Ch 9: Best men: makes it seem not so bad at all.

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

Danmi cringed at Jaejoong’s low voice but nodded nonetheless. Yunho on the other hand after decoding Jaejoong’s gesture decided that it’s time to go and bid his good bye to the both of them.

Danmi followed Jaejoong inside like he’s the one who owned the house and Danmi’s just someone visiting. Danmi prepared tea under Jaejoong’s stern gaze. Somehow she felt she committed a crim and that she needs to defend herself on court with Jaejoong as the judge.  Putting the tea on the table “earlier--”

“No need to explain.” He cut her off crossing his arms on his chest. “It’s none of my business.”

“But--” she tried to say but was cut off again.

“I told you. I don’t care what’s going on between you and Yunho.” Danmi fall back on her chair dejected. He doesn’t care about her at all, not even for a bit. “I want to talk to you about Yuri?”

“Yuri?”

“My girlfriend, the idol.”

“She’s your girlfriend?” shock written on Danmi’s face. It’s not really that surprising though. Jaejoong’s one handsome looking guy, it’s only fair to have a girlfriend that’s equally stunning as him by his side.

“You want to ask the same question again” his piercing gaze flavoured with sarcasm. “I love her, I’m not gonna leave her just for you.” his cold tone showing off how his mood is

Jaejoong’s words stabbed her like a knife. She knows that, he doesn’t need to say it. He talked like she was nothing compared to Yuri. Danmi saw her couple of times on TV, she was branded as the next big thing. She was even watching the drama she was staring in and she admits that Yuri is really gorgeous. But she wasn’t the type to be insecure about others, until now. Until Jaejoong made her feel that she should be. “Then what are you planning?”

“If I don’t marry you my parents are going to disown me. And I’ll admit it; I can’t live without my parent’s money” Danmi shifted on her seat. “I’m going to marry you but I’m not going to break up with Yuri.”

Danmi heard her heart shutter into pieces. She froze, her mind trying to process what he said but something kept telling her that she just heard it wrong. That he didn’t just say that he’s going to be with another girl while he is married to her. She knows that their situation isn’t normal. Heck, how could an arrange marriage be normal, it’s the 21’st century for chocolate’s sake. There’s no love between them. What they have can even hardly called friendship, they’re not acquaintances either. But whatever relationship they have Danmi thought that at least he’s going to respect her. Never had she thought that he’s going to make use of her like that. She made up her mind to be the perfect wife he wanted, the perfect wife he could show off to everyone, a trophy wife as other socialites calls it. But never had it occurred to her that she’ll be treated like trash.

“Did you hear me?”  Danmi’s head shot up hearing Jaejoong calling her.

Jaejoong have been talking when he noticed that Danmi spaced out. “I’m telling you this so if you don’t want to be in that situation let’s call off the wedding.”

A few seconds passed as Danmi swallow his words. “I I’m sorry, but I can’t” Danmi gripped her dressed under the table. She can never disobey her parents. How could she, she owes everything to them. Even if it means sacrificing her happiness or whatever that she has then so be it.

“Are you insane?! Are you really agreeing with this?!”Jaejoong stood up from his seat in frustration, running his fingers through his hair but Danmi nodded weakly. “Fine, do what you want. Just don’t come crying saying you can’t take it anymore.” His voice was deep and low as he left shutting the door with a bang leaving Danmi sitting at the table with her head hung low.

 

Danmi smiled looking at her finger with the sparkling jewel on. “What do you think?” she asked as she held out her hand looking how well the piece of jewellery fits her.

Jaejoong didn’t even bother looking and kept his attention to his phone. He has been holding his phone ever since they met up. Danmi wanted to grab his phone or confiscate it or better yet throw it somewhere. But she knows she can’t do that so instead she just try her best to compete attention with his phone. “Jaejoong?”

“Just get the most expensive one. We’re only gonna wear it occasionally.” Occasionally she thought. She knew what he meant. That he’ll only wear it if they’re attending a party or when needed. But if not the ring will be rotting on its box, not rotting diamonds are forever after all.

