Ch 30: Mistakes of the Past

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

“Hey” Danmi greeted as Jaejoong entered the door and took off his coat which Danmi took and hung. The two were still not on speaking terms but Danmi wanted to put an end on their cold war. She realized that he never lied, and he did everything with her knowing. It’s just she got really pissed off

When she thought about the million girls he slept with on his bed, at their home. You can’t blame him since he’s probably lonely or and she’s not present at the time. Their marriage wasn’t ordinary either. I guess nothing would be normal between us.

She doesn’t know why this is getting under her skin now. Like why she’s mad and irritated at something that she knows, something he never kept from her and something she never complained about before. So she decided to wave the white flag since things were already done and it’s not like he’s going to apologize. Might as well let it go and drop it like he said.

“How was your day?” she asked as he seated on the dinner table. She waited for his answer, but he acted like he didn’t hear a single word. “Jagiya” she tried. He always melts whenever she calls him that but this time it didn’t work as well.

 

“It’s fine.” Jaejoong finally responded not even sparing her a glance as he continued with his meal.

 

Hearing his response, Danmi felt a little bit better. A little more sugar coat and surely things would be back to normal she believes. “Come on, your still mad. Let’s have lunch together tomorrow, my treat” Maybe her peace offering/ bribe is too obvious, but she really hates it when they’re fighting.

“You don’t have to.” His voice stern and low.

 

“It’s okay. Its the least I could do. Besides I’m already sick of the food in the cafeteria. It’s too oily and they kept having the same menu.”

“Danmi you don’t have to.” He stated but Danmi barely heard as she kept blabbering.

 

“I know this place that has great spaghetti. You like spaghetti right? It’s not that far, a few minute drive only.”

 

“No”

 

“I know you’re busy but you have to eat too. It won’t take much of your time. Let’s just go there, eat fast and you can go back to you work.”

 

“No.”

 

“30 minutes or less. They sell great spaghetti. I haven’t had spa--”

“I SAID NO! Didn’t you hear?! You are so annoying!” he threw his chopsticks and abruptly stood up. “Can’t you understand a NO! Just do what you’re told alright. Aren’t you good with that? Isn’t that your specialty? That’s why we’re in this mess in the first place.” He looked down on her with full of disgust before kicking the chair and leaving to the door.

 

Danmi sat there cold as ice. She never thought she would ever hear those words from him. Did she really push him too hard that he got that mad and spoke those words. He didn’t mean them, he’s just angry. People don’t mean what they say when they’re angry, right? Needing a breath of fresh air and a shot glass she went to the place where she can have both.

 

The bartender sighed as Danmi asked for another drink. He told her that she already had enough but the club’s owner is a good drinker. “Thanks.”

“Hey y lady. You need some company?” Some dandy guy that Danmi didn’t even bother to glance at asked.

“ off!” she shouted and the dandy guy immediately went off. She’s drinking alone and probably looks like a girl calling for a wolf.

 

“Danmi” Yunho sat down beside her and the smell of liquor greeted him. “How much did she drink?” he asked the bartender.

 

“She’s been here for hours already.” The bartender answered. “She keeps chugging it down like water.”

 

Yunho looked at her worriedly as she chug another shot. “Danmi ah, does Jaejoong know you’re here? Did you guys fight?” he asked as he tried to pry her hands away from the bottle which she fought for. “Danmi ah, I’m going to call Jaejoong. Stop drinking.”

 

“Yunho, you’re my friend and I like you but please stop adding yourself to the long list of people who keeps telling me what to do.”

 

Her words made him dropped his hands and Yunho can’t help but only watch. “Danmi ah. I’m your friend tell me what’s wrong. Stop acting like this.”

 

“Jaejoong hates me.” Her eyes looked like tears would drop any moment and its scaring the hell of Yunho. It pains him to see her like this.

 

“He doesn’t hate you.”

 

“He hates me. No need to lie Yunho.” “Did he say that he hates you?”

 

“Am I really annoying? Do I bother people?”

“No. of course you’re not. Who said that to you? Did Jaejoong said that?”

 

Danmi shook her head then sigh like she wanted all the air out of her body and turned to Yunho with a smile. “I’m fine Yunho. We had a small fight and it just got to me bad so I came here to loosen up a bit. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine tomorrow morning.”

 

“If you keep drinking you won’t be.” Yunho was surprised. Even intoxicated Danmi still act all cool and mature.

 

“Don’t mind him if he’s being a jerk. If he said anything bad just ignore it. He probably didn’t mean it.” he advised as he patted her on the back.

 

Danmi already woozy leaned that their face were only a few meters apart. “But what if it’s my fault. I nag too much and annoyed him. I know he slept around when I wasn’t around but when he brought it up I got really mad. At home I kept thinking ‘did he someone here? Did they here?’ Now I feel uncomfortable around the house. It disgusts me.” She made a scowling face that Yunho rated a perfect ten for aegyo. “I got really mad and made huge fit about it and now he’s mad at me.”

