Ch 13: Bonding

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

Danmi slouch her body getting her face nearest to the bowl as possible with Jaejoong watching the scene like a Korean drama series. Every move she makes indicates pain and getting her face almost touching the porridge bowl uses least muscle movements.

“You need some help?”

“No I’m fine.” She answered not even looking up. The less you move the better she thought.

“Ok. Just to be clear I asked to help alright.” He said before picking up his own utensils.

Danmi smiled painfully and carefully leaned back on the chair. “I’m full.”

“What? You barely ate. You have to finish that.” How can she put all his hard work to waste? Kim Jaejoong cooking only happens as seldom as cats take baths. She has to eat everything.

“Jaejoong I’m full and tired.”

“But I cooked that. You’re the first girl I cooked for and you’re not even going to eat it all?” Jaejoong was clearly offended.

“You don’t cook for Yuri?”

“We usually order take outs. It would be a waste of time if I cook in her house. We’d rather spend it together.”

I shouldn’t have asked Danmi thought. Jaejoong smiled widely as Danmi picked her spoon again and started eating “I just have to finish this right?”

“Why didn’t you fight back?” he asked with his hand under his chin as he watches her eat slowly.

Danmi not slouching so much this time answered. “I was outnumbered and that Jessica girl was holding a bottle of acid.”

Jaejoong wasn’t even surprise, it was Jessica after all. He stared at her bruised hand given by the handcuffs. “Why did you come up there?”

“I thought it was you.”

“So you just came because you thought it was me?”

“Yeah, I thought you needed to say something that couldn’t wait till we got home.”

Home, a word Jaejoong never used before. “Can we talk about living together?” Danmi stiffened for a moment. “I know you don’t want maids in the house but we live together now. Let’s get one.”

“If we got one your parents will know that we’re not sleeping on the same bed.” There was that matter, room arrangements. Both of them haven’t brought it up before. They thought it was given, they’re not sharing beds. Their still young and immature, sharing a bed could make anything happen. Both of them weren’t prepared for marriage much less making a family. They don’t need things more complicated as it is.

“How about cleaning? Who’s going to do all those house stuff?” clearly he’s not going to do any of those.

“I can do the basic and let’s just hire someone who could come once or twice a week. I’ve been living like that for years and it worked well for me. Why don’t we give it a try?”

Jaejoong contemplated. Having maids around is sometimes a nuisance. And surely his parents especially his mom would intervene every chance she could get. She was also against him marrying but couldn’t do anything because it was his father who wants to.  So prying to his now ‘married life’ would something his mother would be more than happy to do. “Fine, let’s give it a try.”

After Jaejoong washed the dishes (pushed the button on the dishwasher) both of them sat to watch some TV. They weren’t really watching. They were talking with the TV on. “I’ll cook you breakfast and dinner. Is there any food you like and dislike?” They sat on the long sofa occupying both sides as they sat face to face with a pillow in between.

“I like rice in the morning and ohh coffee. Don’t forget to make coffee. I get grumpy if I don’t drink it in the morning.” Jaejoong stated remembering how he fired a few maids after serving him with hot chocolate.

“Do you eat vegetables?”

“Not all. I like leafy vegetables and root crops but don’t cook much of that. It gives me gas.” They both laughed getting more comfortable with each other.

“Is there any food you allergic to?”

“None that I’m aware off.”

“How about dinner?”

“I’m fine with everything. Just don’t cook too much fried foods, don’t make soups too often and there should be at least three dishes, side dish not included. Pasta from time to time would also be good.”

“You sure you’re not picky?” Danmi chuckled.

“I’m not. That’s how I usually ate” he defended.

“Jaejoong I can’t do what your five maids could do. I’ll do my best but don’t get mad if I can only cook a single dish a meal.” Outworking five maids who all have the time the entire day to clean the house is impossible if you’re a student who still goes to school and manage a business.

“Fine! But the food has got to be really delicious.” Jaejoong compromised. Maybe having her by his side doesn’t seem so bad at all.

 

Jaejoong was flipping through the channels when Danmi shouted “STOP!”

“Are you serious?” he looked at her with mouth open wide.

“What?! They’re HOT!” she exclaimed smiling from ear to ear.

“They’re GAY!”

