Chapter 21

By Day, By Night

 

Minah POV

For the hundredth time, I attempt to concentrate on my Project Management homework.

And for the hundredth time, I fail.

I don’t know why I’m so gloomy about him.

I need to stop caring about him.

Suddenly I hear the sound of a door opening and closing. Looking up, I squeal joyfully.

“Mom!” I exclaim, running into my mother's outstretched arms.

“Hi, honey,” she smiles, her eyes crinkling up at the corners. Despite her smile I can see the weariness in her eyes. “How was your day?”

I wrinkle my nose. “Okay, I guess. How was work?”

“There was a backup on the shipment of screws we were supposed to receive, so work got delayed. But the factory line eventually started running again,” she shrugs. “Sweetie, could you do me a huge favor and pick up Won Bin from Slappy’s? I have to get started on dinner.”

I stiffen.

Slappy’s = Chanyeol.

But I don’t want to make Mom go all the way back and pick up Won Bin.

So I exhale and murmur, “Sure thing.”

The first thing I notice when I get to Slappy’s is a huddle of rambunctious boys crowded around a tiny little console game.

“They must be having a gaming marathon or something,” I shrug. One of the boys turns towards me, but I quickly turn away, in the fears that he saw my face and possibly recognized me. 

Navigating around the arcade, I spot Won Bin’s tiny little black-haired head playing his favorite Mario video game.

Strangely, Chanyeol doesn’t seem to be anywhere.

Thank god.

“Won Binnie, it’s time to go,” I say, lifting up Won Bin by the waist and picking him up.

“Awww, I just got to the next level,” my brother pouts.

“Too bad, man. We have to go home.”

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder.

Whirling around, I barely manage to stifle a scream.

It’s Lay.

What the hell is he doing here.

Wait a minute. My jaw drops. What if those huddle of boys were-

Exo. They’re here. At Slappy’s.

No wonder Chanyeol isn’t here. He probably saw them and then ran away, or hid somewhere.

“I knew it! It’s Glam!” Lay exclaims, clapping his hands excitedly. “I didn’t get to really talk to you during the photoshoot, can I have your-,”

And then he abruptly cuts himself off.

"Wh-What?" I squeak, stuttering nervously. Lay's staring at me in a strange way.

“Now that I’m looking at you closer... you look like someone else I know...,” Lay pulls me closer towards him and scrutinizes my face, squinting in the darkness of the arcade.

“Minah, let’s go,” Won Bin moans tugging on my shirt.

Everything seems to freeze as Won Bin's words sink in to me and Lay's minds.

OH NO.

“MINAH?!” Lay yelps, jumping away from me, but before he can say another word or call over the rest of Exo, I slap my hand over his mouth and drag him behind the Super Mario game console. 

“Lay, please shut up,” I beg, but he quickly removes my hand from his mouth.

"You’re... you’re Glam?! Kim Minah, the quiet girl, is Glam the supermodel?!” he says, astounded. “But how? How didn’t I notice this before? You look so... different.” He eyes my face, looking utterly confused. “Where did your acne go? And your hair is brushed and-,”

“Oh, get over it,” I snap. “Minah isn’t really actually an ugly creepy nerd, she’s actually a beautiful supermodel. Take a picture, why dontcha.”

“Sorry,” Lay apologizes, still staring at me. I sigh.

“All I’m asking is that you don’t tell anyone. Please.” I hold out my hand. “Do you promise that you won’t tell anyone? Shake on it. You have to... you have to swear on Lee Soo Man.”

“I swear on Lee Soo Man that I won't tell anyone about your... secret identity,” Lay shakes my hand, a hint of a smile appearing on his face. I can't help but return his smile, and soon we're both chuckling for no reason. 

Suddenly Won Bin comes running over to me.

“Wait, Minah, wasn’t I supposed to call you Glitter or something?” he asks.

I smack my forehead. 

A/N: LAY KNOWS. What now? :D

THANK YOU martianvenus FOR UPVOTING I LOVE YOUUUUU <3 <3

Comments are much appreciated, eheheh :)