Ch 5: Business Partners

Loving You Is Not An Easy Thing To Do

Danmi smiled smugly. “So when are you going to tell them?”

Jaejoong felt his world deflated. His mind couldn’t even think right now. He just lost his future to a game of pool. Suddenly all his muscles felt like jelly and anytime he would flop on the ground like those dramatic Korean girls on TV.

Danmi’s smirked got wider seeing him being lost like a child. She crossed her arms over her chest, satisfied seeing his crestfallen face. “Don’t worry. I’m not making you marry me, I’m not that childish.” Danmi declared.

His jaw tightened with fist holding the pool stick tightly. His looked at her as if he’s already killing her with his eyes. His friends stayed mute, not also sure on how to react. Seeing the smile on his face, he threw the pool stick somewhere. What she said hurt his man pride but he’s going to complain or anything. He’s not stupid enough to be the man with his word right now. He did enough stupid things for the night, he already made his quota.

“But I hope you consider me.” Her eyes met his both staring at each other expressionless. Slowly as if for dramatic effect she placed the pool stick on the table. “I’m not really that bad. I know everything you could look for a wife. Be it household chores or social graces I know all of them. I spent my more than half of my life learning them. So I hope you rethink through this.” Like close friends, Danmi put a hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder tapping it lightly a few times before leaving with Jaejoong just standing there.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

“What’s up?” L greeted her as she sat beside him.

“Hey.” Danmi greeted back and smiled at L like she doesn’t know Jaejoong have been staring at her the moment her foot stepped in the room. The two talked comfortably with one another as Jaejoong tries his best to make a hole through Danmi’s head.

“Okay class today we are going to have to partner up. Just chose your partner among yourselves and get to know each other. You can talk about anything, common interest, social peers, the latest fashion trends or the Miss Universe pageant. Any topic you want would be fine as long as I see you talking with your lips actually moving. And since this is English class every word should be in English of course. The students groaned in unison. English isn’t really their favourite subject.

Naturally it would be Danmi and L partnering up but Yoochun had a different idea. “Hey. Let do this activity.”

L looked at Yoochun and Danmi. He didn’t know what’s going on but he’s not stupid not to get the picture. “I’ll look for another partner.”

Danmi raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything. Yoochun pulled a chair so that the two of them were now sitting face to face. “You don’t mind having me as your English partner right?”

“Not really, though I wasn’t expecting you to ask me” she said honestly. “I thought you’ll be partnering with your friends.”

“Well I’m trying to make you my friend.” Yoochun smiled. The first day she met the guy she already knew that he’s a player. A Casanova who changes girls like he changes his bed covers. Wait, he changes covers after he bangs girls. Yup, girls and bed sheets are related.  Now she knows how he captivates and breaks girls’ hearts. With dandy suave appeal, a handsome face and a background to match any girl would fall gladly into his trap.

“Though as much as I’m grateful of that, I don’t think Jaejoong would appreciate that.” True to her words instead of conversing with Yunho, Jaejoong just kept looking at them leaving a bored Yunho who has no choice to also looking at them with ‘what am I supposed to see’ expression.

“Don’t mind him he’s just PMSing” Yoochun joked to which Danmi giggled earning a few stabbing stares from Jaejoong and an ‘I’m still waiting for something here’ from Yunho. “The game last night was really good. Let’s play some other time.”

“Sure why not? There’s no harm to a friendly match. Let’s not try to bet thought. You guys put too much at stake.”

Yoochun chuckled from her witty comment. “I don’t think I would win so no betting.”

“Don’t worry I’ll go easy on you” she taunted him.

“Hey, no need to hurt my pride. I might not be as good you but I can hold my ground.”

“Haha, such games are my thing. You’re a party goer and I’m a party maker. Let’s leave it at that.”

“You really like that club businesses of yours don’t you?”

She propped her arms on her desk and leaned placing her chin on her hand. “Yeah there are always new things to try. I’m even planning of putting up a new one.”

“Really? Another one like purple line?”

“No, like I said I like to try new things. That’s why the three are different from each other. Right now I’m still planning it. I already conducted a feasibility study and also found a good location.  I don’t know if I should push through but a few more sugar coating from my friends and I think I’ll give in.”

Yoochun getting even more curious leaned in and got closer “What business are you planning this time? Is it also a club?”

“Yeah, a strip club”

Yoochun’s eyes widened. “Seriously? A strip club?”

She smiled and leaned back as if the secret was already been told. “I think that would be fun.”

“You officially are the coolest girl I know. You definitely have to start that business. I’ll be a regular customer” Yoochun smiled from ear to ear not being able to contain his joy.

“Haha, you’re that eager?” Danmi chuckled seeing the over excited Yoochun.

“Hehe, no matter how bad a guy’s day is. All it takes is a and a could make it all better.” Yoochun said all knowingly. Suddenly a bulb lit above his head, just like Jimmy Neutron having one of his brain blast “You know what count me in.”

“What?!”

“I want to do that business too. Just tell me what you need and I help with utmost effort.” Yoochun said a bit too enthusiastic. “We’ll be business partners!”

“Yah, Park Yoochun aren’t you getting too carried away?” Danmi laughed at him.

“No I’m not kidding. I got lots of friends who surely would be a regular. Oh and I have lots of ideas too. We should totally do this!” Danmi swore Yoochun’s eyes just sparkled.

Their ‘business talk’ went through lunch. Yoochun blabbered about his ideas and Danmi was torn from being amused or disgusted that such thoughts exist inside his wide forehead. He even abandoned the ‘kingka’ table to eat with her and L as he scribbled his ‘idea’s’ down on a piece of paper that’s already almost full.

