Lunch for kings

Two different worlds

      Sometimes, Kyungsoo wondered why Luhan hung out with them. It was lunch time and they were all waiting in line for food. Luhan was ahead in line and was grinning and bobbing his head as girls awed and cooed at him."Ahhh~! One girls screamed. He's just like a doe with his cute little  face!"  D.O shook his head as Luhan sent him a wink before pulling a cute face for all the girls, much to their delight.They squealed rather loudly and Kyungsoo winced. Kyungsoo wasn't jealous, no, he was worried. Would Luhan leave? Would kids make fun of him for hanging out with the nerd crowd? He wanted no harm done to any of his friends, as much as it might hurt him. Baekhyun once brought up the concern as well.

 

"Luhan. If you're ever bullied because of us, you need to let us go." He said randomly one day a few years back. The entire group noticed how Luhan seemed a lot more popular than the rest, and that fan girls here get possesive and jealous. Luhan nodded but then looked up from his seat on the couch in their secret hide out.

"You are all my friends. Popularity means nothing to me. I would never leave you all alone. We are brothers. We are one." He spoke with pride and maturity.

The rest of the night was spent laughing, joking, or comforting Zitao, who cried after that powerful message.

 

Kyungsoo rememberd that night well. It was also the night he came out of the closet to his friends. It wasn't a big deal, actually, and apparently Lay and Baekhyun made a bet to see when D.O would come out. Kyungsoo shook his head and moved up in line, grabbing a chicken sandwich and ignoring the slight bumps from other kids, with a faint smile on his face. Lay had won, yet Tao got to eat the cake.

Tao stood behind Kyungsoo, with similar yet more depressing thoughts. He glanced at his friends and noticed how handsome and great all of them were. Luhan had open admirers while Kyungsoo had girls who fawned over him and his cooking from afar. Xiumin had girls squeal  about how strong he was when he walked out of the room. Guys and girls often talked about how amazing Lay was at dancing. Girls were jealous of Baekhyun, cause he could definitaly rock eyeliner more than them. But then..there was Tao.

People thought he was scary. They didn't like him. It was an unspoken thing amongst the group, but everyone knew Tao was the most bullied among them. He refused to use Wushu for harm. People thought Tao was emo, while others looked at him like a cry baby. Tao thought he brought the group down. Without him, the group would be so much better. They wouldn't even be called nerds anymore! They were all smart, yes, except Tao. Tao felt stupid. Tao felt like a baby. Sometimes, Tao felt that they only pitied him and that's why they were all friends.

Xiumin sighed from behind Tao, grabbing meat and a cupcake among other things, filling up his tray. He grabbed a rice cake too, noticing how Tao barely grabbed anything and put it on the other's  plate. He noticed the look on Tao's face and knew what was going on through his brother's head. Tao was too insecure, Xiumin thought shaking his head, he needs to relax.  Luhan stood smiling with Lay, who was  standing with a smirk on his face, and Baekhyun who naturally looked like he was posing for a magazine.  They stood patiently and Kyungsoo walked elegantly towards them. Finally, Xiumin and Tao walked with them, and halfway through Xiumin put his arm around Tao in an older protective brother sort of way, much to Tao's delight.  He really did love his hyung.  Xiumin was always so nice to him. They all walked to a table in the back near a window.

Tao sat in between Xiumin, who was on his left, and Baekhyun , on his right, while Lay was directly across from his seat. Kyungsoo sat right across from Baekhyun, and Luhan across from Xiumin.

Xiumin munched happily on his meat, The pretty boy no where in his mind, and Lay began talking.

"If Luhan's the manlier one out of all of us, are we freakishly girly?" He asked, referring to the fact that Luhan has his hair in a pony tail, and was pulling cute faces towards Tao to get him to give him food. Kyungsoo chuckled while Tao smirked at Luhan.

"Bish please.  That won't work on me. I'm the master of aegyo." To prove his point he brought his fist up to his face, "Buing Buing!"

Luhan cooed and Baekhyun patted Tao on the back, laughing.

"Xiumin!"  Kyungsoo scolded. "You're supposed to ENJOY the food, not shove it down your throat!" Kyungsoo glared at the other.

"Yes, mom, you're right," Xiumin began after he swallowed a lump of rice. "But this is how I enjoy the food. You should try it." He went back to shoveling food in his mouth after shooting a cheeky grin.

Lay smirked. "Maybe he should. If he wanted to choke..." Baekhyun glanced at Lay before smiling.