Danmi was on the verge of tears. She knows that she shouldn’t be acting like this. She is the one who wanted all of this in the first place. He did tell her that he couldn’t give anything except his name on a piece of paper, but she can’t help it. She can’t help but hope a little. Hope that maybe somehow everything would eventually go well, at least the wedding would. A girl’s wedding day is what every girl dreamt about after all. Be it arranged or not she still wants to be happy and beautiful even if it’s just on that special day.

“Look I got to go. Girls love shopping right? You do the shopping. Here’s my credit card, that one has no limits.” He handed her his black master card. “Do me a favour, if my mom calls you tell her that I’m with you. If she asked to talk to me just lie like I’m in the rest room or something.”

“But Jaejoong--”

“Yuri’s free today” he cut ending all discussions. “Text me when you’re done.” He said before turning his back leaving her there.

 

Jaejoong decided that today he’s going to have the ‘talk’ with Yuri. He’s going to tell her about Danmi how things would be a little more difficult for the three of them. “Oppa, come in” Yuri smiled angelically like usual and it makes Jaejoong’s heart skip a beat every time.

Jaejoong just want everything in the open and get it done with. He imagined this scene in his head over and over again. How he’ll say it and how she would react. There’s no going back now, now or never. “Honey I have to tell you something.”

Yuri sat at the sofa just beside him looking at him with her doe like eyes that Jaejoong could stare at all day. “What is it?”

“Remember when I told you that my father wants me to get married?” Yuri nodded her smile fading a bit making him hesitate. “He still does and wants me to marry the daughter of his business partner.” Yuri didn’t say anything and just sat there with no expression on making Jaejoong even more worried. “Yuri, honey please say something” he pleaded.

“A are you breaking up with me?” Yuri stuttered as she looked down her bangs covering her face.

“No no, honey no. I would never break up with you. I would rather die than break up with you.” He said trying to pull her closer for a hug nut she resisted.

“Then what are you saying? I don’t understand any of this anymore.” She said as tears start to fall from her eyes.

“We could still be together. This marriage is just business. It’s just on papers, we don’t love each other. I love you. I only love you.” Jaejoong wiped the tears in her eyes as he hugged her.

“Are you saying that we could still be together even after you marry her? Jaejoong I’m not going to be a mistress! I deserve better than that. I would never let myself get so low like that!” Yuri shouted standing up looking at him disbelievingly.

“No honey, you’re not going to be a mistress. You’re the one I love not her. The marriage is just for show.”

“But what about her? I don’t want to be family wrecker.”

“I talked to her about it. She’s fine with it. She also doesn’t want this marriage so we agreed that we’ll stay out of each other’s business” he lied. “And besides we can still be together forever. After a few years when your career is stable and all of your dreams have come true I’ll divorce her. We could get married and start our own family.” He said as he cradles her in his arms while rocking back and forth.

“I don’t know Jaejoong. You make it sound so simple but we both know it’s not.”

“No love, it is that simple. Don’t worry about it alright. I’ll take care of it. You just have to stand by me and never let go.” He whispered in her ear still hugging her tight.

“Jaejoong I--”

“Don’t answer yet. Just think about it. Just trust me. I can’t live without Yuri, you know that. Please consider it for me. Promise you’ll think about it” The way Jaejoong persuade her made her sense lost, Yuri can’t help but nod.

 

Danmi almost broke down right then and there but he held her head high. She can’t let those sales ladies see even a drop of tear on her face. The ladies who were eyeing her with envy for bagging a gorgeous rich hunk earlier were looking her with pity now.

Pitiful, that’s what she is. Even the strangers who only saw her for the first time ten minutes ago think so. She could take any kind of crap in this world but not people pitying her, not people looking down on her thinking how her life and how much they don’t want to be her. Keeping her composure she paid for the ring and left without a word. She found a spot where she could cool down for a bit. She just sat there, for how long she didn’t know. Her gaze was far and her body didn’t move either, like she was a mannequin that was wrongly placed and forgotten on that bench. Some passer-by would spare her a glance, would look at her weirdly and leave continuing on with their lives.

