Ch 4: There's an us?

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

it's Jaejoong's birthday and he trended but it only reached 2nd place. He tweeted too. 'thank you Mr. Kung' haha. J and K are really not that far apart. I don't think Mr. Kung Yunho's angry though. haha


One look at Jaejoong and one could already tell that he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, if he slept at all that is. Dark circles under his eyes colours his face. His blood shot eyes look like he has an eye infection and the overall look of his face screams ‘mess with me and you get burn.’

He didn’t sleep a wink last night. Jaejoong stared at the ceiling for so long he was surprise he didn’t bore a hole in it. He kept thinking about what happened and he swore he’s a on the verge of losing his mind. “Hyung are you alright?” Junsu asked as he put a hand on his shoulders.

“I’m fine” he answered before burying his head on his arms as he fix a comfortable position hoping he’ll be able to sleep throughout class.

“Everyone we have a new student transferring here today. Agashi, please introduce yourself.” The teacher immediately announced as soon as he came in.

“Yeorobun annyeonghaseyo, Seo Danmi imnida. Pangapsumida” Jaejoong’s whole body froze.

“Please take your seat on that free seat over there beside MyungSoo” Jaejoong want to lift his head up but something tells him that he shouldn’t. That maybe he fell asleep instantly as soon as he closed his eyes and that right now he’s having a dream, no a nightmare.

When he finally lift and opened his eyes she stood there right in front of him smiling like a child who found a new toy to play with. Casually she walked past him and sat on the empty seat behind him. He didn’t dare turn around. His body froze as rack his brain thinking the reason of her presence.  Their school’s one of the most prestigious and elite school on Korea and you have to go through a hundred needle hole just to get in. And it’s almost the end of the school year only a few months before their graduation, how could she even transfer. She’s SEO Danmi remember?

Jaejoong grunted crutching his head. Lack of sleep and too much stress is giving him a headache. Is he having his midlife crisis now? Isn’t he too young for that? Aren’t you suppose to have that when you’re like in the middle of your life, right? Ahhrgh, Jaejoong you’re thinking nonsense. You’re brain’s not working properly anymore. It’s that girls fault. She’s killing my brains cells.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

Danmi stood awkwardly at the cafeteria. She looked from left to right looking for a place she could eat her lunch that was getting heavier by the second on her arms. Her eyes lock with Jaejoong for a second and the ‘talk’ they had earlier flash in her mind.

-Flashback-

Danmi was on her way back from the ladies room when someone pulled her hard and clutched her hand not so gently. He dragged her to a secluded place without even a soul anywhere. If she didn’t recognize his body frame she would have retaliate already. “What are you doing here?!”

“You dragged me here remember.”

“You know what I mean” his voice low and poisonous.

Harshly, she pulled her hand from his getting painful and getting tighter by the second grip. Twisting and rubbing her soon to be bruised wrist. “Well they thought that the two of us should get closer and that we should get associated with one another. You know, your friends be my friends vice versa. You get the picture.”

Leaning on the wall Jaejoong closed his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose and took deep and long calming breaths. He should have seen this coming. His father is really a person not to be played with. He should have known that from the start. “Have you told anyone about us yet?”

“Us? There’s an us?” Jaejoong glared at her showing that he’s not really in the mood to joke around. “If you don’t want everyone or anyone to know about ‘us’ and that you want me to shut my mouth you could have just say so. Dragging me here like a cart is uncalled for.”

“Whatever just don’t go blabbering around and getting unnecessary attention.”

-End of Flashback-

Obviously Jaejoong‘s table is off limits. He made himself clear at that part. Looking around she spotted a guy eating alone in the corner of the big cafeteria. Aiding her mumbling stomach and complaining arms she approached the table. “Is it alright if I seat here?”

The guy blinked a couple of times like waiting for her to disappear with every bat of his eyes before answering “uhm, yeah sure”

“I’m Seo Danmi, nice to meet you and you’re?” She smiled and introduce as she sat down.

“I’m MyungSoo but you can call me L. My family owns a pig farm. It’s not that big but it’s decent. My mom’s a house wife and my sisters a nurse.”

Her eyebrows met for a second as she finds his introduction too uhhm informing? “I was only asking for your name but yeah, ok.”

“That’s how people introduce themselves around here.” He explained as he took a bite of his lunch.

Eating and enjoying her won lunch “Family background’s included? Don’t you usually say your name, hobbies, things you good at. You know stuff like that?”

