Chapter 36

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

I screech like a banshee. “Chanyeol, oh my god!” He’s not moving. Did I seriously knock him out with a volleyball?

“Everyone out of the way!” I yell, and, mustering all my strength, lift Chanyeol up bridal-style and attempt to carry him back to the hotel.

I say “attempt” because I don’t get 5 feet carrying him. Instead, I end up dropping him on the beach sand and collapsing over him in pain. Carrying a teenage boy is a lot harder than I expected. My arms are now throbbing from his heavy burden. Great.

Lay barrels over to Chanyeol and tosses him over a shoulder like a sack of flour. “I’ll take him up to his room,” he assures me. “Don’t worry about it.”

“I’ll come with you,” I tell him and follow Lay as he carries Chanyeol through the hotel and up the elevator. We receive extremely strange stares from everyone in the place. I feel a blush creeping up my neck. 

“This is mortifying,” I whisper, but Lay murmurs, “Imagine how it must be for Chanyeol.”

I snort with laughter.

Finally, we reach Chanyeol's suite. Lay plops Chanyeol down on his bed and heads out the door. “You coming?” he asks.

“I’m going to stay with him,” I inform him. “I’m the one that hurt him. Besides, I owe him from yesterday anyway.”

Lay shrugs and closes the door, leaving me alone with Chanyeol. 

This would be a very tense situation if it were not for the fact that he's asleep right now. 

Sighing with boredom, I walk around Chanyeol’s suite, poking through his stuff and nosing around his belongings. I throw open the closet and pick out the clothes that I like the best. I go to the bathroom and spend a century sniffing his aftershave (hey, it smells like him). I go to his nightstand and ruffle through the mess of papers and pens lying on it.

Suddenly something catches my eye.

A corner of a glossy photograph stands out amidst the papers on the desk. I hurriedly move aside the white sheets until I uncover a 3 x 5 photograph of me and Chanyeol.

It’s from the shoot we did together ages ago; the one where we had to be all sultry, and then act all cute. In this picture, Chanyeol and I are cuddled up with each other, my head on his lap and his arm circled around my waist. My eyes are closed, a content smile on my face, while he's beaming at the camera. 

My heart fills with happiness. Chanyeol and I look like an actual couple in this picture. My mind flashes back to the day of the photoshoot. The two of us hated each other and we were so annoyed at that photoshoot director... what was his name, Yoonki? 

“One day, when we’re a real couple, we’ll take super cute couple photos together, just like this,” I promise myself.

Suddenly I hear a soft “Minah?” from the bed.

I quickly place the picture back down on the nightstand and whirl around to Chanyeol, praying that he didn’t hear that last remark of mine. “Chanyeol? Are you feeling better now?”

“Ow, my stomach,” he winces. “I can’t believe you spiked that ball at me.”

“Sorry,” I apologize. “Is there anything I can do for you to make you feel better?”

Chanyeol thinks for a moment, then replies, “Massage me" with a cheeky grin. 

I frown. “Massage you? That’s ridiculous.”

“Owww, my stomach,” Chanyeol moans, clutching his tummy. “It hurts so much... I can’t believe I have to live with the pain..,”

I sigh. He sure knows how to make me feel guilty. “Fine. Turn around,” I tell him, and Chanyeol gleefully flips over so that he’s lying on his stomach.

Cracking my knuckles, I quickly bring down my hands on his back in a quick chopping motion, causing him to yelp.

“This isn’t a massage, this is abuse!” he whines, rubbing his back. “Massage me properly or it doesn’t count.”

I roll my eyes and slowly knead his shoulders with my hands. Chanyeol lets out a satisfied hum. “This feels so good,” he murmurs. “Oh, Minah…,”

My face turns bright red. “Stop talking,” I tell him. “You’re making everything embarrassing.”

“Why?” he asks, flipping over so that he’s lying on the bed, looking up at me, and I’m directly above him. “Are you afraid of me telling you that it feels good when you touch me like that?” He whispers the last sentence in my ear.

Goosebumps appear on my skin. “Stop,” I mumble, looking away. My face is probably hot enough to fry eggs on by this point.

Chanyeol grabs my wrist and looks straight into my eyes.

“I thought you would like this, judging by the fact that you were speculating about our future couple photos not 10 minutes ago,” he teases.

I freeze. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. He heard that?!

 


 

yeah so like it was 3 in the morning and i was kinda delirious when i wrote this so sorry for the awkwardness lol