Ch 25: Green Monster

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

Jaejoong chuckled feeling the girls hands run up his thigh. Just like before they found another reason to party and drink the night out. This time it was for Danmi’s first day of work. And currently she was standing in front of them glaring the girl down to ashes.

“Oppa who is she?” the girl ask while trying to answer Danmi’s glare but everyone in the room could see she’s far from winning.

“I’m his wife actually”

The girl gasped for a second before roaming around Danmi to Jaejoong “but Oppa you’re not wearing a ring. Is she really your wife?”

Jaejoong with his arm still resting on the sofa around the girl only shrugged. He was really enjoying this. He hasn’t seen Danmi angry before so don’t blame him for wanting to see his wife jealous or tomato red in anger.

“Oppa didn’t say yes.” The girl stood up trying to act tall and tough in front of Danmi. “Besides why would he go out with a girl like you? You’re not that even pretty.”

The other guys wolf whistled like good spectators of a production number. They know better than to get involve with a girl fight. And who are they kidding; they’re enjoying every bit of it. Danmi glanced behind a girl and saw Jaejoong smiling smugly. Knowing the guys were having the high light of their night she decided to give them a show. If she’s stepping down at least it won’t be that low. “And you think you’re better than me?”

“I am!” the girl fought back. “I’m prettier. I have an S line body. And my skin’s glowing unlike your dirty skin.”

Danmi gaped in disbelief while they guys hooted an oooww like someone performed a magic trick. Composing herself she crossed her arms over her chest and looked a girl from head to toe making the girl quiver. “You do look pretty. Very y, the type my husband would bang and dump the next morning.”

“What?”

“You have a small face and double eyelids too. Where did you get those done? Did you get them done the same time as your cheek bones?”

“Excuse me?!” the girl shouted red in the face with her fist clenched. The guys laughed but kept their guard on. They love girl fights but not fist fights, well maybe not if their friend is involved.

“You also have a nice nose. But I think it’s still a bit lopsided. Maybe you should see you plastic surgeon again. You should ask if your nose could be fixed. I heard if you’re not satisfied with their work you could come back again and the second treatment is free.” Danmi smirked seeing the girl loose her confidence.

“Your scar hasn’t fully healed yet so you should come back later. I know a good surgeon. I could give you recommendation. He’s an expert on surgery gone bad cases. Whose nose was your surgeon going for anyway?” Danmi cradled her fingers under her chin staring at her nose as if contemplating where she has seen it before. “Jennifer Aniston? No her nose wasn’t that tall. Kim Kardashian? No, maybe it’s A--”

“it’s Kiera Knightly’s!!” the room became silent. Danmi smirked and raised her brows knowing she already on the battle. Suddenly Jaejoong laughed loudly followed by his friends. Raising the white flag, the girl give Danmi her most powerful glare before stomping her foot to the door.

The guys applauded and wolf whistled thanking Danmi for the wonderful show. With her arms crossed again Danmi took a seat beside Jaejoong who immediately wrapped his arms around her still laughing. “make me do that again and you’re dead.”

Jaejoong chuckled and gave Danmi a side hug. “Araso araso. You know I was just having fun”

“Really? I don’t find it funny at all” She grunted. She hates lowering herself down to take care of brainless people like the girl earlier.

Jaejoong giggled seeing his wife piss off he tightened the side hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek “I’m not letting that happen again”

“You better not.”

“Get a room” Junsu complained “stop making us single people jealous. Beside we’re here to celebrate sister-in-law’s first day on the job.” The two chuckled and settled on their seats.

“How did it go by the way?” expect Yunho to ask what would normally would. Sometimes Danmi thinks he’s the only sane and normal among them.

“It was fine. I’m on the Internal auditing Department my team leader showed me around this morning and gave me 1,500 paged book with ant like font that I have to finish reading by next week.”

“Their department’s really small. Only consist of a few people but they report directly to me.” Jaejoong stated.

“Your internal auditing’s not under Finance department?” Yunho asked in a business-like manner.

“It used to be like that when my father was in charge but when I stepped in I made them independent. It actually improved their decision making. Their department became more productive and more jobs were done.”

“Maybe I should suggest that on the next board meeting. Our company needs tight internal control.” Yoochun stated contemplating with the idea.

“Did you find any hot guys?” Junsu smiled from ear to ear raising his drink.

Danmi chuckled not noticing Jaejoong give Junsu a disapproving look. “Well my co-workers are really nice and everyone was really friendly.”

“Did anyone make any moves already? Did anyone perk your interest?”

“Park Yoochun!” Jaejoong shouted in a menacing tone.

“What? Don’t tell me you weren’t curious.”

Instead of answering Jaejoong turned to look at Danmi waiting for her answer. “Well there’s this one guy.”

“Owwww, see there’s this one guy and?” Changmin leaned in smiling like someone delivered him free pizza. He could see his oldest hyung was annoyed and he was enjoying every bit of it.

“He’s the chief internal auditor and he was really nice and funny, a perfect gentleman too.”

“Was he the one who showed you around?” asked Yunho

Danmi nodded “he was the one in charge to help me adjust.”

“So you’re going to be together most of the time, like partners right?” Changmin was in the financing department thus knowing a bit how things work since he had a senior to help him too when he was still starting.

“You can call it that, mostly a week or so. There are lots of things that I have to learn.”

“Is he Song Joong Ki?”

“You know him?”

