Tao makes a new friend.

Two different worlds

 

(A/N: Warning! This chapter mentions abuse. Just putting that out therefor those who thought this would be all fluffy and sweet. It only mentions, though.)

 

        Tao was never one to complain. He never went against someones wishes. He did stand his ground at some points, but usually broke down and submitted. He was a good kid, as he was often told by people other than his parents. Tao's mom was very proud of him, but his dad..not so much. He would spend hours upon hours practicing Wushu among another types of martial arts. He'd go days without eating to please his dad. He earned many bruises from practicing...and sometimes even from his dad, when he didn't do good enough.

"Take in the pain...never burden others....be a man." His father often told him with a stern look and a rigid voice before leaving Tao alone in the dark to think, wonder, and wish.

So here was Huang Zi Tao. Standing in the boys blue  bathroom. With a stranger. Taking in all the pain..

"Y-yes?" Tao called out, scared almost. And hated how weak he sounded. He didn't really like talking to people other than his friends, and Tao wanted to get out of there more than anything. The stranger,it seems, was havinng seconds thoughts too, but deciding to stand his ground he spoke.

"Are you..okay? Like, really okay?"  The stranger had a knowing look in his eyes that made Tao reconsider his initial answer to just say yes and bid him goodbye. He studied the stranger closely, taking in his carefree appearence yet modest  caring eyes. Tao tilted his head to the side, and let out a small sigh. He decided to not answer that specific question and instead just asked,

"Who are you?"

The stranger nodded, almost like he was expecting that answer or an answer similar. "My name's Jongin. Please, call me Kai."His voice was somewhat deep but had a soft after effect.

Tao bowed his head a bit and respected his wishes. Like always. "Tao. Just Tao. "

Kai bit the inside of his cheek and gave a sad smile.  "I'm not exactly sure what you're going through, but I can assure you, it gets better." Kai himself almost laughed. Here he was, in a bathroom of all places, giving advice to a stranger about a bruise he saw. That bruise could've been from anything. Kai's eyes flickered to Tao's, judging by his intimidated pose, he assumed not. Still, Kai was a popular guy. Good looks, good grades, maybe a rough past but overall he was perfection. Was it really him, who stood in a bathroom handing out advice? Kai lightly looked Tao up and down. He seemed odd. With a black dress up shirt and white jeans. His red tie was done perfectly and he had glasses on. He looked somewhat nerdy. Good looking, sure, but nerdy none the less. But when Kai saw the depth in Tao's eyes, any regrets he had flew out.

Tao just nodded his head. Sure, it was odd that Kai had given him life lessos in a bathroom, but it was advice Tao needed. His friends know about Tao's strict dad, they just didn't know to what extent his dad would go through. Before Kai came, he was ready to break donwn. Maybe Kai didn't solve his broken heart and his aching chest,but he restalled some hope."It's nice...hearing that from someone else." Tao looked Kai in the eyes and saw no pity. Just understanding. 'No pity,' Tao repeated in his head. He hated pity. This was a refreshing change.

"Well, Tao," Kai grinned, "What class are you off to?"

"English. Tao pulled the same face he made for Baekhyun, and Kai also laughed. Tao wasn't very good in English, but decided to take it anyway.

"Ahhh, my friend Kris is in there."

Tao froze. He looked at Kai more closely and began to notice how good looking he was. Does that mean he was talking about THE Kris? Tao recognized Kai now from Kris' gang, He was Kai the seductive dancer who could woo any guy or girl,  and Tao wanted to faint from fear. He hadn't forgotten Kris gaze. For some reason, Kris terrified him.

Kai seemed to notice he had said something wrong. He took a step closer to Tao and lightly touched his shoulder. "You ok?"

Tao snapped out of it and smiled while nodding. He glanced at his watch. "I have 2 minutes to get to class. See you later, Kai, thank you!"

Kai nodded as Tao ran out. 'At least I helped him?' Kai thought.

 

When Tao got to class, he was 2 miutes late. Unfortunately, in that time, they had chosen seats for the year. The teacher didin't yell at Tao, merely told him to take an empty seat sinceit was the firt day. The problem?

It was next to Kris Wu himself.

Tao gulped nervously and walked to the back to Kris. The other kids were already getting started on a partner activity. Tao sat down in his seat as far as he could from Kris. Kris' eyes were shut and Tao took that time to study him. He was really handsome, with fine air and defined eyebrows His lips were perfect. Then, his eyes flashed open and Tao jumped a bit in his seat. Kris straightened up a bit in his and after a moments silence, spoke up, his voice deep and calm.