L nodded. “Our school has an unofficial format to lots of things. They judge you because of that. If you’re not born with a gold spoon in your mouth then you’re an outcast like me. Picked on from time to time but most of the time you get ignored. Everyone looks at you like you’re a charity case and at lunch you sit here.” Pointing his chopstick to her, “so if you’re like them I suggest you find another table. I know how things work around here. I don’t mind.”

“Don’t worry” smiling she raised her metal spoon. “No gold spoon.”

They ate their meal quietly but L kept glancing at her and it’s no ‘I’m crushing on you’ look. “If there’s something you want to say just say it.”

“Those Dong Bang guys are staring at you.”

“Huh?” Danmi looked to where L pointed at. Jaejoong was staring at her, explaining the chilling feeling she’s been having since she started eating. Now she knows it wasn’t the pudding.

“Those Dong Bang Shin Ki guys kept looking at you, specially that Jaejoong guy. Do you have something with them? It’s nice to have a friend but I don’t want any trouble.”

“Are you sure? And Dong what?”

“That’s what their called Dong Bang Shin Ki it means Rising Gods of the East. You know the Kingka high school drama stuff on TV. Like F4 in Boys over flower. That’s their role here.”

“Really? how about? What’s your role?”

“Uhmm,” L put his spoon down thinking. “The super nice, unquestionably handsome and incredibly talented guy.” A moment of silent came before the two burst into fits of laughter.

“That was grand.” Danmi took some sip of water making sure the food goes down the right road. “Then I guess I’ll be the friend and lunch buddy of that super nice, unquestionably handsome and incredibly talented guy.” They both smiled feeling happy finding a new friend amongst people both would love to hate.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

The bartender left after serving Danmi her favourite drink. Eyes closing as the strong liquid went down . The usual booming of loud sounds fills the club as bodies dance around. The people come and go, the lightings might not be the same, the songs might have changed but it will always be the same game.  Playing, flirting, and hooking up. Dirty dancing’s and one night stands, a few fist fights every now and then. Different people, different situation but same old story. A game she never gets tired to watch. “Hey miss you seem so lonely drinking by yourself here. How about you join us over there?”

Danmi tilt her head to the side already too familiar of this scenario. “No thanks, I’m fine.”

“Don’t worry were good boys. We won’t’ slip something on your drink or whatsoever. We just want to play some games and I hope you could join us” the guy persisted. He seemed decent actually. Polite even, a level higher that other jerks who came to her club.

“I’m sure you won’t but I’m good really”

“Well you look lonely to me and could use some company.”

“She’s not lonely. She’s with me.” An arm swung around on Danmi shoulders and the persistent guy went a step further.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t know. Don’t worry dude I was just being friendly.”

Danmi chuckled as they watch the guy go back to his friends. “Yoochun shi, you didn’t have to do that but thanks.”

“No problem and please drop the formalities future sister-in-law. It’s not like we’re the same age.” He flashed her a dazzling smile that could substitute for one of the clubs lights. “Come on let’s go upstairs, the other guys are up there” said Yoochun as he pulled her to come along.

“Danmi shi, why didn’t you tell us you’re going to transfer to our school. I was really surprise to see you this morning” Junsu whined and smiled pulling her arm a bit.

“I only heard about it a few days ago” Danmi chuckled. She couldn’t believe someone could be so cute and manly at the same time.

“What’s up with the nerd concept?” Changmin asked. He almost didn’t recognize her that day with the school uniform, glasses and the nerdy braids.

“I have no concept Changmin shi. The length of my skirt is the proper one not those really short skirts other female students wore. I wear glasses because my right eye’s far sighted, the left’s near sighted and I have astigmatism. My hairs braided because if I leave it down it would be all over the place and since my hair is curly so it saves me a few minutes from the curling iron. I don’t wear makeup, accessories or high heels because it’s a high school not some ran way.” She explained fully as she makes herself comfortable making her own drink at the mini bad inside the room.

“Ohh,” Changmin nodded in understanding not expecting her explanation. He thought it was the whole ‘I want to keep low profile look’ and the ‘I don’t anyone finding out I’m a rich heiress stuff’. Maybe the drama marathons his Yoochun hyung forced on him was getting to him.

“But do I really look like a dork?”

“Totally, but don’t worry it’s not a bad thing. You still look good. And it’s actually an eye breather from all those neon nail polish and sparkling jewelleries” Yoochun stated.

“What’s with you and that L?” Jaejoong asked nonchalantly as he plays some pool with Yunho. It’s not that he cares; it’s just that he saw then hanging around many times recently and he was worried that Danmi told him about their current ‘problem’. It’s not in his nature to care about what other people thinks given his past behaviour but if everyone found out he was sure all hell would break loose.