But she saw none of that, she saw nothing at all. Her eyes were open but she sees nothing at all. Her mind drifted off to Jaejoong. She knows that he’ll never love her; she was clear with that, he made it clear. But she hopes that even just a little, even just a little she could have a place in his heart. She doesn’t need a big space; just a place would be enough for her. A place in his heart where he would think of her more often than not at all.

Danmi’ brace yourself this is going to happen more in the future, you’re going to be ditched more. She knows she could never compete with Yuri. That’s what’s Jaejoong have been making her feel. She could be dying and Jaejoong wouldn’t think twice leaving her if Yuri would just give him a call. She felt so low like that. Never been in her life have she been put down like this. It’s her, it would always be her she thought. She knows that but she can’t help but think that maybe he would change his heart even just for a little bit. Maybe if she tried hard enough he’ll also see her even just half of how she saw Yuri. Maybe if she did well he’ll also make time for her. Maybe if she waits long enough he’ll come around. Maybe if she holds on to him he’ll see she’s important too. Lots of maybes rang trough her mind.

“Danmi”

She’ll never know unless she tries right?”

“Danmi.”

She got nothing to lose. She has nothing anyways because for him she’s nothing.

“Danmi!”

Their situation couldn’t be worse than it is right?

“Danmi!”

“WHAT?!”

“Thank god we thought something’s wrong with you.”

“Huh?what? What are you guys doing here?” She blinked back a few times trying to process what’s happening at the very moment. Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin were in front of her standing with Junsu sitting beside her with a hand on his chest like he almost had a heart attack.

“We know you’re doing some shopping so I called Jaejoong hyung if he could buy me some snack but then he said to call you since you’re here and he’s uhmm somewhere. I’ve been calling you for a couple of times already but you’re not answering. We got worried and came here.” Changmin explained. “Are you alright? Does it hurt somewhere?”

True enough, she looked at her phone and there were missed calls from the four of them “I’m fine. I guess I just spaced out”

“How long have you been sitting here?” Yunho asked. His voice and facial expression made her cringed like she did something wrong.

“Uhmm I don’t know. After Jaejoong left I sat here for a bit.”

“What?! That was like two hours ago! You sat there like stone for two hours?!” Yoochun flared.

“Two hours?” she couldn’t believe so either. “It didn’t felt like two hours passed.”

“Changmin called Jaejoong hyung two hours ago. And you’ve been sitting here like that ever since?” Junsu pointed out. He’s never the type to get angry at his hyung’s but even he has limits as well.

She didn’t know if she should be thankful for saving her or be embarrassed that her stomach decided to grumble that moment. She smiled shyly as she clutched her stomach as it growled again. “I’m guessing you haven’t had lunch yet?” Yunho said.

Danmi nodded once again. The four of them sighed at the same time. If it weren’t for their grim faces Danmi would have laughed. “It’s three thirty, a perfect time for lunch. Come on.” Yoochun said as he pulled her up.

They ate at McDonald’s at Danmi’s request since the sun’s about to go away soon and she still has lots of things to do. Before even leaving the counter Changmin, Yunho and Junsu already had the food in their hands already, that’s why you can never underestimate the convenience of fast food.

“You guys really gonna come with me?” Danmi asked after swallowing the food down .

“Why not? We got nothing better to do anyways.” Junsu took a bite of his burger.

“How could the best men let the bride shop for her wedding dress alone? Besides you need my fashion expertise” Yoochun taunted.

“All of you?” her eyes pointed at them.

“Yup, all of us. We decided long time ago, like kids time ago that if one of us gets married the other four would be the best men and godfathers” Junsu said.

“Wah, you guys are really close.”

“The five of us are like brothers and you are going to be our sister-in-law soon.” Changmin smiled.

Danmi’s lips suddenly became a thin line. “Are you guys ok with this? With me marrying Jaejoong?”

“Honestly when we first heard about it, no.” Yoochun answered in all frankness. “But after we met you, we saw just like what you said that you’re not that bad.” Danmi chuckled. “And truthfully if you weren’t Jaejoong hyung’s fiancée I would definitely hit on you.”

