curve when he heard a sound. A police car.

Thinking that it was a phone ringing, he woke everyone up .

" Hey! Someone's phone is ringing. Please answer it because it's distracting me." Zhou Mi said.

" What did you say?" Lay asked while rubbing his eyes.

" Answer the phone, it's distracting me." Zhou Mi repeated.

" Gege, no one's phone is ringing." Kris said while yawning.

" Seriously, just stop it. The  police car ringtone. It could be Vic's." Zhou Mi said.

" It's not mine, oppa." Victoria said .

" Huang Zi Tao, is it yours?" Zhou Mi asked.

" Nope." Tao replied.

" It's not mine either." Amber added.

" Is it Henry's?" Zhou Mi, asked, sounding worried.

" Not mine, gege." Henry replied.

"Um. Zhou Mi, could you drive a little faster." Hankyung requested.

" Why, gege?" Zhou Mi asked.

" We have a tail." Hankyung replied with his eye in a small peephole .

" A police?" Zhou Mi asked.

" Yes." Hankyung replied.

" Let me see!" Kris and Lay argued as they focused their sight in the peephole.

" This is the North Korean Police Department. Please surrender your vehicle to us at once." a policeman said through the megaphone.

" Don't listen to him, drive faster." Amber said.

" I think this is the fastest it could go." Zhou Mi said as he stepped on the gas pedal.

" I repeat, please surrender your vehicle to us at once." the policeman repeated.

" Gege, please drive faster!" Tao pleaded.

Zhou Mi stepped on the gas pedal and the truck was now traveling at a hundred kilometers per hour.

" Zhou Mi, drive faster." Hankyung said.

" This is the last call. Please surrender your vehicle to us at once or we will be forced to shoot." the policeman said.

" Okay! Okay! We got you!" Kris yelled.

" What do we do? Lay asked.

" Do we surrender?" Tao asked.

" Or do we fight?" Henry asked.

" What if, we surrender and fight?" Amber asked.

" Surrender and fight, are you serious? Kris asked.

" It might be the only way, we could get rid of the police and keep the vehicle." Amber explained.

The others nodded their heads in agreement and they said:

" Let's do it."

" Zhou Mi, pull over." Hankyung said.

" Are you sure?" Zhou Mi asked.

" Yes, I am." Hankyung said.

Zhou Mi stepped on the break pedal and the truck began to slow down. It slowed down until the truck came to a complete stop .

" Tao, come with me. The rest of you, stay here." Hankyung ordered.

Tao followed him out. Once they went out, they could hardly see anything. It was still dark, and there was no trace of sunlight.

The only thing that gave them a little illumination was the light coming from the police car.

" Is there a problem ,officer?" Hankyung asked.

The policeman, named Park JongMin went down from his police car and said:

" I am Park JongMin from the North Korean Police Department. I have been told that this truck has been stolen by you."

Tao and Hankyung exchanged looks and said:

" Um, no sir. We own this truck, maybe you were talking about another truck." Tao said.

The policeman checked on the plate number and said:

" It's this plate number. 함북 33-968."

" Sir, this is really our truck. Just believe us." Hankyung said.

It was when Zhou Mi stepped out from the driver's seat and started taking part of the problem.

" What is going on in here?" Zhou Mi asked.

" Sir, this truck has been reportedly stolen. And it is a question why you have it." Park JongMin said.

" You might be mistaken, sir, this is our truck. We own it." Zhou Mi explained.

The policeman wasn't convinced with Zhou Mi's explanation, so he decided to inspect the truck.

" Please open the storage ." the policeman said.

Zhou Mi and Tao instantly blocked the policeman . The confused policeman started to force the boys out of his way, but they were too tall for him.

" Open the storage area." the policeman demanded.

" Um. Sir, there's nothing in there, but ice." Zhou mi explained while blocking the policeman.

" I'm sorry, but I need to check."
The policeman said as he held on to the truck's handle.

Tao noticed this and he instantly kicked the man's arm. The policeman jerked his arm, which made him open the truck.

The door flung open , revealing Henry, Victoria, Amber, Kris and Lay.

