Chapter 9

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

What the crap is Minah doing here? And why does she look all pretty again?

I scrutinize her carefully, taking in her professionally applied makeup and expertly styled hair and clothing.

So she is a model.

And despite the fact that I despise her, I have to admit... 

She cleans up nicely.

Very nicely.

But who cares. Minah .

Suddenly Suho exclaims next to me, “Oh my- is that Glam? The Glam?!”

“I think it is!” Lay gasps. 

 "GLAM!” Tao screeches, and all the hot chicks and every single member of Exo- excluding me and Sehun, who mutters something about not needing a supermodel when he has Yuni- sprints up to her, squealing.

“Glam, I’m such a huge fan! You’re so cool and pretty!” Kyungsoo gushes. Everyone nods profusely.

What the actual frick.

So my friends are all fans of Minah- or Glam, should I say?

I’ve never even heard of Glam. What kind of a model name is that, anyway?

And how do they not recognize her as Kim Minah, the creepy girl in the Management department? The resemblance is so obviously clear. 

 “Um, Chanyeol, your eyes look like they’re going to pop out of their head,” Sehun laughs. “We know she’s pretty, you can go get her autograph if you want.”

“Wha- Sehun, can’t you see?!” I sputter.

“See what?”

“Who that really is!”

Sehun scratches his head. “Um, it’s Glam, right? The supermodel?”

I smack my forehead. “You guys are unbelievable,” I mutter. “You can’t even recognize someone that goes to our own school.”

“Huh? What was that?” Sehun asks.

I’m about to explain that it’s really Minah over there, totally transformed from her usual loser-like self, but I suddenly remember my deal with her. I’m not supposed to reveal her secret, or else she’ll reveal mine.

“Never mind,” I huff, shaking my head. 

“You’re even prettier up close,” Kris grins, trying to flirt with Minah.

She gives him a smile that doesn’t quite reach her eyes. “Really, now?”

“Of course you are!” Kai laughs. “You’re one of my idols, you know that?"

Minah raises her eyebrows.

And then it hits me.

I know exactly how Minah must be feeling right now.

At school, we all treat her like a strange weirdo, always tormenting her and making fun of her.

But now, when she’s all pretty and sophisticated, they’re treating her like a goddess. Just because her external appearance has changed, and she's someone famous.

My eyes meet with Minah’s, and we quickly look away.

No. No pity for that conniving witch. She deserves this.

Actually... she doesn't. 

My thoughts are interrupted by our photoshoot director, the one and only Kim Yoonki, clapping his hands. “Okay, everyone, let’s get this shoot started!” he says. “So the concept of this shoot is 'inner feelings'. Every member of Exo will be posing with one of the female models-,”

“I call Glam!” Xiumin says.

“No, I call Glam!” Baekhyun argues.

Soon, all 12 members of Exo- excluding me and Sehun again- are fighting over who wants to be Minah’s partner.

She’s staring at them like they’re all crazy.

Well, they are.

“Hmm, why don’t we let Chanyeol be with Glam?” Yoonki suggest, grinning at me. “You’ll look great together.”

My jaw drops. 

"Wh-What?!" Minah sputters. 

I stride up to Yoonki and pull him aside. “Yoonki, why did you do that,” I hiss. “I think I made it perfectly clear from my expression and actions that I don’t like her-,”

Yoonki chuckles. “Relax, relax! You don’t have to play ‘hard to get’, or whatever you kids call it these days. I got you covered.” He winks and then walks to the front of the room, where all the cameras and lights are set up.

"Let's get this shoot started!" he exclaims.

Minah and I slowly turn to each other.

From the expression in our eyes, it seems like we both agree on something right now:

This is going to be the most painful experience ever. 

A/N: So Yoonki thought that Chanyeol really liked Minah, and he's just acting like he doesn't like her so he can be all "hard to get" and gain her interest or something. Yeah. Well. Hahaha oh gosh.