Chapter 11

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

I have to get out of here before something happens.

Minah is, without a doubt, absolutely stunning.

If I have to do these couple poses with her for any longer, I’m going to explode. 

What is up with her eyes? How are they so... innocent-looking and warm?

And I never noticed her smooth, pale skin under her frizzy hair.

She smells like vanilla.

I think I’m going to pass out.

Minki makes us do a few more y poses, like one where Minah had to literally crouch down and hug my legs (I would have started snickering but it was just as embarrassing for me) and one where we had to get up close, face-to-face, our lips hovering above each others', and stare at each other intently. 

I admit: I was this close from pulling her closer and-

Whoa. WHOA. What am I thinking?!

Finally Minki claps his hands and says, “Now we’ll start on the cute poses!”

Minah coughs. “Um, sir, I don’t think I feel very good. I feel like throwing up.”

“What? Why? Is Chanyeol that repulsive?” Minki laughs, and the rest of the tech guys, Exo, and female models start laughing. My face turns red.

“Uhh… no.” Minah scratches her head. “I just-,”

“Why don’t we just finish it off with a few more poses, okay?” Minki asks her kindly, and she nods reluctantly. “Okay, now you two sit down on the floor next to each other and cuddle.”

My jaw drops. “No.” I whisper. “No. No. No.”

“Do it!” Soo Man commands from behind the cameras. I cringe. He already pressured me into doing those saucy shots with Minah. Is he seriously doing this to me again?

I grab Minah’s hand and pull her down. “What are you doing?” she hisses.

“We have to do this,” I inform her. I’m met with a befuddled expression.

“Why?” she asks. I note that her face is bright pink. I bet that she's feeling the same way about this shoot as I am. 

I smirk. “Why, are you getting embarrassed? Am I turning you on or something?” I ask her.

I don’t mention that that’s exactly what she’s doing to me.

“I am not!” Minah screeches indignantly.

“Is there a problem?” Minki asks. Minah and I shake our heads furiously. “Okay, then cuddle!” he says. 

I awkwardly pull Minah close to me and nuzzle my head in her hair. I can’t say I don’t enjoy this a little bit.

But it’s evident by Minah’s stiff movements that she finds no pleasure in this whatsoever. It’s actually a little funny.

“Loosen up, Glam,” Minki tells her. “Don’t be so rigid!”

Minah’s muscles tense up even more. “Relax,” I murmur in her ear, causing her to startle with surprise.  “We’ll get this over with faster if you just-,”

“Okay, okay, just shut up.” Minah groans. Gradually, she loosens up.

“That’s the way!” Minki says encouragingly. “Rest your head on Chanyeol’s shoulder.”

Minah complies and I grin satisfactorily. Yup, I’m enjoying this a lot more than I should.

As we pose as a cute, loving couple, I come to a realization.

I know we’re at a modeling shoot with at least 50 people watching us.

I know we dislike each other.

But I can’t help but feel a calm sense of peace when we’re just cuddling next to each other.

Is this how Sehun feels around Yuni?

“Okay, that’s a wrap!” Minki exclaims, and the bright lights turn off. “Nice work, you two!”

 \Minah and I stand up and uneasily look at each other.

“Let’s… just pretend this never happened.” she says.

I shrug. “Fine.”

Suddenly I see Soo Man come up behind Minah and tap her on the shoulder. “Miss Glam? I’m a huge fan!”

Minah bows. “Hello, Mr. Lee. How are you?”

“I’m well.” Soo Man nods. “Miss Glam, we are having a special party for SM employees. I would be honored if you would come as well.”

Wait, a party? I groan internally. God, I hate parties so much. Why didn’t Soo Man tell us?

“I would love to come!” Minah smiles.

Wait, what? Minah likes parties? Wasn’t she supposed to be an antisocial person that hated interaction with people?

Yet another thing I learn about her. 

A/N: LEAVE COMMENTS AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER! Thanks to IIVEEH, ForeverSeoulMate, minka_ichigo911211, KindergartenGirl, Jimmyliu, lovenemo, and NinaKey19 for leaving comments and making my day! :)