Being careful

Two different worlds

         They all recieved their schduels the day before and agreed to compare in the hall. Tao tried memorising the room numbers and subjects while he heard Luhan complain.

"Aw man! Baozi and I don't have the same homeroom!" Luhan pouted, clearly upset that he wasn't going to be able to pinch 'Baozi's cheeks all day. Xiumin, on the other hand, looked relieved.

"Good. If you  pinch my cheeks too much, I swear they'll deflate! Then what would I do?" Xiumin mocked panic on his face. Luhan gasped and began to rub Xiumin's cheeks, as if he were trying to save them, causing Lay to laugh.

D.O had grabbed everyone's schduels trying to see who's with who. Muttering to himself about sanity, he spoke up a little bit louder to grab the group's attention.

"Well. Everyone's in the same homeroom, 2A. Except Tao, Baekhyun, and Xiumin, who are in room 2B, right next door." D.O frowned  a bit, obviously not happy that the three were seperated from the rest. Well, seperated from him. Really, it'd be half and half, but D.O still didn't like it.

"C'mon Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Tao are  both really strong and can protect themselves, each other, and Baekhyun." Lay tried reassuring the boy. He knew he was worried that the three may get picked on or beaten by older kids. Heck, kids their age might even try and beat them down!

"Yeah," Tao joked, "It's you guys who need to worry. Without the two manliest men, what will you do?"

Baekhyun playfully shoved Tao's shoulder. "You are the least manliest man ever, Taozi!" The entire group laughed as Tao's cheeks lightly flushed. " Whatever Bacon." He patted his cheeks.

"Guys, we need to head off to our homerooms. We'll be late otherwise, and wouldn't get everything we need!" Luhan reminded the group, looking at his watch. The whole group nodded, suprised at their lack of focus and Luhan's ability to, and ventured up the stairs and to 2A and B. With a small wave, and Luhan giving Xiumin's cheeks another pinch, they seperated into their respected homerooms.

Tao walked in timidly, after one shove from Xiumin, and glanced around trying to find 3 desks for his friends.  There were three in the back but.. they'd be next to Kris and his gang of friends. It looked like only half of his group was there, though. Still, Tao didn't feel comfortable doing that. That would be like walking into a busy road. He felt a need to protect Baekhyun and Xiumin, and he would never put them through that willingly. So, instead, Tao grabbed Baekhyun and Xiumin, and sat them down in the first row.

"Ack! Tao, why are we in the first row? That's the worst!" Baekhyun pouted, clearly upset. Tao wasn't sure if he should tell the truth. He didn't really get a chance to, because Xiumin spoke up.

"Kris. Gang. Back row. These are the last 3 seats." He spoke without looking up from his schduel and Tao had to admire his observing personality. Tao turned to Baekhyun and gave him a small smile and a  pat on the shoulder. He was really sorry for his hyung, but it was sort of for his safety. Baekhyun was staring at something though. What was he staring at so intently? Tao turned to see

Kris. And his gang.

Staring right back.

 

Chanyeol was smiling brightly at Baekhyun, obviously happy that he found something new to look at.  Chen was staring intently, as if he was trying to figure something out. And Kris? He was giving his usual face.

And Tao would be lying if he said that that didn't scare him nearly to death. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked back to see Xiumin, with his usual protectiveness pulling him and Baekhyun back. Tao relaxed and breathed out with relief.

"Baekhyun, be careful. Tao, relax. " He ordered. Tao didn't mind much, he was the oldest one out of all of them. And Xiumin's words comforted him. It's nice to have his close friends near by. It gave him some hope and order. Tao smiled a small smile at Xiumin and nodded. Tao felt holes being burned into to his back for a few minutes and then it all went away. Then, his teacher walked in, and Tao shut everything out but him. Listening intently, he began making mental notes.

Tao was very happy when his teacher announced that they'd get to  choose their lockers.

"First period starts in 10 minutes. There's  a 6-10 minute passing time. Depending on your routine." His teacher spoke with a deep calm voice. He seemed like a relaxed guy, with his hair in a pony tail and his clothes nothing short of perfect. The class all got up to put their things in their new lockers and such. The small gang went all the way to the end of the lockers, and began putting things in.  Tao could only hope that Baekhyun stayed clear of Kris and his crew. As much as Tao tolerated Chanyeol, and Suho for thatt matter, Kris himself scared Tao terribly. He was so scary and he could probably eat Tao up.  And Chen always had that calculating air about. And they were all popular. Unlike Tao. With great power and such. They could probably kill him and get away with it!

Tao tuned in to Xiumin and baekhyun's conversation to hear Xiu warning Baekhyun about the same thing.

"We're merely telling you to be careful, Hyunnie." Tao added quietly when he saw Baekhyun's heart broken expression. Xiumin nodded in agreement and Baekhyun sighed before smiling at them. He admired his friends thoughtfulness. "Yeah, I know."

 

----------------