“Dong Bang Shin Ki is NOT gay. They look so cool when they dance and their voice is just AMAZING!!”

“How could men be so touchy touchy with each other.” Jaejoong grimaced as the TV shows Hero and U-know hugging each other.

“That’s called fan service and brotherly love.”

Jaejoong looked at the screen in disgust. “Yeah right, you fan girls and your obsessions.”

“They’re really good at singing. I have all their CD’s ever since they debut.” (I wish)

“Those CD’s in your room?”

“You saw them?”

“How could I not. There’s a huge book shelf full of them.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“That’s my collection. I’m a music lover. I think I collected somewhere near 1,400 so far.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened. “That many??!!”

“Yeah, there’s still some in my old house. Two more book shelves and a half. I always buy CD’s for the club. When the DJ doesn’t play them anymore I take them home and then they just piled up. It started with just a few before I knew it hundreds then I got shelves custom made and they became thousands.”

“How’s purple line anyways?”

“It’s fine. Onew’s taking care of it. It’s the other clubs I have to look over.”

“Why?”

“High time gives me headaches from time to time because of a few spoiled second generation chaebols who thinks they could but the world with money but most of the time its fine.” She looked at him with eyes saying ‘just like you’. “Mirotic on the other hand is a pain. That place always has too much drama.”

“They why don’t you close it? Why are you running it anyway?”

“Because it’s fun. And I already got used to the nuisance. You could say I like the stress it gives me. Don’t worry you’ll understand it when you get older” Danmi chuckled.

“Yah!”

“Just kidding” Danmi chuckled. “shshh! They’re about to sing!” Jaejoong rolled his eyes but turned to the TV after.

HUG

Just for one day I would like to be the bed in your room

oh baby

I want to hold you in my chest more warmly

I want to know you a little more through your smallest whispers

I would even win against the monsters in your dreams

 

For days of my life you aren't in, how do I pass them by?

I am so curious of how much you love me

I want to become a page in the diary in your small drawer

To fill my feelings with your unknown secrets

Secretly

 

Just for one day I would like to be your kitten

oh baby

While staying in your soft bosom, enjoying the delicious milk you give

While I move around playing

I must have unknowingly felt jealousy inside your cute kisses

 

My feelings are like this, something you cannot see on the outside

No matter who I look at or where I am, you are the only one I see

 

Just for one day I want to be your close lover

I would hear all your boastings and complaints

For you

 

In my heart, in my soul

Although this love is still a bit clumsy, it is everything in the world

I want to give it to you, even if in my dreams

 

My feelings are like this, and even if I can only watch

I am so thankful, I am very happy

Even if I come short a bit, until whenever by your side

I want to be stay you lover

 

I want to freeze in time with you held against my chest

(Hence where this song name comes from)

Forever

 

“Jaejoong let’s buy a cat!”

“MWO? NO!! I hate pets!!”

“But I love pets. Can we please get one?” Danmi pouted and honestly it made Jaejoong waver.

“No, there’s two of us here already and no maids. No need to get one who needs to be taken care off. You need to feed them, bathe them and play with them. That’s too troublesome.”

“You’re right. I wasn’t thinking. It’s just Max look so cute with that cat that I got jealous.” Danmi hugged the pillow tighter and looked at the TV screen.

“Of him?”

“No, the cat.”

Jaejoong laughed out loud. He didn’t know Danmi could be such a fan girl and could be so uhhm cute? “You’re jealous of the cat so you want one?”

“Because Max was so cute when he kissed that cat and he’s just so adorable. I want to kiss him and hug him and ohh U-Know and his teeth. Sooooooo cute!! I definitely want them to warm my bed!!”

Jaejoong was speechless. He doesn’t know if he should laugh or be mortified of what he’s hearing. Kiss? Hug? Teeth? Warm bed? Those definitely have different meanings in his dictionary. But Danmi on the other hand is clueless. She just sat there squealing and ogling like a total fan girl that she is. “Hey, I’m right here. I’m way cuter than all of them combined.”

“Haha! Yeah right” she said in a mocking tone.

“I am! I’m cuter and definitely more handsome.”

“Sure sure if that makes you feel better.”

“I AM”

“araso, araso” she replied chuckling making him scoff.

Whatever”