Chapter 34

By Day, By Night

 

Chanyeol POV

As much as I want to grab her and hug her and tell her that I love her, I exercise some self-control and restrain myself.

We just reconciled. I doubt Minah would want to stay friends if I jumped her. 

Wait, did I say jumped her? I meant hugged her. Yeah. 

“Well, I better get going,” Minah says, but two hours later we’re curled up on my bed watching reruns of “Strong Heart” on TV.

"That’s so touching,” Minah sniffs, rubbing her tears away with her hand. “It must have been so hard working to become an idol with a handicapped sister... oh my gosh.” She starts full-out bawling.

“Hey, calm down!” I exclaim, erratically patting her on the head. These past few months of limited human interaction have caused me to forget how to deal with crying females.

I can do wonders with a video game console.

A girl my age? Not so much.

“Sorry,” she sniffles. “I don’t know why I’m getting so emotional. You tell anyone about this, I'll chop your hair off,” she threatens between tears. 

Oh dear. I tentatively wrap my arms around her and draw her in for a hug, squeezing her tightly. Her warm body presses up against my chest. The feeling is strangely comforting, and it causes me to smile.

We stay like that for a few minutes, me rocking her back and forth. She’s stopped crying; instead, she’s resting her head on my shoulder instead. Slowly, I guide my hand to her chin and tilt her head up slightly. She looks back at me with wide eyes, a slight smile playing on her lips. I draw her closer to me, parting my lips just a little-

“Room service! I have an order for Room 1316!”

Cursing, I detach myself from Minah and storm up to the door.

I had the perfect opportunity, and this damn room service idiot ruined it for me!

I fling open the door and a man wheels in a white cart in my room, with several silver platters sitting on top of it. After setting the dishes down on the table, he trills, “Enjoy your meal!” and skips out my suite.

“Er... I guess we should eat now.” I tell Minah, too embarrased to meet her eyes.

I remove the warm lids of the dishes, uncovering several plates of steaming delicacies. Kung Pao Baby Lobster, Pan Seared Vegetable Dumplings, a small white card sitting on the cart reads. Ma Po Tofu, Ginger and Scallion Lo Mein.

“This looks spectacular!” Minah exclaims, immediately pouncing on the dish of Ma Po Tofu. “Thanks for ordering this stuff, Chan-Chan!”

“No problem, Minnie,” I reply, rolling my eyes at her use of my despicable nickname. 

“Where did you get Minnie from?” she asks, curling her lip.

"That’s what you get for calling me ‘Chan-Chan’,” I smirk. Minah scoffs.

We quickly begin eating the delicious Chinese food. Although I’m still annoyed at that room service guy for ing me so epically, I have to appreciate this dinner that he brought us. I’m munching on a spring roll with duck sauce (not the most authentic Chinese condiment, but hey, it tastes great) when Minah holds a fork to my lips, a piece of chicken hanging off it.

“Here, try this,” she says. “It’s yummy.”

I think expected me to take the fork for her and eat the chicken myself.

Instead, I eat the chicken on the fork while she’s still holding it, so it’s like she fed me.

Childish?

Yeah, but at least I can get some pleasure out of making her blush.

“Thanks for feeding me,” I say, winking cheekily. Her face turns even redder. “Now it’s your turn.”

“What do you- mmmmm,” Minah moans as I stuff my spring roll into mid-sentence. “That’s so good! Hey, why are you laughing?” she asks suspiciously as she sees me silently shaking with laughter.

“Do you really want to know why?”

“Yeah!”

“Because we just had an indirect kiss,” I grin. Minah’s jaw drops.

“What do you mean?” she demands.

“I took a bite out of the spring roll before you ate it. So that means we just had an indirect kiss.”

Her face turns 50 shades of red (there that’s the steamy y part do you get it 50 shades of ok I’ll stop), and then  she grabs a platter lid and throws it at me. “You’re such an idiot!” she laughs, chasing me around.

“Okay, Minnie,” I snort as she finally grabs me and pummels my face with a pillow. The two of us end up collapsing in a heap on the floor, our laughter pealing through the suite.

“Chan-Chan?” she says quietly.

I turn around to face her. “Yeah?”

“I’m glad we’re friends again.”