Both the policeman and the idols were speechless. The policeman looked at the eight idols and furiously, he asked:

" What is this ? I thought you said that it was ice? Are you a human trafficker?"

" Of course not! I know we lied in the ice, but, we are not human traffickers!" Zhou Mi explained.

" Yeah! We could never be human traffickers!" Tao added.

" Oh, yeah? Explain that!" the policeman said as he pointed at the idols.

" Um. Sir, these are our co-workers." Hankyung lied.

The five other idols waved at the policeman. Victoria was exaggerating when she waved, which made Park JongMin think otherwise.

" You are human traffickers. You have a ." he said as he pointed at Victoria.

Victoria looked seriously offended and embarrassed. Amber and Kris went on to defend her.

" Hey! How dare you call her a ! How would you feel if we called you a manwhore?" Amber yelled.

" Yeah! Your such an ! Are North Koreans always like this?" Kris asked.

This made the policeman have a confused look,and he asked:

" Were you asking why we are always like this? Don't you know? Aren't you North Koreans?"

There was an awkward silence before Lay said:

" I'm Chinese!"

" Me too! Actually, we're all Chinese!" Henry added.

" Hmm. I can take the fact you could be Chinese, but, you cuss and swear like South Koreans." Park JongMin said.

" But, we aren't! That's the point!" Zhou Mi said, who was starting to get impatient.

Park Jongmin had a little smile on his face, then he said:

" You know, you guys are driving a stolen truck, which is labeled from the city of Pyongyang, and you guys seem to be  going to the border. What exactly are you planning to do?"

The group was silent for a few minutes before Victoria went out of the truck and explained:

" Okay manwhore, here's the catch."

This made the rest of the Chinese
Idols giggle at Victoria, and at the policeman.

" You seem so strong to call me a manwhore. You cuss like people from Seoul." the policeman said with a smirk.

" Okay, I may have lived in Seoul for the past three years but whatever! Now the thing is, we are on a special mission." Victoria explained.

This made the policeman burst out in laughter and say:

" A special mission? What are you guys, agents? Are you agents of 007 ? That is hilarious, a special mission?"

Amber and Henry stepped out of the truck and said:

" Yeah, a special mission. Just what you guys do!" Henry said.

" Do you even know what our special mission is? Are you interested into knowing it?" Amber asked.

The policeman, who was still laughing, wiped a tear from his eye and asked:

" Sure, Black Widow, what is your
'mission' ?"

Amber turned around and asked the other idols whether they tell the policeman or not. They all nodded and Amber asked:

" What would you do if your family members were kidnapped?"

" I'd look for them, of course." the policeman replied.

" Well, what would you do first?" Henry asked .

" Well, I'd ask help from my fellow policemen--."

" Skip the policemen." Hankyung said.

" Wha-- how would I rescue them without policemen?" the policeman asked.

" Skip the policemen, what would you do?" Kris asked, as he stepped out of the truck.

" I said, I wouldn't do anything, without policemen."

" What would you do?" Lay asked, one final time.

The policeman gulped, and he said:

" The truth? I'd probably be doing illegal stuff. Anything, as long as I can see them again."

" One more thing , imagine if you found out that your family was held captive in South Korea, in a place where people like you aren't allowed to enter?" Tao asked.

" As I said, anything illegal, to see them. I'd enter South Korea illegally and do anything." the policeman replied with a straight face.

" That's exactly what we're doing." Zhou Mi said.

" What?" the policeman asked.

" We are actually, Chinese people living in South Korea, and we found out that our family was held hostage here." Hankyung added.

" Held hostage? Where?" the policeman asked.

" We are not sure, but we think that they were held captive in the Smartphone Factories Incorporated." Henry replied.

" That must be a mistake, son.
Smartphone Factories Incorporated closed down like five years ago." the policeman replied as he shook his head.

" What? That's impossible! Are you sure?" Hankyung asked.

" Yeah, it closed down due to financial problems." the policeman replied.

" But, do you think people are inside the building? You know, like residing in it?" Amber asked

" Or maybe doing illegal business in there?" Henry added.

" No, I don't think so . But, the original owner did issue a permit that no one is supposed to enter the factory, unless he, himself says so." the policeman explained.

" Where  is he?" Lay asked.

