Chapter 8

By Day, By Night

Minah POV

Chanyeol had strided over to me and stared me straight in the eye.

"We're... partners," he muttered.

Typical. Just typical. I get to be the one Performing Kid that I hate the MOST in the world.

Mrs. Han dismissed us after we found out our partners. “The fun will start tomorrow, kids!” she exclaimed enthusiastically as we all sprinted out the doors.

Fun, my .

I’m going to die.

Why did I have to get stuck with Chanyeol of all people?

Life is not fair.

It’s going to be super awkward working and talking with him everyday.

But I really want that internship with SM or LOEN. It'll look spectacular on my resume. 

I’m slowly trudging home, hands in my pockets, when my cell phone buzzes.

“Hello?” I say, picking up.

“Minah, I have some great news,” Manager Chon says excitedly. “You have a modeling gig tonight. Guess who it’s with?”

I groan. “Manager, do I have to-,”

“It’s with Exo! You know, that big guy group!” she squeals. “Do you know how much money you’re going to get?”

I freeze.

Exo means Chanyeol.

Exo means the rest of the popular monkeys at school.

I’ll be posing up close with them.

They’re going to realize that I’m really Kim Minah, the dork that goes to their school.

My cover will be BLOWN.

“M-Manager, I absolutely cannot do this,” I squeak. “Exo go to my school. They-,”

“Minah.” Manager Chon’s voice turns cold and hard. “If you don’t go, there will be severe consequences.

 I gulp. “Okay, fine,” I whisper. “What time are you picking me up?”

“I’m not dropping you off there,” Manager Chon tells me. “I... don’t think Exo would be too happy to see me. Mr. Hwang is picking you up at 5.”

She immediately hangs up, leaving me confusedly staring at my cell phone.

What did she mean, they wouldn’t be too happy to see her? Do they know each other?

Suddenly I realize that it’s 4:50, and I'm still not home yet. “Crap,” I hiss, and sprint home. I arrive at my house right as Mr. Hwang pulls up to my house.

"Get in,” he says, unlocking the doors. I obey and Mr. Hwang speeds away, driving for what seems like forever, until we reach a huge skyscraper with shiny windows.

SM Entertainment, it reads.

“Call me when you’re done,” Mr. Hwang says, and whizzes away, leaving me standing alone in front of the SM Building.

Great.

I nervously tiptoe into the building, looking around to make sure no one from Exo is around. When I enter the lobby I head straight for the receptionist’s desk.

“May I help you?” the receptionist asks in a condescending voice, looking over me from head to toe and wrinkling her perfect little plastic-surgeried nose.

I flash her my ID and her eyes widen to the size of saucers.

“G-Glam?" she stutters. "You’re the Glam? Oh my goodness, I’m such a big fan!”

Wow. This lady was acting all rude to me when she thought that I was just some plain little girl, and now she’s practically throwing herself at me when she knows I’m famous.

Typical.

“Um, I’ll you to the makeup department personally!” the receptionist says. She hops out of her smooth black leather chair and leads me to a transparant elevator, where she presses a silver button that reads “10”. When we finally arrive at the 10th floor, she points to a door down the hallway.

“The stylists are in there to get you ready. It was such a pleasure meeting you,” she gushes.

As soon as I walk through the door it’s the same drill: hair and makeup and wardrobe stylists swarm me, simultaneously slathering cream on my face while straightening my hair and picking out which dress fits me best.

But the people here at SM are quiet though; they’re not as talkative and friendly as some of the other stylists I’ve met. It’s a little awkward and uncomfortable. 

But they are amazing at their job. When they’re done with me I look absolutely gorgeous.

“Come with me,” one of the hair stylists tells me, and she takes me to a large white room next to the styling room. It's filled with lighting equipment and random beechwood tables.

All 12 members of Exo are there, standing in a corner chatting around. A few other female models are standing around them as well, making conversation.

When we open the door, they all turn to us.

They see me.  

A/N: I haven't updated in forever ahaha. Sorry. And GOD ISN'T DO HWE JI SO PRETTY? She has these really cute, smiley pictures, but then she has these awesome y pictures too.