Kai and Kyungsoo

Two different worlds

             Kyungsoo had to admit, as many times he yelled at his friends to stay away from the popular group, he himself had yet to listen. Here he was, holding his small lunchbox,  waiting like some loser for him to show up. Kyungsoo's cheeks burned in shame. Does he really have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for a small bit of contact?

 

But it was so different. Kai...he was interesting. He was so nice to D.O. Yeah, he begged him for food, but each day that came across Kai just seemed to glow even more. He wasn't like anything the older ever experienced before. He wasn't a player like all of the other popular kids Kyungsoo came across. He was polite...charming...beautiful...

...and popular. Kyungsoo pouted. That wasn't fair. 'If only I wasn't a nerd. But at least Kai doesn't care about popularity.' D.O thought with pride as he waited under their tree. They talked often, even after lunch and free period which today, was consecitive.  He was begining a great friendship with Kai. Heck, he even respected and trusted the kid already. Kyungsoo hummed happily, waiting patiently, with a small smile on his face.  It was slightly chilly but he'd wait. Kyungsoo gripped the bag harder as a breeze hit, not eating until Kai showed up.


                           Kai was casually walking down the hallways. His cheeks were red and his breathing was heavy as he held his hands in his pockets. A small female called after him.

"We can continue again later, right Oppa?" She sent him a flirtatious wink, causing Kai to chuckle. He nodded. He was always up for some fun..

He turned back around, feeling new and refreshed.  His face contradicted the cold harsh weather outside the windows he passed as he walked with no destination. As he walked his phone vibrated.

'10 minutes until lunch ends'. It reminded him. He set an alarm so he'd never forget through the day. His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to remember what he was supposed to do.

What was he supposed to do?

...

....

...

"KYUNGSOO." He shouted as he made a mad dash towards their tree. How could he forget the innocent older boy? Surely he wasn't still there? He must've already eaten and left.  Kai felt so guilty. Here he was fooling around and the other boy was probably hurt that he left him there without any consideration. He ran out and reached the tree with 5 minutes left. There he saw Kyungsoo still there, his head down, gripping the bag.

'He didn't eat?' Kai thought. He couldn't take the guilt anymore and walked to D.O.  The elder looked up but smiled brightly.

"Hi, Kai." He said kindly. Kai's eyes hardened in shame as he smiled back.

"Hi, D.O. Sorry I'm so late..."

"It's okay." D.O bobbed his head. "I'm sure you had a good reason!" Kai inwardly moaned. He practically stood Kyungsoo up and yet the elder was smiling at him like he was the sun.

"Aha...uhm. You didn't eat?" Kai gestured his head to the bag.

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No..it'd be rude. I'm sorry, but it's probably cold by now. I couldn't keep it warm." He replied sadly.

Kai smiled. "How about I treat you after school to a snack at the nearby cafe? It'd be fun." Kyungsoo grinned.

"I'd love to."

The bell rang and the two walked to math together, smiling. Kai, with a pang in his heart. Kyungsoo with a smile etched on his face.


    "Hey Kai, right?"

Kai turned around in the hallway  and saw Minho, the school's baseball captain,  standing there with his gang of friends. It was the second to last period. Kai's breath hitched in his throat. Minho was also very popular. Combining forces with him would be good for Kai's reputation, so he'd better be nice.

"Yeah. Why?" Kai's cool demeanor  totally different from what Kyungsoo sees.

Minho smirked and rubbed his head. "You're pretty cool, right?"

Kai shrugged slightly. "I guess so."

"Why don't you hang with my friends after school?"

Kai smirked. All the students in the hallways were watching them.

"Cool."

"See you in Science, bro."


  Kai kept walking after that and bumped into another kid he knew.

Tao.

 

"Hi Kai." Tao smiled at him.

"Hey Ninja. What's up?"

"Nothing much. I got P.E and then English. You?"

"Dance then science." Tao nodded and patted Kai on the back.

"Good luck. Gotta go, though, my turn's right here." He gestured to a hall on their right with his hand. "I'll see you later?"

Kai nodded. Tao was a pretty chillaxed kid. He was also funny. He'd definatly talk to him again. "Get Kris to give you my number in English. Cool?"

Tao nodded and crossed over into the right hall. "Cool." He called back. Kai walked off to gym to see that kid Suho's always with. Also a nerd.Kai approached him. It's always nice to make new friends.

 

 

Him and Lay talked for a bit. Lay was a tad bit shy, but  warmed up to Kai when he realised he was Suho's friend.  Jongin concluded he was a funny guy. Halfway through the dance class, Kai decided to take a break by sitting on a bench. Unfortunately, he wasn't alone.

"Kai Oppa~!" Two girls giggled at the end not too far from him. One had her hair dyed blonde and in pony tail. She had fair skin,  pink glossy lips, and wide green  eyes. Only a slight blush was found on her face. Overall, she ws beautiful, but Kai wondered how much makeup she put on to look like a doll. Same thing for the other girl. She had long shiny brown hair in a braid that came across her back. Her eyes were large and also had a doll look with the large blue contacts. Her lips were a duller pink than the other girls, and her makeup was more neautral. Kai shrugged to himself.He  was bored.

He sent them a dashing smile. "Hello ladies." They giggled to themselves and on some level Kai felt that D.O's laugh was cuter.

Kai chuckled and decided to humour himself some more. "What were you two talking about?"The two girls giggled and looked at each other, murmuring quietly. The blonde one turned back to Kai and the Blue eyed one leaned in her seat to look at Kai better. The blonde one acted cute and was  waving herhands all around while her friend bobbed her head.

"We were just talking about this nobody," The blonde girl blinked slowly. Kai raised his eyebrows to urge her to continue.

"He's kind of a nerd. He's so girly and weird with these buggy eyes and odd clothes."She said. Kai tilted his head.  That did seem odd.

"He sorta mumbles to himself sometimes. He's like a girl and cooks. He's really bad at sports." The blonde's friend piped up. She nudged her friend with her elbow. "Tell him about the weirdo and teachers, Paige."

'Paige' nodded her head. "He always stays behind to help teachers. Does his homework everyday and he's pretty much a up. Right, Brooke?"

'Brooke'  nodded. Kai was curious. "What's this kids name?"

The girls looked at each other and mumbled quickly, obviously trying to comeup with a name fast to please Kai. Paige turned back to Kai.

"Do. Do Kyungsoo. Weird, huh?"

Kai felt his heart stop. He froze and a huge ball rose in his throat. He never realised how much of a nerd D.O was. Should he defend Kyungsoo or ignore him? He looked at the girls and smiled nervously.

"Yeah. Weird."


I'm so sick. In sooo much pain, it . :P I had more in mind, but i decided to just give y'all this since I'm behind.

Please comment. They quite literally make my day. <3 Thinking of doing something for easter. Haven't decided.

Byeee~ <3