“Nothing, we’re just friends.” If Danmi didn’t know any better she would have thought he was jealous. But that was it she knew better. “I didn’t tell him anything if that’s what you’re implying.”

“Just want to make sure.”

They didn’t know why but every time that Jaejoong and Danmi were together the air around them drops a few degrees. Jaejoong keeps throwing daggers and surprisingly Danmi dodges and reciprocate.  Truly they’ve never seen a woman who could talk back and fire with the same composed face on. “Well you guys come here often. You like the place?”

“Yeah, your place is the awesome!” Yoochun cheered with thumbs up. “I heard that this is not your only club.”

Danmi nodded. “There’s also Mirotic which is really loud with all sorts of people coming around. There are even dance battles and live band battles over there. The other one’s High Time. It’s a high end club where not everyone can go, classy and rich theme. It has good ambience and is good if you want to sulk and get piss off drunk without anyone bothering you.” (Purple line was somewhere in between.)

“That’s really cool. You do realize that you’re only in high school right? And what’s the need for business?” Yunho asked watching as she manoeuvres the drinks.

“It’s fun really. Stressing from time to time but most of the time it’s fun. As long as my parents don’t forbid it and I don’t make trouble I can do whatever I want.” She handed them the drinks she made and watches as they gulp them down.

“Waah, this is really good.” Yoochun complimented as he placed his empty glass with a satisfied look on his face, that shot really hit his spot.

“You would make a good bartender” Yunho added.

“Sometimes when I feel like it I do the bartending at High Time. You guys should go there some time. The ambiance is totally different.” She promoted, she’s a business woman after all.

“Hey you play billiards right?” Jaejoong suddenly asked to which Danmi nodded. Jaejoong smiled “let’s make a bet. If I win you tell your parents that you also oppose this marriage.” They stared at him like he lost all mind already. And he thinks he probably did but he doesn’t care. He’ll do whatever he can just to put a stop to everything.

Knowing the guy’s desperate, Danmi raised her brows and asked “and if I win?”

Taken back a little Jaejoong didn’t say anything first. He admits that he blurted something without thinking. He was even surprised those words left his mouth. He was about to say that he was just kidding and it was just a spur of the moment thing or he was possessed for a split second but there’s going back now. “Then I’ll marry you.”

Danmi chuckled. She knows she should be offended or something but the audacity of it all made her laugh. Her life suddenly became so interesting to her now. “Let me get this straight. We’re playing a game of pool. If you win we would march to your parent’s office, say no and that we don’t want to spend the rest of our lives together.” Jaejoong nodded. That sounded really good to him, the scene already playing his head and he can’t help to be a little faithful. The others just look back and forth between them knowing that it’s a conversation that they shouldn’t meddle with.

She crossed her arms on her chest. “BUT if I win, we march down the aisle say I do and spend the rest of our lives together.” Jaejoong nodded hesitantly. Now that he realized it he wanted to punch himself. He didn’t know it was possible but now he believed being desperate killed all of his brain cells. Placing his entire future in a pool game is really stupid beyond so many levels he thought.

“Fine, let’s play.” Jaejoong was confident at first, being a guy playing against a girl on the game of billiards. But then he remembered she’s no ordinary girl and the she owns three clubs so obviously these of games are her thing and suddenly he’s not so confident anymore.

The other watched like it was an international competition. Danmi and Jaejoong taking their time measuring and spotting each ball both not wanting to lose. The two moved and play their turns like their pros. They would hide the ball and make things difficult for the other, both showing no mercy.

The five gotta admit the way Danmi play the game is such a turn on. She would lean and her leather shirt would ride up showing her milky white skin underneath, her not so long skirt didn’t help either. Her long and wavy brunette hair was brushed to the side exposing her alluring neck. And when she sat on the pool table with her flawless leg on the table the other dangling to make a shot, the five gulped and needed to take a breather.

If she wasn’t a friend, a schoolmate, a future sister-in-law, a forced fiancée or whatever her label is to them surely one of them would have slept with her already. Or probably all of them would have made their moves already.

The last ball fell on the hole ending the game. Their hearts thumped loudly on their chest but nobody uttered a single word.

“I win.”


 

thank you guys for subscribing and commenting. I feel pressured I don't know if I could live up to your expectations but I'll do my best. I hope I don't disappoint you.

xavi26 : I'll do my best to keep her strong. Though I admit that she was suppose to be submassive at the first. But then I realized that I should make her tough, like you said. I hope you stayed tuned and hang in there..

Jun_KOI_Mi : Thanks, I hope I could keep her that way and soft at the same time. arrhgh, it's frustrating