" Um. Dead. " the policeman replied.

" D-dead?" the idols said.

" Yeah. Sad truth. Anyway, why are you heading here, I mean to the border?" the policeman asked, starting to sound friendly.

" Well, as you said, you'd do anything illegal to see them. Actually, we came here to pick our other members up." Lay explained .

" And, they are South Koreans." Tao added.

" South Koreans? How many are they?" he asked.

" Um, we joined forces, so, all-in-all, we are forty-four." Henry replied.

" And, we need to rescue seven of our family members." Hankyung added.

" Who are supposedly trapped in the Smartphone Factories Incorporated that closed down five years ago. " Zhou Mi added.

" So, why don't you ask help from the police?" Park JongMin suggested.

" The guy who's keeping them said that they'd kill one of our family if we asked help from the police or from the government."
Victoria said.

" And he already tried killing three of them ." Lay added.

" Oh, that is hard." the policeman said.

" Yeah, I know it is." Hankyung said.

There was an awkward silence before Zhou Mi asked:

" So, does this mean that you got us? Are we caught?"

The policeman sighed and said:

" You know what, I'll just let this pass. As a good citizen, I'd let you rescue them first. Anyway, family always  comes first."

" Really? You're letting us go? What about the truck?" Henry asked.

" Nah. I'll just tell the guy who owns it that I wasn't able to catch up with you guys. But, you have to return it once you rescue your family." he replied with a smile.

" Thank you! You don't know how much this means to us ." Hankyung said as he hugged the policeman, and allowed his tears to fall.

" Thank you." Kris and Lay said as they hugged the policeman."

The rest of them joined the hug as well, which made the policeman speechless.

" O-okay. You guys should go, meet with your family." the policeman said as he released himself from the hug.

" Thank you, again." Zhou Mi said as he hopped in the driver's seat.

The rest of them went to the storage area and before getting in, Victoria hugged the policeman.

" Thank you."

" You're welcome." he replied.

After the hug, Victoria slapped the policeman and said :

" Sorry, but that's for calling me a ."

Afterwards , she climbed back in the truck and the policeman locked it for them.

Zhou Mi waved at the kind policeman and started driving.

After a few minutes, they started talking.

" So, the policeman back there?" Victoria asked.

" He was kind." Hankyung said.

" Yeah. He's not like the other North Koreans." Amber added.

" He was fine." Lay and Kris said together.

Zhou Mi sighed and said:

" Well, I guess everyone's awake. Because the border's just ten kilometers away."

Everyone nodded their heads, and they leaned on the truck's wall. Hoping that everything will go the right way.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Location: Smartphone Factories Incorporated
Time: 7:37 a.m.
Date: March 14,2012

" How's your shoulder, Changmin-hyung?" D.O. asked, with a tone of worry.

Changmin patted the younger singer's head and he said:

" Don't worry, KyungSoo-ssi, I'm fine."

D.O. smiled at Changmin and he instantly turned around to check on Yesung, who was trying to stand.

" Hyungie, please don't force yourself to stand. Your gonna hurt yourself again." D.O. said as he ran to Yesung's side and supported him.

" I'll be fine. Don't worry, you should get some rest now." Yesung replied to his dongsaeng.

" Hyung, I've gotten enough sleep. Now, I should worry about you, hyungs." D.O. said with a smile.

This made Yesung smile and he turned around to see Taeyeon sleeping with open.

Luhan crept to Taeyeon's side and whispered in her ear:

" Taeyeon-noona? Are you sleepy?"

Taeyeon mumbled something, that no one was able to understand. She still had open and she eventually started drooling.

" She must be very tired. Look at her, she's drooling." Luhan commented.

" Yeah. She's very tired. I guess she was awake the entire night last night just checking on Yesung-hyung and I." Changmin
said.

" And she must be tired after getting two bullets from a guy who waxes." Luna added with a chuckle.

This made Onew chuckle as well, and the two cuddled on a side.
Yesung on the other hand, looked at them with a cold look, and he said:

" Yah! Stop it with the leg waxing, and please stop it with the P.D.A., it's disturbing me."

" P.D.A.?" Luna and Onew asked together.

