Chapter 10

By Day, By Night

 

Minah POV

This Minki guy is going to die.

Seriously? It’s like he purposely put me and Chanyeol together. What is he trying to do?!

I take a seat in one of the plastic folding chairs placed behind the cameras. The rest of Exo fill the seats next to me, rapidly talking to me about how much they love me.

Those little pieces of crap. It's frustrating how they're so horrendous to me at school when they don't know who I am. 

And now they could be nominated for a prize for kissing.

Except for Chanyeol. Strangely, he seems to be the only one that treats me the same all the time. Granted, he treats me horribly all the time.

But at least he isn't a double-faced hypocrite like the rest of his friends.

Baekhyun (AKA prissy eyeliner guy) is called to pose first. He struts up to the white backdrop confidently, grabbing the hand of an attractive female model and bringing it up to his lips. “Perfect!” Minki exclaims, flashing pictures. “Baekhyun, turn your head a little more towards her. Now turn to the right.”

One by one, each of the members of Exo go up to the backdrop and pose. The wait is agonizing.

I don’t want to do this.

I seriously do not want to pose all lovey-dovey with Chanyeol.

This shoot’s theme is inner feelings, right? Minki should just let me and Chanyeol take a pose strangling each other. That would accurately portray our true inner feelings.

Finally, Xiumin (AKA chubby-cheeked weirdo with a food obsession) and his female partner finish their photos, and Minki announces, “Okay, Chanyeol and Glam! It’s your turn!”

I reluctantly stand up and drag myself to the backdrop. Chanyeol grumpily joins me, hissing below his breath, “Don’t you dare speak of this again, Minah.

“Like I would want to, Chan-Chan,” I mutter. He throws me a shriveling glare, which I reciprocate with interest.

“So, Chanyeol, do you have any special ideas for how you two shoot pose?” Minki asks Chanyeol, winking. God, what is up with this guy? What does he think Chanyeol will want us to do?

“How about strangling each other?” Chanyeol suggests.

I nod fervently. “I like the way you think, Chan-Chan.”

"Don't call me that," he tells me irritatedly. 

"Why not? Chan-Chan's a cute little nickname, for a cute widdle boy like you-,"

“You two are so adorable!” Minki laughs, earning a glare from me and Chanyeol. “But in all seriousness, I think you two should either pose as a sweet, loving couple or a y power couple. ‘Inner feelings’ are about how you really feel about yourself and others inside.”

Well no crap, Sherlock.

“I think they should take some shots of both  ideas,” Nam Jae Woon, the assistant photography director, tells Minki.

"Good idea! Let’s do that.” Minki turns back to me and Chanyeol. “We’ll start with y. Chanyeol, put your arms around Glam’s waist and Glam, put your arms around Chanyeol’s neck. Look fierce but loving.”

My body turns numb.

No.

Please no.

Please, please, please.

“Excuse me, Minki, I… don’t think I feel very comfortable with that,” I say timidly. He gives me a quizzical look.

“But you’ve done shoots like this before, with other male models. What’s the matter with doing a similar pose now?” Minki asks.

 Crap. He has me there. I have posed with other male models, but the poses weren’t as provocative as the ones he's suggesting right now.

And the male models weren’t my worst enemy and tormentor.

"Chanyeol, do it.” a short man watching from the side commands threateningly. “Or there will be consequences.”

Chanyeol gulps visibly.

It happens in the blink of an eye. Without looking at me, Chanyeol grabs me by the waist and pulls me close to him. My face turns a violent shade of scarlet.

Holy mother.

I can feel the soft fabric of his shirt pressing up against my face. And- good lord- his toned abs underneath-

I shake my head, dispersing my thoughts. No, Minah. Chanyeol is horrible. Don’t think those things. Just focus on your modeling.

Slowly, I place my arms around his neck, trying to ignore the furious thumping of my heart.

“You two, look at each other!” Minki instructs. “Look at each other with love in your eyes, but act powerful.”

I hesitantly comply. I give Chanyeol my “y” face, the one which caused the director at an Elle shoot to enthusiastically compliment me in French.

Chanyeol blanches, and then gives me a melting half-smirk that makes my knees turn to jelly.

Oh my god.

I won’t deny that he’s really cute.

But... I don’t think I can ever forget all the horrible, mean, rude, obnoxious things he’s done to me.

So I’m just going to keep disliking him, keep acting like I’m oblivious to the fact that his deep brown eyes look warm and passionate, his smooth skin is flawless, and his lips are just... just...

I have to get out of this place.