"Wouldn't be too bad. He'd stop nagging us. " Baekhyun added playfully, Lay and him mentally high fiving each other.

Kyungsoo gasped. "I thought you loved me!" He mocked hurt.

Tao smiled cutely at his hyung, unaware that  they were all just messing around. "It's okay, hyung, I love you!" Luhan awe'd at Tao's innocence while Lay gagged at the cuteness. Baekhyun and Xiumin shot Tao a soft smile.

Kyungsoo grinned widely. "I love you too, Taozi!" Handing Tao some cake from his plate. Baekhyun and Luhan cried out from disbelief while Xiumin laughed.

"Why does he get cake?!" Luhan protested. Baekhyun and Lay nodded in agreement.

"Because," Kyungsoo sniffed, "I love him more than you." D.O glared. "Don't you dare try to take away that cake from my innocent baby!" He added darkly, noting Luhan and Lay's hands close to Tao's tray.

"He's not a baby!" Bakehyun scoffed. Tao just sat happily muching on the cake, ignoring the chaos around him. "He knows wushu!"

Lay and Luhan nodded fastly while Xiumin swallowed a bit of rice he stole from Lay and looked at them seriously. "He cries over movies."

That seemed to wake Tao up from his happy trance. "They're scary!" Tao weakly defended. Baekhyun gave him a small smile and patted his back again, reassuringly.

"It's okay, Tao, we all love you anyway."

Lay gave Tao wide eyes and looked at him. "I'd love you more if you gave me cake. I'll be your bestest hyung!" He gave a wide smile for emphasis.

Tao smirked before eating the cake slowly. "Nah. I'm good."  He inwardly laughed at Lay's face as he begged Kyungsoo for cake too. Tao loved all of his brothers,even if it may or     may not be one sided love. Xiumin always looked out and cared for Tao, in an olderly brother way, and gave him somebody to hang out with if he was lonely. Baekhyun always smiled at Tao, giving him life advice and high fives. Lay always made Tao laugh  when he was down, and gave him silly love advice. Luhan helped Tao in school, also playing games with him. He was currently teaching Tao how to solve a rubix cube! Kyungsoo provided Tao with cake and hugs, always looking out for Tao and being protective of him.He gave Tao love Tao always wanted. Tao wanted to be the best little brother to all of his friends, helping in any way and never complaining.

Tao's friends loved Tao just as much. He was too cute, too innocent,he always provided help and put himself after everyone else.

 A shadow came across the table and the boys looked up to see Suho looking at them with a small smile.

The nerdy group all loved Suho. He was popular, heck yes, but he was so kind to them all. The group all trusted Suho. They couldn't really talk anymore, since he was popular, but at certain times like this, he would stop by and say hello. It was always a nice thing.

"Ahaha Yixing! Not too much trouble are you?" He teased, noticing the guilty look on Lay's face. He chuckled and Tao grinned up at his friend.

"Hello Hyung!" He said quietly. Suho reached over and ruffled Tao's hair before lightly smacking Lay's.

"He's trying to steal cake," Kyungsoo said with a hint of amusement in his voice. "The little thief!"

Xiumin shook his head, as if he were a father scolding his son, and tsked. Luhan nodded, faking disappointed, while Baekhyun just grinned. Suho laughed a small laugh.

"Ah! I see. Tsk Tsk, Lay." Lay put his head down, blushing. After a few more kind words to his fellow class mates, Suho turned to leave. "Y'know, Lay.." He drew out reaching on his plate.

"If you want cake, the best way to get it is to just ask." He gave Lay a stunning smile as he dropped a cake onto Lay's tray. Lay grinned widely.

"Thanks, hyung!" Suho smiled and nodded before waving and walking away back to his group, who were shooting him interested looks.

 

 

"Hey Suho.." Chen drew out. The group was sitting in the back as well, just on the other side.

"I didn't think you were serious when you said you knew them." Kai said, shoving some food in his mouth. It was a rather disgusting act, but girls still swooned from around him. He grinned.  Suho nodded.

"I guess you can say we're friends." As soon as those words left his mouth, Suho felt as if he was being interrogated.  There was a  certain air around the table. Kai was oblivious to it all.

"I met Tao today," Kai nodded still eating, "Seems alright." At this, Kris' head snapped to Kai's, narrowing his eyes slightly.

 

"I'm partners with Tao in English." He said. On  the exterior he seemed calm and cool,but on the inside he was raging with curiousity about the Panda faced boy. He wanted to know more other than the little he does, that much Suho could tell, and he happily granted Kris that.

