Chapter 18

By Day, By Night

 

Minah POV

I run away from school, away from my classmates, away from Park Chanyeol and his little girlfriend.

All I wanted to do was say sorry for saying that Chanyeol was slacking off.

But of course, I found him face with Kyong Mi- our school’s resident bomb and possibly one of the stupidest girls you will ever meet- in the middle of the hallway.

Worse, everyone saw me standing in front of them and of course jumped to the worst conclusion possible: that I was trying to spy on them or I just got rejected by Chanyeol. I am considered the weirdest girl in school- why wouldn’t they think the worst about me?

But the part that makes me feel the most horrible is that... Chanyeol didn’t do anything to stand up for me.

He knew that I wasn't trying to creep on him, or confess. 

What was I expecting? We’re not even really that close. We’re not friends.

Why would he want to bother contradicting people’s opinions about me?

I stumble into some random little café, panting heavily from running so hard.

I need a cheer-upper. Something sweet, unhealthy, and fatty: something that Manager Chon would have a heart attack if she saw me eating it.

I walk over to the counter, where a beautiful girl is texting someone on her phone, beaming widely. Beside her, a large glass case stands, filled with loads of delectable treats. Sweet, spongy tiramisu, chocolate-dipped strawberries with coconut sprinkles, honey-colored cookies with red jelly in the middle... I my lips in anticipation. I bet all these sweets would make me forget about today's bitter events.

“Hi, can I get a caramel frappe and a chocolate éclair?” I ask the girl standing behind the counter, who quickly stows away her phone and gives me a sweet smile.

“Sure! Is that all?” she asks.

“Actually, I’ll get some chocolate strawberries too. And maybe some black forest cake. Oh, and some crème brulee. Tres leches cake would be good, and... ugh!” I bury my hands in my head. What am I doing? Grief-eating isn't going to get me anywhere. “I’m sorry,” I sigh.

“Are you having a bad day?” the girl asks sympathetically. I sigh.

“Yeah, I kinda am. But what can you do, ya know?” I reply.

The girl looks around the café. “You know... there’s no one here at the moment. If you want you can talk to me about it.”

I bite my lip. Should I really spill everything to a complete stranger?

You know what, screw it.

“That would be really nice,” I grin, sitting down in a seat near the counter. “My name’s Minah, how about you?”

“My name’s Yuni,” she smiles. “It’s nice to meet you. So, what’s going on?” 

A/N: THE CHARACTER IS YUNI AHHAHA :D for those of you who didn't read "The Dancer's Love", click here. Oh, and shoutout to Suddenrush- for the upvote :) 

So, feel free to comment about what you want to happen/what you like about the story. COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY OKAY <3