Chapter 13

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

I stare at myself in my mirror, uncomfortably readjusting my tie.

]I seriously do not want to go to the party at all. Even though I look pretty fresh, I don't want to spend all night at some stupid social event.

But, of course, all I need is to attend the party for a few minutes and say hi to Soo Man, so I can make him think I'm at the party.

Then I can get out of there and head to the arcade.

In fact, I’m even wearing my street clothes underneath my suit so I don’t have to spend the whole night in formal wear.

I hear a knock at the door. “The chauffeur’s here!” Baekhyun calls. “Hurry up!”

Several minutes later we arrive at the Bella Mansion, a huge, fancy white building surrounded by shining lights and beautiful flowers. The place looks like a throwback to the American Colonial houses. A red carpet is rolled out to the entrance, and photographers and camera men and- of course- screaming fans are huddled up behind the velvet rope that separates the carpet from the street.

As soon as I step out the limo along with the other members of Exo, everyone goes wild.

“EXO!” they screech. “Chanyeol! Look, it’s Park Chanyeol!”

I grin widely, trying to hide the fact that my ears are throbbing and my vision’s getting blurry from all the flashing cameras.

Get me out of here. Please. Get me out of here. 

Thankfully, we manage to enter the building in one piece, although Kai almost lost one of his cuff links because of a particularly... enthusiastic fangirl.

As soon as we walk in, an usher leads us to a grand ballroom in the mansion.

I frantically search around for Lee Soo Man. Finally, I spot a short, black-haired man laughing with a few old, wealthy-looking couples near the refreshment table.

Bingo.

“Mr. Lee Soo Man,” I say, making my way over to him. “Hi. I’m here.”

“That’s great, Chanyeol." he nods. 

“Mhm,” I nod frantically. “Uhh, yeah, I’ll just be around here… talking, socializing… eating… you know,” I gesturing wildly around the ballroom.

 “Well, actually, would you do me a favor and this lovely young lady around tonight?" Soo Man asks. I groan. Great. ? Is he serious? 

Soo Man drags a girl to us. "Here she is!" he says, and I double take. 

Holy-

It’s Kim Minah.

Her long, black hair is slightly curled and artfully arranged, showing off her swanlike like neck to perfection. 

She must have done something to her eyes, because they look even larger and... shinier. I could get lost in her eyes forever.

Her dress is dark blue and reaches her mid-thighs, flaunting her curves and long legs.

She walks gracefully, despite the fact that she’s wearing 4-inch high heels.

And her lips.

Oh her lips.

Who knew they could be so-

I quickly tear my eyes away from her. 

When she sees me, her face turns pink. “Chanyeol?” she says.

“Minah.” I reply coldly. The flustered expression on her face disappears, to be replaced with one of dislike.

She still looks hot, though.

“Well, you two have fun,” Soo Man smiles and walks away, winking.

You know what, I bet the old nut planned this on purpose. 

He must have known that I was planning to sneak out tonight. 

Actually, I’m tempted to stay at the party the whole night, just to see Minah.

I don’t like her like that, of course.

I don't have any emotional attachment to her, except extreme annoyance.

She’s just really y. 

Unfortunately, even the allure of spending a few hours with an attractive girl doesn't compell me to stay at this party. I don't like socializing and I don't like Minah.

So I'm definitely going to escape. 

“Uh…,” Minah scratches her head. “Um. So.”

“I’m going to the bathroom.” I tell her curtly, and hurry away.

When I’m positive I'm out of her sight, I look around a few times to make sure no one's looking.

And I quickly sprint out the back exit of the Bella Mansion.

I'm free. 

Time to go beat my own high score.