"Tao's nice. He's a tad bit shy, a tad bit innocent when it comes to basic things, a bit of a bad when it comes to others. Real caring boy, yknow?" Suho smiled, remembering how after Lay introduced Suho to his friends, Tao threatened Suho if he ever hurt Lay. Suho was scared beyond anything in this world, but that all vanished when he saw how Tao had a whole collection of Gucci and cried over a movie. 'Aha, cute kid~' Suho thought to himself. Kris noticed the smile on Suho's face and got a tad bit jealous. Panda shunned him, but opened up to one of his best friends...

Chen had a calculating look on his face. He was trying to piece together everything he knew about Xiumin. "What can you tell me about Xiumin?" He asked quietly. Chen already knew he must've liked sweets, and was considered a nerd.

Suho didn't look suprised, but amused. It was about time his friends took care to learn about other people. "Well, he's strong and loves sweets. Actually, he just loves food. He's protective of his friends and sings when no one's around."

Chen straighted up in his chair from across Suho. "How would you know that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Baekhyun told me." That made Chanyeol look up from his carton of milk.

"Xiumin's nice. I'm partner's with him in Science. Adorableeee cheeks. Sehun and I made Bacon cry by accident though." Chanyeol frowned.

Suho looked worried. "What happened?"

Sehun bit his lip and handed Kai his soda. "Well, we sorta bumped into him. Literally. He fell to the ground. When he got back up - BOOM - he started to cry. Wasn't a pretty sight,and I feel terrible."

Suho relaxed. While, although he wasn't so close to the group that they would tell him all of their secrets, he had a feeling Byun Baekhyun was gay and had a crush on Chanyeol. His eyes always sparkled when Suho told his adventures with his friends and Chanyeol's name was mentioned. He was somewhat feminine and Suho didn't miss the times where Baekhyun's gaze would go over and linger on his tall friend. It didn't matter much to Suho, Kai was seductive and flirted with everything and  half of his friends were bi from what he could tell, except maybe Sehun. Nobody can really know what's going on in that boy's head. He always hid his intentions and thoughts behind a mask...

Suho figured that Baekhyun probably cried from embarressment, or maybe happiness, that boy was odd. Baekhyun was fine when Suho just saw him so he's over it.

"Don't worry about it you two," He added seeing Chanyeol's troubled face, "He was fine when I was over at that table."

Chanyeol exhaled a breath. Good thing. He couldn't stand it if someone hated him. He's happy virus after all. Suho smiled and Kris took a bite out of his sandwich.

"Kai calm down, you're going to choke. Sehun, eat more otherwise we won't be able to see you anymore!  And Chanyeol! Stop doing whatever your doing." Kris called out, half with concerned half joking. Sehun grumbled and ate some more rice. While Kai shrugged and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

Chanyeol blinked and looked to Suho and Chen who sat on either side of him before looking back at Kris. "But I'm only breathing?"

Chen snorted into his plate before looking up with a grin. "Exactly!"

It took Chanyeol a moment to figure out what that meant and why they were all laughing at him, but when he did, he threw a cookie  at Kris, who only smiled and lightly laughed.

 

"Hey Suho," Chanyeol asked suddenly, "How do you think Bacon would react if I went over and apologised personally?"

Suho smiled. 'He'd probably die of joy.' He thought, but didn't dare voice his opinion. "I think that'd be a great idea." He encouraged with a smile.

Sehun happily stopped drinking what he thought was bad tea and stood up with Chanyeol. "I'll go with you since it was partially my fault....and I hate this food." He mumbled the last part and Kris shot him a look that practically screamed, 'YOU WILL EAT HEALTHY OR SO HELP ME!'

 

Suho nodded and pointed to the table once more. Chanyeol and Sehun walked elegantly, Chanyeol somewhat nervous, to the table.

 

The 'Nerd Group' was currently discussing school subjects and Lay's unhealthy obsession for unicorns when they sensed something different in the atmosphere changed. They looked up to see THE Park Chanyeol along with super cool always calm Sehun right beside him.

Byun Baekhyun was usually a calm person. But he was inwardly freaking out when he saw Chanyeol, his long time crush, standing right before his table. He could hear slight whispers from  other students around him, yet he was more focused on making sure he wasn't hallucinating.Chanyeol wiped his hands on his jeans and smiled widely.

"Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol and this is my friend Oh Sehun. You might not know us," Chanyeol said kindly while Baekhyun inwardly snorted. 'I know you a hella a lot more than you think.' He thought. "But," Chanyeol continued, "We knocked you down earlier. We came to apologize since you ran off so distressed." Chanyeol clapped his hands together to show his sincerity while Sehun just waved.

