Chapter 27

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

Minah catches my eye for a second and I scowl at her. 

She should have chosen me. We’ve known each other longer, right? 

Is she toying around with me or something? I clench my fists in anger. 

I know I shouldn't be getting upset over such a petty little thing. But... this peeves me off for some reason. 

I don't like it. 

When all of us have been paired up with a model, Manager instructs, “Okay, now everyone line up in your pairs and walk out!”

I grab the hand of my model and get right behind Minah and Lay.

“Oh, hey Chanyeol!” Lay smiles. Minah uneasily turns back to face me.

I give her a scathing look and she quickly turns back around.

When we walk out into the store, we’re all greeted with earsplitting cheers. I break a grin and wave at the crowd, who excitedly waves back, yelling and screaming my name.

This would be awesome...

If Lay and Minah weren’t giggling over something in front of me.

The entire night, the two are stuck by each other’s sides like they’re magnets or something.

It’s not like I care or anything... but what are they even laughing about? What are they talking about? Are they really dating?

The thought of Lay and Minah in a relationship makes my stomach churn for some reason.

 

Minah POV

Thank God Lay’s here. Otherwise I would just be some awkward loner in the middle of this store opening, wandering around and occasionally signing autographs. Thanks to him I can at least have a good time.

And I have protection from a certain dark-haired guy glaring over at me from the refreshments table.

If looks could cut, Chanyeol would've carved me like a Thanksgiving turkey by now. 

“Um, Lay, I’ll be right back.” I gesture to the outside of the store “Bathroom.”

“Okay.” Lay replies, and I walk out the door and over to the restrooms. A black "Uni Bathroom" sign hangs over one of the doors, and I'm about to open it- 

When someone pushes it open for me and grabs my arm. 

“C-Chan-Chan,” I stutter, trying to lighten up the mood. He’s glaring at me viciously; it’s unnerving. “Um, why are you in here? I have to...,” I trail off. 

Chanyeol ignores me. Instead, he corners me into the wall and slams an arm next to my head.

I can’t help but gulp nervously.

“What is wrong with you?” Chanyeol hisses menacingly. “You’re unbelievable.”

“What?” I ask confusedly. “What are you talking about? You're the one,” I say angrily, “who cornered me in a freaking bathroom! Get out!”

 “How come you picked Lay as your partner? Are you dating him?” Chanyeol demands.

Seriously? This is what it was all about?

“No, we’re friends.” I glare at him, trying to push him away. He doesn’t budge, though. “Why do you care, Chanyeol? Are you jealous or something?

He chuckles humorlessly. "Only a fool would get jealous over a girl like you."

I deliver a stinging slap to his face. A bright red handprint appears on his cheek.

“What do you mean, a girl like you?” I ask, my voice shaking with anger. “You’re- you’re unbelievable, Chanyeol. Why do you still hate me this much, even when we know so much about each other? I just-,”

Chanyeol cuts off my tirade by pushing me against the wall and giving me a kiss.  

A deep, angry, intense kiss on the lips. A kiss that causes a shiver to travel down my entire body. 

I moan into his lips and melt in his arms. This feels so right...

Kiss him back, my body tells me...

But my brain- the logical side of me- is screaming something else.

I shove Chanyeol away from me, panting heavily.

There are tears gushing from my eyes despite my will. 

“What the hell was that?” I exclaim. “You- you , Chanyeol. I hate you. How dare you.”

 Chanyeol’s touching his lips like he has no idea what he just did. The angry expression on his face has changed to one of confusion, sorrow, and something else.

“Minah…,” he whispers raggedly, but I push past him and run out the bathroom, having no idea where I'm going. 

I’m done with him. I am.

I can’t- won’t- like Park Chanyeol anymore.

Because I know he'll never return my feelings. He'll never ask me to be his girlfriend, never hold me close and whisper "I love you" in my ear. 

He'll never love me. 

So I should stop, too.