(^+^)(^0^)(^+^)

Jaejoong’s eyes roamed around looking for that certain girl that he’s going to be accompanied for the night. He’s not in Purple Line or trying to hook up with someone. He’s just looking for his date who’s supposed to be with him in that boring charity function fifteen minutes ago.

Earlier that night his mother called him, saying that he’s going to a charity event that she was supposed to go to. His mother said that they been very fortunate in life and should give back by sharing to the less fortunate. Thus, through his mother and other ‘good wife’, a non-profit organization was made.

Jaejoong smiled as greeted another face who’s somehow business associated with his family. A fake smile he learned and mastered growing up. He grew up like that, around people who are also like that. His mother insisted that a Kim’s presence is must and that it would be a good chance for them, for him to show that he’s a changed guy. That he’s no longer the irresponsible jerk who sleeps around. Now, he’s the guy who’s going to get married to a girl, gonna start a family and gonna take over the company. Well that’s how his mother put it.

“What took you so long?” Jaejoong asked through a forced smile as they linked their arms knowing everyone already had their eyes on them.

“Took care of a few things” he was going to give her an earful about making him wait but the MC already started speaking on stage, letting Danmi off the hook.

Both of them didn’t really listen to what the guy said. Jaejoong was sure he didn’t but he didn’t show any act of flustering when the spot light were suddenly on them and everyone was clapping. Slowly he made his way on stage with his soon to be trophy wife clinging on his arms. He said a few things make a few jokes and pleased the crowd with his looks. Another thing he was thought since he was a kid.

After they left the stage the two parted. Danmi left to get some food fingers to eat since it’s the only delicacy in the party and Jaejoong went to talk to some business associates, both of them being on both ends of the room.

Danmi dipped and ate her chicken leg lollipops. Actually she was really hungry. She doesn’t eat breakfast because she woke up late and skipped lunch because she’s too lazy to cook. She’s not on diet or something; her body is the type to never get fat no matter how much she eats. (Yeah, I hate her too)

Unlike other girls who are showing skin with their fit, low cut and almost no cloth and see through dresses. Danmi was wearing a simple yet elegant sleeveless dress that flows down her body and stops just a few inches above her knee. Her make up the ‘no makeup’ makeup. Her hair was done in a clean but fashionably bun that made her look young and innocent. Well she is; she’s only 17 after all. She’s not in a hurry to grow up unlike those other girls her age who paints their faces like a colouring book.

“Are they really good?” someone asked.

“Excuse me?”

“Those chicken lollipops. Are they really good? I ate one earlier but I don’t think I enjoyed it as much as you do.”

“Maybe you ate a different chicken?” she went with the flow. She’s getting bored and some company would be appreciated.

“Maybe. Maybe the chicken leg that you ate was a friend of the chicken I ate.” He stated totally not heading anywhere.

Their eyes met with dead air around before the two burst into laughter. “Yeah, maybe they befriended on their way to the kitchen.”

“I’m  Lee Min Ki” he introduced as he held out his hand for a handshake which Danmi willingly took.

“I’m Seo Danmi nice to meet you.”

“I’m guessing you’re the rumoured fiancée of the playboy Kim Jaejoong?”

“Yes she is” Jaejoong who’s suddenly by Danmi’s side slide his arms around her waist and pulled her closer as if claiming his property. “And we are just about to go, right babe?” Jaejoong smiled through gritted teeth. Air got stock on her chest, the chicken meat almost going through the wrong pipe. She wasn’t really expecting him to appear out of nowhere much less get so close to her. She stared back at him with her heart racing. Danmi got the picture, they are leaving NOW.

 


 

[90 degree bow] Thank you very much! I just gained twice the number of subscribers I was expecting. You guys don't know how much this means to me! I feel so blessed that people are actually interested with things that goes inside this head of mine. I know i'm lacking in many departments so i would be more that thankful if you guys would help me out. I'm not gonna lie about not feeling pressured, so I hope you guys guide me and improve. I'll do my best to improve and keep things as interesing as possible so it would really help a lot if you guys let me know what you think so that I could make the necesary adjustment to my story. 

Jun_KOI_Mi: Did i disappoint you with this chapter? I also wanted him to frustrated but I don't think I portrayed him frustrated enough. I was thinking that he wouldn't say or visibly loose his mind since she stepped on his ego big time. what do you think?

el_lirio85: Thank you very much for subscribing. I'll do my best to live up to your expectations. I hope you bear with me.. =)

Izzy101196: Yeah. He never lost to a girl before and it only made things worst since his friends are around and she beat him at his own game. 

andagirl753: hehe, you're right. I was actually thinking of letting Jaejoong win but that would just kill the story..=)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNG YUNHO!!!!!

Yunho bear, you don't know ho wmuch I love you. here, I baked you some cookies,

what about me??!! I want some too!!

Jaejoong, babe. You had your's on your birthday!! this is for Yunho.

(glares at jae)Oh, Jaejoong shut up. My Birthday, My cookies (looks at me with loving eyes) Thank you jagiya, I know you love me..

(Jaejoong ignores Yunho and pouts doing this things with his eyes) But you said i'm your favorite..

YOU ARE!! but it's just that it's Yunnies birthday. And I--

Yunho: I'm here You KNow!!!

me: U-KNow?

Jaejoong: Yunho!!

Yunho: -_-'

(sorry guys. This is the first time I did this. hehe)

 

but jagiya don't eat too much. We don't want another trip to the dentist, don't we?

 

araso araso. I won;t nag anymore. You Know I love you right?

I Know! I'm U-Know Yunho!!