Gramps

Two different worlds

                      It was 3 p.m and Lay was just walking around town. He originally had somewhere to be, but totally forgot what it was. 'Oh well,' he shrugged and smiled. Lay was a simple kind of person. One thing out of place wouldn't effect him too much.  Lay had much more to worry about. He rounded the corner of the street  to the cafe he loved. As he waited in line on the inside, someone tapped his shoulder. "Yixing! Haha."

Suho, one of his closest friends, was there, grinning brightly. Suho was wearing dark black skinny jeans and a black hoodie that was open, revealing a white shirt and a gold necklace, that complimented his converse shoes. He had a black beanie on, that was actually Lay's, and a pair of black glasses. He was dressed rather stylish, unlike Lay who went comfortable with loosely black skinny jeans and a large shirt. Lay smiled at Suho and gave him a sort of shoulder hug. "S'up, Gramps?" He joked.

Suho simply chuckled at the name and gestured for Lay to move upwords into the line. "Well. Nothing much. I was just getting coffee, as one does at a cafe, and saw you with your troubled face."

"I looked troubled?" Lay asked, his face now in concentration. 'I never would've thought I did..'

"Oh yes," Suho smiled. "Very troubled. Are you alright?" Lay sighed, moving up a bit in line.

"I was just thinking."  Suho nodded at his good friend and patted his shoulder, knowing very well that Lay enjoys keeping to himself.

"Whatever you're thinking about, don't stress it. Over thinking just means overreacting. That doesn't benefit anyone." Lay nodded at Suho's advice and decided that he'd stop thinking about....well, whatever he was thinking about that gave him a troubled face. 'What was I thinking about just then?' Lay pondered before jumping nearly 2 feet in the air and patting his pockets frantically.

Suho went from shocked at Lay's sudden movement to full on laughing. "Did you forget your wallet?" He asked through his chuckling. Lay pouted as he realised he forgot it at his shared apartment. Nodding he sighed.

"Well, I suppose I should get out of line so that you can get you coffee earlier." Lay said, his eyes still furrowed.

Suho grabbed onto Lay's arm. "Wait up for me outside, yeah?" Lay nodded, happy he could spend some time with  Suho. He was always with his more popular friends, Lay never really got a chance to talk to him outside of texting. Lay felt a tad bit insecure about their friendship at times, but it usually vanished when Suho smiled at Lay. Lay walked outside and sat on  a bench not too far from the cafe. Different types of people walked by Lay as he sat pondering about the strangest of things. Old people, small children, people touring an only visiting the country from America or England, kids his age. A group of 4 popular kids walked by, one of them a basketball player, one a soccer player, and the other two cheerleaders.

As they walked by Lay, who was quietly minding his own buisness, they muttered. "Nerd. I swear they're everywhere."

The group laughed and snorted loudly and kept walking thinking Lay didn't hear them. Lay frowned and looked down at his hands.  He didn't really need popularity, he had his friends. Baekhyun and Luhan were practically Lay''s twins, always planning pranks together and running around away from D.O who would yell at them. D.O was his room mate, always cooking  for Lay and giving him sweets. Xiumin would play games with Lay and would kindly remind him when he forgot something.  Tao would often just sit by Lay, listening to him play his guitar and sing. If Tao understood that Lay was upset when he was playing the guitar, he'd come sit right beside Lay and listen. When Lay was done witht he song, he'd  just sit there in silence with Lay, or maybe rub his back, showing some kind of affection.That kid may be immature and teased Lay often, but he was still nice. And then there was Suho...a good friend of Lay's. Offering advice and what not.  Who needed popularity when he had friends like that? Lay sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

     

     Suho stood in line, noting that he was next. He wanted to hurry up so that he could go with Lay and walk around. Relax with his good friend that he barely speaks to in person.  As Suho walked up to the counter he  noted that it was a girl from school working there. She grinned up at him, obviously knowing who he was, and said "Hi. I'm  Ming Zhe. What can I get you?"