The entire nerd group smiled all for  different reasons. Baekhyun, because his crush was talking to him. Xiumin, because of his friends childish actions. D.O, because his friend was happy. Lay, because he could totally sense some pranks in the near future. Luhan, because there was a handsome guy next to Chanyeol, and Tao for all of the above.

Baekhyun blushed and shook his head. "Ah, I'm Byun Bakehyun. I'm sorry I ran off so suddenly. Thank you!" Footsteps  were heard running towards them and something knocked Chanyeol over his hand and arm landing on Baekhyun's.

It was official. Baekhyun could now officially die a happy man. Chanyeol's arm was really soft. But as quickly as the moment started it ended as Chanyeol quickly got off of  Baekhyun and fixed himself before turning around.

"Gahhh! Jongin! Watch it!" He scolded. Sehun sighed and checked his watch.

"Sorry, Chanyeol!" Kai grinned. "You were taking a long time!" Kai looked past Chanyeol  to Tao."Hey Tao!"

"Hello, Kai!" Tao smiled and waved. Kai was slightly shocked, this was totally different from the Tao he met in the bathroom. Oh well, this Tao seemed a lot happier. Kai's eyes drited to a tray across from Baekhyun's and his eyes widened and his nose was greeted with an amazing smell.

"Gah~! That's not School food is it?" Kai asked referring to a stack of tarts in a metal box on Kyungsoo's tray.

D.O's eyes grew wider than they already were and he smiled. "Aha, no. These are mine. I made them. Would you like one?" Kai nodded and shoved a blushing Chanyeol and a poker faced Sehun aside. He held out his hand and D.O laughed at his child like manner. He handed a chocolate tart to Kai and watched him closely to see his reaction.

Kai looked at the tart for a while before slowly taking a bite and closing his eyes. He moaned from the goodness of it all, and opened his eyes to D.O, grinning. "It's very good!" He said after swallowing, minding his own manners. He may be messy all he wants with his friends, but he always made a good impression for others.

Kyungsoo smiled softly. "Hehe. Thank you very much!" After a moment he said, "You can take another one for later if you want!" Kai nodded in happiness and tried to wrap the tart up. Failing, D.O laughed and helped Kai, wrapping it the right way. Chanyeol was unaware of what was going on as he kept stealing glances at Baekhyun who blushed and would catch his gaze ever so often. Sehun had his arms crossed and his gaze down, trying to ignore the blush on his cheeks from the fact that a girlish boy was staring at him.  He looked up and tugged on Chanyeol's arm, trying to signal that they had to go before it was too late, but not wanting to speak in fear of embarressing himself. He didn't need to worry, he was popular after all, but he still had an incredible fear. It took a  few tugs until Chanyeol got what he meant and rose up to his full height.

"We gotta go," He smiled, "But it was nice meeting you all." Xiumin and Tao smirked at each other. The three boys left the group, Kai happy about his tarts, and went back to theirs.

A they at down, Sehun announced, "It went well." And nodded his head as if to reassure himself.

Kai grinned, "I GOT FOODDDDD!" He practically screamed, and he could faintly hear Kyungsoo laughing at him. Kai leaned back in his chair and waved to D.O, who gave him a thumbs up. He sat right in his chair again with a smile.

"I was forgiven." Chanyeol added thoughtfully.

"And Sehun got no action?" Chen smirked, high fiving Suho under the table with one hand, while dodging food from Sehun with another.

"Well...all's good then, huh?" Kris murmered.

 

Over in the nerd group, a similar conversation was happening.

"He smiled at meeeeeee!!!" Baekhyun squealed. "Did my hair look okay? How about my eyeliner?"

Kyungsoo smiled. "That one boy, Kai, enjoyed my cooking. That's good. I work hard for it."

Luhan bobbed his head. "Did you see the quiet one? Ohhh, he was cute." Xiumin chuckled, used to comments like that from Luhan while Lay stuck his tounge out.

 

The bell rang and both groups from either side of the room stood up.

"I have English next," Xiumin murmered. Kyungsoo patted him on the back and Tao gave him a sympathetic smile.

 

 

"I have English next," Chen said with disdain. Kris patted him on the back.

"It's okay. Rather easy."

 

 


Longest one yet, huh? Be sure to comment please!!! I like...legit, get super excited about Comments. <3

A little bit of SuLay in there too, huh? ;D Not sure if I should do that pairing yet. What do think?