 

“It’s not your fault” He knows he shouldn’t but he can’t help but laugh at her actions. She’s being cute and acting childish. “He did do those things. You have a right to be angry.”

 

Danmi pointed her hand to Yunho like she was giving him a lecture. “Ara! But he won’t apologize or anything like that. So I got angrier and didn’t speak to him but that didn’t work either then things just got worst and now he’s angry with me.” Her excessive actions are making him laugh even more.

 

“So you feel that it’s your fault?” Yunho asked to which Danmi nodded like a bobble head. “Have you apologized?” After giving it much thought she shook her head no. “Then why don’t you cook him his favorite food and apologize. I bet he can’t say no to that. And if that didn’t work just act all cute and pitiful.”

 

“So I should apologize for getting mad because he did something wrong?” Ok that doesn’t sound right the way she put it.

Why is this hard? Are relationships really that hard or is it just this one? Yunho asked himself. “Just do some aegyo and you’ll have him in the bag.”

With her head turned to the side “aegyo?” and with her lips pouted “I don’t have any aegyo.” That made him laugh even more “just do what you’re doing now and you’ll be fine.”

“But what if it doesn’t work out?”

“You think too much. What’s the worst he could do?” Danmi couldn’t help but nod weakly. “Come let me take you home.”

 

Jaejoong glanced at the clock. It’s already 1:37 in the morning and she still hasn’t come home. He tried calling her though that took a long deliberation with his pride but she didn’t pick up. His brows furrowed and jaws tightened and it’s been a few hours like that. He doesn’t know what to do anymore and all sorts of scenario played in his mind like accidents, murderer and all sorts of crimes he watched on the news and CSI.

He looked at the photos in his hands again. The box sent to him that morning contained pictures of his best friend and wife being too friendly without him. They were pictures of Yunho and Danmi chummy and friendly. There’s nothing wrong with the pictures actually. They’re just laughing and having a good time but they made his blood boil. He knows that Danmi is closest to Yunho among his other friends. Yunho was the first guy he befriended among the five of them. He treats her special and so does she. At first he thought that it’s because she’s his wife so it’s only natural for Yunho to look after her. So though he gets jealous from time to time seeing they’re closeness he just shrugged it off. But how can he shrug it off when there are pictures of them looking like a couple in a date and having a great time.

 

He remembered the other times that they’re so close to each other. Even when the six of them together sometimes they look like they have their own world. When they’re still in high school, he would always see the two of them together. He also remembered when they played basketball at her house and Yunho’s hugging her from behind. He remembered the times that Yunho would defend her every time he would insult her. He trampled her feelings but Yunho stood up for her.

DING! He didn’t even checked who it was and just opened the door. Yunho stood at his front door with a barely conscious Danmi on his arms. Without second thoughts he took her from him like a sack of rice.

He immediately went inside as the other man followed.

“I saw her at High Time. She was already a bit tipsy when I got there.” Yunho stated but Jaejoong just kept quiet and softly placed Danmi softly in the couch. “I tried calling you but she told me not to.”

 

“Aren’t you obedient.” Jaejoong’s tone full of cynicism.

 

“I brought her here! Shouldn’t you be thanking me?” Yunho said in disbelief. Why does he feel like Jaejoong is putting the blame on him. “This is not my fault. You’re the one who fought with her. I brought her here didn’t I!”

 

“Nobody told you to!” Jaejoong’s anger getting the best of him. How can he be grateful when the actual reason they’re fighting is because of him. How can he be thankful when he’s dying of worry of where she is only to know that she’s with him.

 

“Then should I have just turn a blind eye when I saw her there being miserable and approached by some disgusting pig?” that kept him quiet. Yunho sighed heavily as he walked to the door. He knows his friend is just worried since he and Danmi fought and she got home really late but his temper got the better of him. He was already midway of closing the door when he stopped and swung it wider. “Jaejoong, she’s your wife and I know it’s not my place to say this and I don’t have any right. But she’s really upset that you guys fought. Don’t you think you two are making a bigger deal on all of this?”

 

“You’re right.” Jaejoong snickered and met Yunho eye to eye. “You don’t have any right.”

Yunho’s mouth gaped in speechless. He can’t believe that his best friend would say such a thing, mad or not. “You’re hopeless. Do what you want.” He stated as closed the door.

 

With the lamp their only light, Jaejoong watched as Danmi woke up because of their bantering and the bang of the door. He watched her from the other end of the couch as she stirred in her sleep and looked at her surroundings. “Jagiya.” She murmured when she saw him. “Jagiya” Normally he would make a fit of teasing or smiling like an idiot but this time he just kept his mouth shut.