Suho hummed. "Can I get 1 dark coffee and 1 bubble tea please?" Suho smiled. The girl looked over Suho's shoulder not seeing anyone besides him and looked confused, yet complied anyway.

"Sure," She said smiling and trying to be flirty. "Coming right up!" Suho just nodded, tring to be polite and stood quietly, observing the small coffee shop and hoping that Lay was still waiting for him.  Lay just might daydream off and then be confused as to why he was waiting there.  As she put the coffee on to get hot, she tried on. "Ohh~! You look very hndsome today, hyung." She grinned and Suho felt bad because she seemed to be trying so hard to flirt. Suho just smiled politely and mttered a small 'Thank you.' The girl thankfully got the hint that Suho wanted nothing to do with her and turned around, tapping her foot impatiently for the coffee. When it was done, Suho paid for the coffee and tea, grabbing them both off the counter.

"Thank you." Suho smiled. The girl just simply nodded her head, cheeks red from the rejection and Suho felt bad as he turned and walked out of the shop. He looked left and right, trying to figure out where Lay went. Panic rose in his chest. 'What if Lay left? What if he's hurt? What if someone kidnapped him? What if he's lost?' Questions raced through his mind and he began to breathe heavily until he noticed a mop of hair on a bench down the street. Narrowing his eyes, Suho bent forword a bit to see if it was really Lay. He decided to go check and walked down the street, stopping for cars and minding small children. As he got closer, he  noticed it was in fact Lay, who looked deep in thought. 'I wonder what's troubling my friend,' Suho wondered.

Suho grinned and tapped Lay's shoulder, making the latter jump up in suprise. "Ah!" He flinched. Realising it was Suho he relaxed. "Don't scare me like that, Suho~" He whined. Suho just laughed in return and handed Lay the bubble tea, still standing. Lay frowned. "Suho, you didn't need to get me anything."

Suho smiled and ruffled Lay's head. "I know, but I wanted to."

Lay bit his lip. "I can't take this." He shook his head. Suho pulled a fake hurt look and raised his now free left hand to his chest.

"I spent my money on you, and I'm taking care of you from the bottom of my heart. I do this with kindness and now you refuse?" Suho shook his head and covered his face.. His shoulders shook, not from tears but from pure laughter that he was holdin back. Lay shookhis hands.

"Ah~! No no no. I'll take it Suho! Please don't be sad." Lay took a sip of the tea. "See? I accepted it." Suho removed his hands and beamed at Lay.

"Good! Come on! Let's go for a walk."  Lay nodded, realising he's been played, and took a sip of the tea. He grabbed Suho's hand for support as he got off the bench and the two began to walk down the street. At first they began with small,  simple, boring, conversational topics but then they slipped into more deeper talks.

"It's a shame we can't see much of each other." Lay said honestly.  He stared ahead as they walked, slightly blushing as the truth came out of his mouth. Suho smiled, happy that Lay was sharing his mind.

"It is. I wish we had more opportunites to talk in person." Suho commented still smiling. Lay breathed in deeply, happy that he wasn't the only one feeling that way. He glanced at Suho and smiled before looking straight ahead again.

"I think we'll have more chances to talk at school in person."

Suho's eyebrows furrowed. "That'd be nice, but what makes you say that?" Suho knew popularity was a big reason why they didn't hang out much in school. He'd like to fool himself, make himself believe that it was schduels and the times, and that they were busy. But he knew deep down that it was the social ranking that kept them apart. He'd love to talk to Lay more often, he was a close and funny friend of Suho's, but the ranking was dreadful.  Lay simply shrugged and pointed up ahead. Suho looked and saw D.O and Kai sitting outside  at a picnic bench. There was a bag in between them and from what Suho figured, it contained food. Lay and Suho stood for a few minutes, watching Kai eat something and say something, making the shy Kyungsoo laugh out loud. Kyungsoo covered his mouth, Lay remembered he was very shy about his laugh, and looked down. He seemed to be apologising or something. Kai simply grinned and patted Kyungsoo on the back, laughing as well. Suho turned to Lay.

