Chapter 20

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

Yuni smacks me on the shoulder.

“Ow! What was that for?” I ask, rubbing my arm. She shoots me a reproachful glare.

“Why are you being so mean to Minah?” she asks. “She’s so nice. Why did you diss her about standing up for herself and stuff?”

“Nice?” I snort. “The words 'Minah' and 'nice' do not correlate whatsoever. She’s such a bit- Ow!” Yuni stomps on my foot.

“Chanyeol, I don’t know what your problem is with her, but just because she knows your video game secret-,”

“She told you?” I ask furiously. “We were supposed to keep that secret.” I pull out my phone. “She’s going to pay for that. By 2nd period tomorrow the entire school-,”

“CHANYEOL!” Yuni shrieks.

I stop dead in my tracks.

“Will you cut it out and listen to me?” she pleads.

After a few minutes, I nod reluctantly and Yuni huffs.

“Explain, Chanyeol. Why exactly do you dislike her?” Yuni asks.

“Hmmm, let’s see,” I count off on my fingers. “She thinks I’m arrogant, she’s really annoying, she does stupid stuff, and she underestimates me. Oh, and she gets mad at me for no reason.”

Yuni sighs. “Chanyeol. From what I heard today, she had a reason to get mad at you. Why didn’t you stand up for her? And maybe she thinks you’re arrogant because you act arrogant. I used to think you were arrogant, too. You kinda come off like that.”

"I was blessed with 16 times more talent than the average person,” I inform Yuni matter-of-factly. “So I think I have a right to brag.”

“You don’t,” Yuni stresses. “Come on, Chanyeol. You and Minah have so much in common. Do you at least feel some sliver of kindness towards her?”

I stare at the floor, thinking back to her extraordinary beauty, the way her smile lights up her face, the way she was so worried about me on the night of that party.

How she works so hard, despite being poorer than most people, how she cares so much about Won Binnie.

“I think you do,” Yuni says quietly, reading the expression on my face.

"I don’t,” I snap. “I'm leaving, Yuni. Say hi to Sehun for me.”

And I rush out of Honey Café, slamming the door shut. 

A/N: This was an extremely short and slow chapter. But from next chapter on, the plot is going to thicken even more. Like syrup thickening on pancakes after you like put them on and then you try and eat them and it's all sticky and hard and you have to scrape it off with a fork-

HOLLA AT aeru AND Pikachu_Kuri FOR UPVOTING! *throws you buckets of love*