Danmi laughed as the other three hit Yoochun not so lightly. “What?! I was just being honest and it’s not like you guys won’t!” that made her blush and the three just looked in three different directions eating their meal.

Danmi was beginning to regret on letting them come. She’s been trying gowns after gowns and none of them are good enough for them. They’ve been very strict and uptight about what she should wear, especially Yoochun who never ran out of something to say. Someone would comment, the other three would nod and the four would shout next.

Yoochun- “too many ruffles.”

“NEXT!”

Changmin - “too many sequins.”

“NEXT!”

Yunho - “too short.”

“NEXT!”

Junsu – “too long.”

“NEXT!”

Yoochun – “makes you look fat.”

 “NEXT!”

Changmin – “makes you look like a white lady.”

“NEXT!”

Yunho – “the neck lines too low”

“NEXT!”

Changmin – “the back’s too low”

“NEXT!”

Junsu – “the design’s too much”

Yoochun – “that dress is just uggh! Take that off quickly.”

“NEXT!”

Yoochun – “You’re not wearing that anywhere!”

“NEXT!”

Yoochun – “maybe on your next life”

“NEXT!”

Yoochun –“ no dear, just no”

“NEXT!”

Yoochun – “still no.”

“NEXT!”

Yoochun – “no”

“NEXT!”

“Guys!!”Danmi rolled her eyes and went back to the changing room. Maybe looking for your wedding gown alone was better. No, she’d rather stick herself in the mirror out of exhaustion than go through this alone. How could she complain when four gorgeously stunning guys are outside waiting for her in a wedding gown? Other girls look forward to one man seeing them in a wedding gown, she has four. Tired as she was she couldn’t help but smile and get nervous every time she’ll go out and their eyes would be on her, looking and inspecting from head to toe.

The curtain opened once again revealing her in another wedding gown. Their eyes widened making Danmi worried. Does she look that bad? Danmi looked at herself at the mirror. “It’s not that bad, it looks good I think. Better than the other dresses.” She said as she gave herself an overall.

“Finally! It’s perfect.” Yoochun stated smiling.

Yunho - “You look stunning.”

Junsu – “You have to buy that. You look beautiful”

Changmin – “Are you sure you want to marry hyung? Coz I’m here you know.”

Danmi blushed hard. Somehow getting ditched doesn’t seem so bad at all.


I know I’m a slow updater and I don’t think there is a cure for it. Anyways, I got a job. It’s kind of a big thing for me since  this is my first job ever. I haven’t even graduated but I already got one. It’s not a part time job but a real full time job. I hope I could balance and manage my time well and still be able to write and read stories. So please continue on supporting me. (hugs everyone).

Welcome new subbies. My day always gets better when I see people subscribing and commenting so please comments and subscribe everyone. =)

nar12345 –. I hope this chapter is long enough for you. Yunho has a role in this story thought I wouldn’t say it’s a big role. Keke. I think I’m being a story spoiler. Anyways thank you for cheering me.

Jun_KOI_Mi – Thank you, honestly though I’m not good with coming the falling in love part. Hehe.

VIP1CASSIE  - Thank you =) hope you keep supporting me till the end.

xavi26 – hehe I’ll try my best to keep her strong and please do remind me from time to time if you think she’s being soft.

chen_chen Yes he is being a jerk, I think so too. I’ll make him all soft and fluffy in the future hehe. Hope you’ll look forward to it. She has a reason for not saying no. I hope you find her reason reasonable enough. =)

anneanne – Your right!! He doesn’t have a right to get mad at her. I’m happy someone thinks the same as me. She said it from the start right, that he has to do it on his own. So he can’t really put any blame on her. keke. Actually he knows that, he’s just a jerk so he’s finding someone to blame and the most reasonable person to blame is her. hehe. Don’t you just hate him?

_DyNaR_ - Thank you for missing me, it gives me butterflies =) hehe. Jaejoong needs to learn lesson on how to treat girls don’t you think? That guy is blinded with his love for Yuri.

teukie1995 – Welcome!! Jealous Jaejoong is HOOOTT!! Thank you for subscribing and hope you comment too in the future and of course I hope you enjoy my weird imagination.