Chapter 17

By Day, By Night

Chanyeol POV

 

I stride away from Minah, irritated.

She’s so annoying, asking me what I’m doing and underestimating my abilities.

If I say I'm studying the song, I'm studying- not slacking off. 

I’m better at this than she thinks I am. That’s why I debuted so soon. My musical talents are advanced, unique, one of a kind.

I meander around the hallways aimlessly, not really going anywhere specific. I just want to delay the moment that I have to go back to the classroom.

I really don’t feel like working right now, to be honest. The final bell's going to ring in a few minutes anyway.

Suddenly I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist. 

“Chanyeol oppa,” a sweet voice croons. I grin.

“Hi, Kyong Mi,” I smile, turning around and wrapping my arms around her hips. “How are you, babe?”

“Oppa, I haven’t seen you in forever,” Kyong Mi pouts her perfect pink lips. “Where have you been? I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve been training at SM and all,” I shrug. “But we can catch up now.”

I pull her closer towards me and kiss her on the lips. She immediately melts into me and kisses back, hard. Pushing her up against the wall, I bury my hands in her long, soft hair-

“Chanyeol?” a familiar voice says from behind Kyong Mi. I look up.

Minah’s standing there, gaping at me and Kyong Mi.

“I… um, just wanted to apologize for being so impatient with you,” she says, looking embarrased. "But I can see you're busy so I'm going to-,"

Right then, the bell rings. Students rush out of their classrooms, laughing and chattering. But when they see Kyong Mi in my arms and Minah staring at me and my embarrased expression, they stop in their tracks and stare at us.

“Did that Minah girl get rejected by Chanyeol while he was kissing Kyong Mi or something?” I hear one guy whisper. “What's going on?”

“What is Kim Minah trying to do? She’s so creepy, I think she’s been stalking Chanyeol just because they’re partners in that project,” another girl giggles. 

"She tried to interrupt Kyong Mi and Chanyeol, I think," her friend mutters, shaking her head. 

I stiffen. That’s not what’s going on here at all. Why are they jumping to crazy conclusions?

Kyong Mi’s still leaning up on me, totally oblivious to what’s going on.

Minah is looking around wildly at the disapproving faces surrounding her, her face turning a wild shade of red.

“N-No,” she mumbles. “That’s… not what’s going on here…” She’s met with eye rolls and more whispers. “I’m leaving,” she whispers, throwing a final hurt glance at me, and she sprints away, down the hallway, out the school exit.

I feel like I’m frozen in place.

What just happened?

Why didn’t I say anything to defend her?

And... did Minah really just see me and Kyong Mi kissing? I feel mortified for some reason.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” some guy asks me. “It must have been so creepy having that Minah girl staring at you, eww!”

“Shut up,” I growl, whirling around to face the asker of that question. He starts in fright.

“All of you,” I say, addressing the crowd that’s gathered around me and Kyong Mi. “Do you even know what happened? You just saw me, Minah, and Kyong Mi. You guys were just here at the wrong place, at the wrong time.”

I push Kyong Mi off of me.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a friend to find.”

I take off after Minah.

A/N: This whole encounter may seem pointless, but it's leading to an introduction of another character... I think you'll like the character ;D