Chapter 28

By Day, By Night

 

Recap: Chanyeol and Minah got into yet another argument at a store opening, which led to a frustrated Chanyeol attempting to make out with Minah. However, Minah was tired of being hurt so many times by him, so she pushed him away and ran away in tears. 

Minah POV

It’s been 5 months since I’ve talked to Chanyeol.

We lost the school project... or should I say, we were disqualified. Chanyeol didn't even show up to his final performance.

All that hard work... for nothing. 

Ever since that day, we haven’t uttered a single word to each other.

I barely see him anymore; we both go out of one another's ways to avoid each other. Besides, Won Bin started frequenting Slappy's less and less, opting for some newer, cheaper video game arcade instead. Won Bin and Chanyeol haven't seen each other for a long time either. 

On the other hand, I’ve become closer and closer with Lay and Kyong Mi and Yuni.

Lay especially.

He's become my shoulder to cry on, the first person I run to when I have good news... my best friend. 

 

 

“Hey,” Lay smiles as I run out of my 7th period class straight to him. “Long time no see.”

"You saw me 2 hours ago, silly,” I giggle, smacking him playfully on the chest. “What are you doing tonight?”

“You." He gives me a cheesy wink.

“In your dreams,” I snort. “Are you coming to Honey Cafe today?”

“I can’t, sorry. We have extra practice tonight. But first... I kind of have to invite this supermodel to a trip to a resort.” he replies.

I an eyebrow. “That supermodel better be me,” I whisper intimidatingly. “Or else you’re going to be in a lot of pain.”

“Of course it’s you, goofball. So can you come?” Lay asks.

I bite my lip. “Well, thanks for the offer, but I don’t think I can afford a trip to some fancy resort.”

Lay shakes his head. “Don’t worry about it. It’s a company trip, and we’re allowed to bring one guest along with us. Your expenses will be partially covered.”

I freeze. “Wait… a company trip? So everyone from... SM Entertainment?”        

No. He won’t be there... right?

“You get to spend time with famous idols. You’re welcome.” Lay laughs, but abruptly cuts himself off when he sees my downcast expression. “Hey... what’s wrong?”

“Oh... nothing at all.” I force myself to laugh. “Anyway, I’ll talk to my parents and manager about it, but I probably will be able to come. When are we leaving, by the way?”

“This Friday. We’re getting off for Spring Break, right?”

“One last question.” I tilt my head. “Will I have to go as Minah or Glam?”

“Whatever makes you happy.” Lay ruffles my hair. “Hey, I have to go to training. I’ll catch you later, okay?”

"Bye!” I wave. Lay winks and walks out the door, grinning at me widely. 

As soon as he’s gone the smile fades from my face.

Is it really a good idea to go on this resort trip?

I have Won Bin to think of... who’s going to take care of him when Mom and Dad are working?

And I really don’t think I should spare any money to pay for the trip; our family’s already way too tight on funds.

And what about my modeling job? And the paparazzi... what if a scandal starts between me and Lay or someone?

But most of all...

He’ll be there.

The man I’ve only caught glimpses of, the man I haven’t said anything to for 5 months.

Can I really bear to go on this trip when I’m supposed to be getting over him?

For a second I'm about to race after Lay right now and tell him, "There's no way I can go." 

But then I catch myself. 

Maybe to fully get over a person, you have to face them first. You have to accept that you loved them at one point, and then move on.

Be strong, Minah.

Taking a deep breath, I extract my phone from my pocket and dial my mom’s cell phone number.

 

A/N: HI GUYS I'M NOT DEAD I FINALLY UPDATED! I had a massive case of writer's block AND my laptop (which had all my stories on it) crashed on broke. I finally got over it today and decided to move on with life.

Wow I sound like Minah trying to describe her feelings about Chanyeol ok lol