 

“Are you still mad?” she asked through half closed eyes. When he didn’t answer she slowly crawled to him and sat on his lap with her legs on both of his sides. Her face was so close to him that he could smell her alcohol scented breath. He waited for what she’s about to say but a hand touched his face instead.

 

SLAP! Okay it’s not like he’s never been slap before. He played many girls so from time to time they get physical specially when he breaks their heart.

In the cutest voice of hers that he ever heard “You jerk, I should be the one who is supposed to be angry with you, not the other way around! Why are you acting like girl on her period?” That slap woke his senses up. “Why is my husband such a jerk?” her fist pounded on his chest but Jaejoong can’t help but find her cute and smile at her actions.

 

“You idiot! Moron!” Her blows weren’t that hard because she’s drunk but still they hurt. She continued to hit him with every word but Jaejoong tried to stop her by holding her arms. When she ran out of Korean insults she continued in Japanese making Jaejoong laugh even harder. “Yah stop laughing! I know four languages and I can curse you in seven!” (Learning a new language always starts with cursing)

 

That made him laugh even louder. “Stop hitting me. It hurts.” Her body froze like her stop button was pushed.“Cheongmal?” her voice like a melody to his ears.

 

Jaejoong swallowed hard. He doesn’t know how to handle a drunk, overly cute Danmi. She was looking at him with those puppy dog hazelnut eyes and pouting lips. Suddenly his throat felt dry. He has never seen her in such a vulnerable state before. She has always kept her cool and grace. Now he’s seeing this side of her, he’s at loss. He was captivated.

 

“Did I hurt you here?” she asked as she held the sides of his face and kissed his forehead. His whole body froze and eyes turned dark. “Did I hurt you here?” she asked as she placed her hands on his shoulders and slowly leaned and kiss his eye. He knows she’s drunk but if she continued teasing him like this, he might just snap and lose control.

“Seo Danmi.” He warned but she just smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek. Jaejoong humorously chuckled his voice low “don’t play with me.” His hands went to her lower back and under her chin as he abruptly pulled her for a deep kiss. The alcohol helped her bravery and killed her sanity. Their mouth played and danced with the other. Her hands played with his hair as they pulled themselves closer. His hands went under her shirt and roamed her . She nip and bit his lips making him moan, making him want more. But he won’t back down. This is his game, a game he always wins. So he did the same, showing her how a man does it.

 

The air around them suddenly felt hot. He tastes sweet. She tastes addicting. He devoured her as he played with . Their tongue battling for dominance as both ran out of air but neither backing down. found his ears and started nibbling making him groan. She would bit and his ear and it drove him insane.

 

traveled to his neck and he pulled her closer. His hands went to her sides and he can already touch the sides of her bra. Jaejoong moaned in satisfaction as she bit and his neck as her hands caressed his chest. He felt hot. He felt tight. His hand went behind her and unhooked her bra. He felt her stop and got worried so he started caressing her back again to calm her down “Danmi” his voice airy and seducing. He waited for her response or reaction but he got her steady breathing as an answer.

 

“” he cursed as his wife fell asleep on top of him. Closing his eyes and leaning his head on the sofa with Danmi still on top of him, he ran his hands through his hair and her head. “You’re really driving me crazy.”

 


In light of Jonghyuns passing I know all of us are mourning. I am not a fan, and I can't even say that I undertand  and feel what shawols are feeling right now. But I have been following shinee for years now. My sister is a shawol. and I've been listening to their songs, every news, every comeback every controversy. I gifted her their album for her birthdays, special occasions and for whatever reasons. I have been hearing stories about them, about him growing up. How good of a person he is.

I have heard all the hardship they went through, every act of kindness they did, all the problems that they went through. I have praised them time and time again for their talent. For their perfect sync whenever they're dancing. Yes I have always refered to them as them. It has always been the five of them. Never it occured to me that there could be less. My sister has always been proud. Proud that she is a fan of such talented, awesome and kind idol. She always brag about being them being the most behave idols, and their fandom being the nicest among others. And it breaks my heart to know that the guys whom I have been hearing stories for years is just gone now.

Those five boys lives I've been listening to, is a member less. They are a closer to my heart that other idols since they are my sisters bias group. It shows in my story. They actually have a role in my story. What happened is just pure sadness. I have lost a loved one before, it is painfull, and I know no words can be used to say what his family and s are feeling right now. Our only consolation is that he is not suffeing anymore. No more suffering for that guy.

I mourned in my own way. not the way others did. But in my own way I did. I learnt about his death on our christmas party. I passed on that party, knowing it wouldn't be right and would be disrepectful to party. I know I'm just talking to myself. Messages like this is all over the net right now. No body even reads this long author's note. I know, I just want to let this out.

Jonghyun, you did well, it's okay. Good bye.