"Chen seems very interested in Xiumin." He said pulling on his chain. Lay  nodded.

"This should be an interesting year." It was silent as the two began to walk again away from Kai and Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

Xiumin was really happy as he layed on top of his already made bed. It was the afternoon and he was texting Chen, who was making him laugh. They were currently just rambling on and on about random things. Right now they were talking about movies.

To: Jongdae the great

From: Minseok the bun

Message:  Orphan was a creepy movie. XP That girl's face was scary and odd.

To: Minseok the bun

From: Jongdae the great

Message: Your face would be creepy if you were ina horror movie. :P

To: Jongdae the great

From: Minseok the bun

Message: Your face is creepy all the time. >:D Your like the mom from Mama.

To: Minseok the bun

From: Jongdae the great

Message: Have you seen that movie?

To: Jongdae the great

From: Minseok the bun

Message: Nope. I want to see it though. :{P

To: Minseok the bun

From: Jongdae the great

Message: Want to see it with me later on today? It's only like 3:30. We could see it at 5.

To: Jongdae the great

From: Minseok the bun

Message: Ah. :(  I usually have dinner at 6:30 p.m, though.

To: Minseok the bun

From: Jongdae the great

Message: It's okay, we can get dinner after. :)

To: Jongdae the great

From: Minseok the bun

Message: Ah. Okay! ^u^ I'll go get ready then. Bye Chen!

To: Minseok the bun

From: Jongdae the great

Message: Alright. I'll meet you at the cafe by the Rittu park  at about 5. We can drive to the movies after. Bye. :)

 

Xiumin put his phone in his pocket and smiled running a hand through his hair. He was going to see Mama with Chen! He was dying to see that movie. He wass going to eat out and..

wait..

Xiumin sat straight up in his bed. 'Park, movies, dinner...sounds..like a date." Xiumin blushed deeply and sprang up from his bed, going through all of his clothes. 'I better find Tao. He'd know exactly what I should wear.'

 

 

Chen was grinning ear to ear as he layed lazily on his bed, rereading his conversation with Xiumin. He managed to sneakily win a date with Xiumin. Trololololol. Chen stood up and went to his closet searching through all of his clothes. 'This is pretty much my one shot. It has to be perfect.' He thought with determination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai was suprised when he bumped into D.O. The latter had been sitting by himself on a picnic bench, watching children run by, and quietly muching on the food he brought. Kai, being ever so friendly, simply patted Kyungsoo on the shoulder and grinned down at him. D.O's eye were wide at first but then he soon smiled shyly at Kai.

"Hello.~" He smiled softly at Kai. Kai sat down across from D.O, not bothered at all by Kyungsoo's shy awkward personality.

"Hey! What's up?" He beamed, sending a bright white smile at D.O.

"Oh, not much, eating and watching the scenery.  Relaxing." He took out a dumpling. "Want some?"

Kai smiled. "You never run out of foo! BUt yeah, sure. Thank you!" He took the dumpling from Kyungsoo and ate slowly, savoring the taste. It was really good and he chewed slowly. D.O watched Kai closely, finding it amazing how Kai was so pleased with simple food. Kai looked at D.O and smiled.

"You're like magic, bro." He grinned.

D.O forgot all shyness as he laughed hard and loud at that comment. He squeaked and covered his mouth when he realised how stupid he was acting. "I'm sorry.." He muttered awkwardly.

Kai was smiling so bright it would put stars to shame. D.O's laugh was cute. "Hey! It's good to laugh!" He patted D.O on the back.  Kyungsoo forgot about his moment of awkwardness and smiled back at Kai.


  Sooo, I'm sorry for the late post buttttttt I like to look up facts about couples before I write about them. I was still debating on doing a SuLay part, so I wanted to to see their friendship. Mah gawd I barely found 11 or 12 facts. It was terrible.

 

 

GUYS I ACTUALLY GOT 100 SUBS. OHMAHGAWD. I'M UBER HAPPY. Thank youuuuuu~!

I love you all. I don't own the picture. Bai<3