“Of course. I’m the CEO, I know all my employees.” That earned him an ‘are you kidding look’ from everyone. “Well at least the top ones. Besides like I said the Internal Auditing reports directly to me and I know all the people who comes and goes at my office. OH yeah, there’s a forum on our company website about the flower boys in our company and he’s on the top 5” Jaejoong agrees that the guy wasn’t too bad himself. As much as he doesn’t care, he noticed the girls pay more attention whenever he’s the one presenting during meetings.

“Oh yeah, every company has those kind of things. I also go there sometimes to spy on our employees” Yunho the ninja stated.

Junsu nodded “I go there when I’m stressed and vent out my frustrations.”

“I go there too.”

“What do you do in there?”

“To see what the canteen’s having for lunch. You could make request and suggestions of what you want in our company’s website. So far they still haven’t served the steak I was requesting.”

“Min, it’s a restaurant not a five star hotel. Your company would go under if they serve your every employee with A grade imported turkey.” Danmi explained but the look on Changmin’s face told them he wasn’t convinced and that he’ll still wait for his steak. And now that he thought of it, he’s filling a complaint.

“How about you?” they asked Yoochun.

“I used to go there too to pick on girls but didn’t go well. Now I know business and pleasure are separate.” They raised their brows knowing there’s more to the story. But then again they didn’t want to know about the Casanova’s capades and decided in unison not to ask.

“How about me?” he pointed to himself “what number am I? I’m at the top right?” Danmi averted her eyes and wandered around pretending she didn’t hear him at all. “Yah!”

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

“Jagiya, your tie” Jaejoong smiled staring at his wife as she fixed her tie. “There, good to go.” She bid goodbye and kissed his cheek.

Even if she already works at the same company they don’t go to work together. Danmi didn’t go through the back door when she applied. It’s not that doesn’t want to be treated special, well maybe a little bit of that. But her main reason was if the Board of Directors or her family knew that she’s working in the company, surely their eyes would be glued at her. She doesn’t want to work with people putting too much high expectations on her shoulders or kissing her for that matter. She doesn’t want them approaching her for favours or anything that is beyond her job description. Saying that she’s the CEO’s wife and one of the major stock holders of the company is just cost exceeding its benefits.

Later she learned that only a few of Jaejoong’s staff (could be counted by one hand), mostly high officials knows that he’s married. She didn’t blame him. They got married even before they went to college and she never showed up in any event or even visited his office before. The tabloids even stopped writing about him since they got married. Thus Jaejoong being a married guy was buried the day they got married.

“Hey gorgeous” Joongki greeted with his nice guy smile.

“Hey there” She can’t help but smile when this guy’s around. He just has that effect on people.

He placed a stack of papers on Danmi’s table “I hate to break this to you but we have to finish auditing by tomorrow.”

Danmi gawked at the mountain high papers on her desk; she was even surprised how the guy was able to carry it. “All of this?”

“ALL” he gestured to all the paper with his hands. “I did some sampling and found that their internal control is as good as cat guarding a house. So we have to recheck all of these and make adjustments. There are lots of misstatements of account titles and misappropriations of amounts.”

“Omissions?” she asked hoping that the answer would be somehow favourable.

“Not that much. I think it’s the usual problem on segregation of duties and too much familiarity with job.”

Danmi blew air preparing herself “fine, let’s do this.”

Jaejoong searched through the crowds in the canteen. Heads bowed with slight confusion on their face. Who wouldn’t be? He’s the CEO of the company and right now he’s standing at the cafeteria looking for a brunette haired girl that was now currently out of sight.

He was expecting to see her there with that Song Joongki guy. But to his puzzlement she was nowhere to be found. He tried calling him before since he wanted to eat lunch with her but her phone was switched off.

Feeling a hunch Jaejoong went to her department’s office. His instinct was right Danmi was there with her glasses on and her head buried in the documents. He was about to go inside and ask her for lunch when someone came to view.

“Here you go. Fries, coke, cheeseburger, spaghetti and a double cheeseburger for brunch later” Joongki stated taking each out of the plastic.

“Thanks, I’m starving.” Immediately she unwrap the cheeseburger and took a big bite.

“Wah, You don’t look pretty when you eat at all” he taunted shaking his head from side to side.

“I don’t need to look pretty in front of you” she stuck his tongue out.

“Too late, you already look pretty in my eyes” he grinned wiggling his eyebrows teasing.

Danmi laughed out and hit him slightly in the arm. “I didn’t know hunger does that to you. You should never get hungry. You get so cheesy.”

Joongki laughed along “I didn’t eat breakfast and this lunch is quite late. And with all those cross footing my head doesn’t function properly anymore.”

“Araso araso, get some food on that stomach of yours before you disease gets worst.”

His face like he was really asking “I have a disease now? Can’t I have sickness first then disease?”

“What are you saying? That doesn’t make sense.” She giggled before eating spaghetti.

“It’s all those numbers.” Joongki pinched the bridge of his nose for dramatic effect. “This is that old man’s fault. How could he drop a bomb on us like this?” Danmi nodded in agreement.

Jaejoong watched the two as they were so comfortable with each other. His hands balled into fist, his other hand griping the knob tightly. He can’t believe his wife was flirting inside his company, with his employee and even right in front of him!

BAM

Both looked at the door surprised with the sudden noise. “Is there an open window?”

Danmi shook her head no “This office is air-conditioned”

Their eyes met before widening. Both hugged themselves and visibly shivered “Danmi! I’m afraid of ghost!”

“Me too! Eotookhae!” Danmi felt like crying remembering they have to stay late.