Chapter 33

By Day, By Night

 

Minah POV

“Thanks, Chanyeol,” I murmur, rubbing my eyes tiredly. “I didn’t even want to do that soju ad. It was my manager who made me do it.”

I punch my pillow frustratedly. “This is the fourth shoot like this that I’ve had to do while I was here. I’m so sick and tired of this. Why can't my manager give me some time to relax? It's spring break, for crying out loud!" 

"I’m sorry,” Chanyeol says. Suddenly I feel something weighing down the bed next to me. I turn around and realize that Chanyeol’s lying down as well, casually resting his hands behind his head. Instead of feeling wary of him or backing away from him, I subtly stare at him.

He looks so calm, so handsome, so carefree. It's like in the span of 5 months, he's changed from this cocky immature moron to an... adult. A blush begins to creep up my neck and I quickly turn away. "Chanyeol," I say, "can I talk to you about something?"

"Go for it," he replies.

I start rambling and ranting to him, about how horrible my manager is to how ist the modeling industry is, and how fed up I am with everything. 

“…and it’s absolutely horrible how the objectification of women is portrayed in the media! Like, you don’t see any guys with ‘Chum Churum Soju” printed on their bodies!” I burst. “It’s just plain wrong!” I end my tirade, panting heavily. 

Chanyeol gives me a sympathetic half-smile and pats my hand. "I'm sorry," he says quietly. "It must be frustrating to go through all that." 

I sigh. "It kind of is. But I bet you go through a lot more, being an idol and all." 

We talk until the radiant sun dips under the ocean, and everything fades to black. I'd forgotten how comforting and understanding Chanyeol could be. We're discussing places we want to travel to when I ask him, "What made you decide to stop hiding your night self?" 

He's silent for a long time. Finally, when I'm almost convinced he's gone to sleep, he tells me, "You." 

"What?" 

"When we fell apart, I was really frustrated and angry and annoyed. I realized that it didn't matter if I was cool or y or had a million girls; if I didn't have you then what was the point?" 

I goggle at Chanyeol with wide eyes. "Are you... are you serious?" I say, shocked. He was brave enough to just come outright and tell the truth?

"Absolutely." He chuckles softly. "I was kind of pathetic, wasn't I? And Minah," he says, looking me straight in the eye, "I'm sorry. I'm absolutely sorry about what I did that day at the mall."

"It's fine," I reply slowly. "Do you... do you want to be friends?" 

He gives me a wry half-smile. "We're friends again, I guess," he laughs lowly, running a hand through my hair. I furrow my eyebrows. It seems like Chanyeol's hiding something from me, but it doesn't matter. 

We're friends again. We're on good terms again. 

And maybe... just maybe... he'll want to be more than friends. 


A/N: FOR THOSE OF YOU EXPECTING STEAMY SCENES THIS CHAPTER I'M SORRY BUT IT WOULDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE CHANYEOL AND MINAH WERE SUPPOSED TO HATE EACH OTHER AT THAT POINT SO WHY WOULD THEY RANDOMLY HAVE  

On a more serious note, the objectification of beauty standards- especially with women- is an issue that I care about a lot. 

http://hustleforchange.tumblr.com/post/1162371286/advertisings-image-of-women-watch-this-and-get