" Public Display of Affection! Please, don't tell me you guys don't know the shortcuts!" Yesung said.

" Um. We know the shortcuts, but not that one." Onew replied.

" And, okay, we'll stop with the leg waxing." Luna added

Yesung nodded his head and after a few minutes, the dumbwaiter started moving.

" Food's here!" Taeyeon said as she jumped up and ran to the dumbwaiter.

When the dumbwaiter came to a complete stop, Taeyeon opened the small door, and she picked up the casserole.

She opened it and to her surprise, they didn't have porridge for that day.

" Wow. He gave us mashed potato." Taeyeon said as she set the casserole near Yesung and Changmin.

Everyone gathered the two newly-injured members, even the slightly
injured Onew managed to crawl to Yesung's side.

" Come on, let's eat! I'm hungry." D.O. said.

" Okay. Let's eat." Taeyeon said as she distributed the spoons.

The seven hostages started eating the mashed potatoes, and after eating, Taeyeon set the dirty dishes on the dumbwaiter.

Upon reaching the dumbwaiter, she saw a note, she instantly grabbed it and gave it to Yesung.

" Oppa, another note." Taeyeon said as she gave the note to Yesung.

Yesung on the other hand, got the note and read it out loud :

“Forty-four are on there way
To rescue seven who may be slain.
Just hope they go the right way,
Because the next days may be the day."

" What does it mean?" D.O. asked as he read the note again and again.

" What forty-four does he mean?" Luhan added.

" And what seven?" Luna asked.

" What do you guys think? Onew? Changmin? Yesung?" Taeyeon asked as she eyed the three men.

" The seven could mean us." Onew guessed.

" What?" Luhan and D.O. asked together.

" I mean, count. One, two, three, four, five, six,seven!" Onew said as he did a head count of his companions.

" He's right. And it says: the seven who may be slain. All of us, we were almost killed . Well, for Onew, Changmin and Yesung-oppa, you guys were almost killed. As in, near death." Luna said.

" Okay, but what forty-four could he be talking about?" Taeyeon asked.

They all had confused looks on their faces, except for Yesung, who seemed to be busy doing something, mentally.

Luna noticed this, so she waved her hand in front of him.

" Yah! Yesung-oppa! Are you okay?"

" Um.. Fourteen- four-four-four-eight-ten-um." Yesung mumbled.

" Okay? What's with the numbers?" Luhan asked.

" Who's good at math here?" Yesung asked.

Changmin immediately raised his hand, and he seemed to be proud of it.

" Okay. Changmin, fourteen plus four." Yesung asked.

" Eighteen." Changmin replied.

" Plus four."

" Twenty-two."

" Plus four."

" Twenty-six."

" Plus eight."

" Um, Thirty-four."

" Plus ten."

" Forty-four."

Yesung had a face with mixed emotions. No one really understood him, but, it seemed that what Yesung knew was important.

" It's them." Yesung mumbled.

" Who?" Luhan asked.

" Them! They're coming for us. " Yesung said, with a smile.

" Who "them" are you talking about, hyung? And what's with the smile?" D.O. asked.

" Them. Our family." Yesung replied as he patted his dongsaeng's head.

" Really?" Luhan asked.

" Yeah. Positive." Yesung replied.

" How sure are you that it's really them? Luna asked.

" I just know it. It's them." Yesung said.

" Let me guess. The numbers you said, it represented them." Taeyeon guessed.

" Yeah. Fourteen for Super Junior." Yesung replied.

" Four for DBSK." Changmin muttered.

" Four for SHINee ." Onew mumbled

" Four for f(x)." Luna whispered

" Eight for Girls' Generation." Taeyeon said.

" Ten for EXO." Luhan added.

" Is forty-four." D.O. said

Yesung just nodded his head in agreement, and afterwards, he hugged his dongsaengs.

" Finally, we can go home." Changmin mumbled.

" We could see them." Taeyeon added.

" We could be one again." Onew said.

" We can be family." Luna added as a tear fell from her eye.

Luna looked around and saw the other idols tearing up as well.

These tears were not tears of sadness, but of happiness. If V1's poem went the right way, they knew it, the hostages will reunite with their family someday.